Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was 9/14/17 my surgery weight was 306, i am now 239. I've been at a stall for about 4 months now. I am getting discouraged thinking the weight I am at now will be my weight I have to stick with. I am working out and eating healthy. I even switch it up with my workouts thinking this will help. I feel like 4 months is a long time. Has any one else experienced this long of a stall? Please tell me things will get going and I will start dropping soon. Any tips or things I should try?

Make sure you are journaling every single thing you eat.

I know...it's a pain in the arse...believe me.

But, it's very easy for our calories to creep up a few hundred a day without us noticing. Try to keep your calories under 1200.

Also, add activity...and be sure to switch it up. Your body adapts to things you do all the time and they become less effective at burning calories. If you're a gym rat...try swimming. If you're a swimmer, try a yoga class. If you're a walker....try a dance routine or a rebound routine.

Try to get in some cardio three times a week...it'll help.

Best wishes and good luck!

My surgery date was close to yours 9/1/2017 (I hope I got that right I’m from Australia) and I’m basically in the same boat, I think I’ve lost maybe 3kg this year.. But I am still losing inches, Are you taking your measurements? Also muscle weights more than fat, I’m finding my muscles are finally coming back

VSG: 1st Sept 2017. 30. SW:130kg. CW: 88.8kg.

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you, well except i haven't been eating perfect all the time, i started at 312 or so and today i was 236. Was stuck all of march and most of april so far so I went back to pretty much meat for a week and dropped another 3-4 pounds. I can tell my size is changing though, bought few pair of short a month ago and they were tight and now they are falling off.

Boatnam1 - that’s my go-to too... go back to basics and reset of sorts. Congrats!

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 173
5’6”

5 minutes ago, BostonWLKC said:

Boatnam1 - that’s my go-to too... go back to basics and reset of sorts. Congrats!

GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 173
5’6”

Yes it does BostonWLKC , the Carb monster in me is always fighting for a cracker or some sugar laced product, the battle continues on lol, your numbers look pretty solid, nice work.

Thanks!
Omg carbs 🤯! I was such a carb-monger! Really trying to stay away from those (ie rice, potatoes, BREAD!). Omg bread...

Haha struggles...

GW#1- 199 (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 173
5’6”

I did the Atkins diet so many times before VSG i can quickly grow tired of meat and veggies, but it what we signed up for, I'm going to keep trying. What is your best go to dish that you cook? Maybe i just need some new cooking ideas.

I’ve liked ground turkey with low sodium taco seasoning. I add in some chopped veggies like carrots, onion and broccoli. Sometimes with a little low sugar Tomato sauce.
I’ve also enjoyed egg, tuna or chicken salad. Those tuna pouches are great- love the sweet and spicy one.
Grilled chicken with feta, tomato , onion and lettuce (think kabob or Greek dish)-great hot or cold
I was a meat and carb only (never red meat) type anyhow and don’t mind monotonous meals- for now anyway.

Fish every so often

You have any?

GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 173
5’6”

Sounds like some tasty little ideas you have there, thanks! I have been trying to bring back tuna in to my diet, easy to make and something i like to eat. I love Kabobs with veggies on them, getting to be summer so i will be cooking on the grill quite a bit. My go to is I get a costco rotisserie chicken once a week and make lettuce wraps with some fixings. Not making to much as of right now, guess i need to start do a few new things. i Had my favorite BBQ place last night, i was able to eat 2 ribs lol, rack will last me all week.

Rotisserie chicken has been a blessing!! Super easy to shred :)

GW#3- 160
CW 173
5’6”

Yea i will use rest of chicken to make a quick Soup with celery, onions, carrots, and some broth and maybe some potatoes.

No potatoes lol slippery slope

GW#3- 160
CW 173
5’6”

On 4/19/2018 at 10:21 AM, dominiquekyani said:

My surgery was 9/14/17 my surgery weight was 306, i am now 239. I've been at a stall for about 4 months now. I am getting discouraged thinking the weight I am at now will be my weight I have to stick with. I am working out and eating healthy. I even switch it up with my workouts thinking this will help. I feel like 4 months is a long time. Has any one else experienced this long of a stall? Please tell me things will get going and I will start dropping soon. Any tips or things I should try?

1. hydrate

2. Protein

3. no added sugar

4. no simple carbs

5. complex carbs from veggies

6. No snacking

12 hours at least from last meal to first of the day - most of that is asleep should be easy.

take a cooking class or get new cookbook and try out new ways to make old favorites.

I also fight the carb monster and i know the effect of that carb rush - hunger 1-2 hours later like you havent eaten in days.

Will anyone be perfect - No- but the closer to this you can push the small and shorter you stalls will be.

In my opinion - stalls are the result of low hydration low protein high carb diet with snaks added in.

this results in constant elevated insulin level and the body will not burn fat in the presence of elevated insulin.

Take it or leave it but if you are stalled what do you have to lose except the weight.

All wet, i hate to say it but what you say is all right!