Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 days down on pre opt diet 6 more days till surgery!!! liquid diet is rough in the beginning getting better. Made a big pot of homemade chicken vegetable Soup. It has kept me satisfied. I add carrots, celery, and green onion to the broth. My husband and kids got the chicken lol.

Hello all - I've been traveling for the last week or so. I need to get caught up on all the posts and new members!

On 6/3/2018 at 4:53 AM, Pearldrop said:

My date is tomorrow 4 June in the afternoon. I’m very excited and nervous. I’ve really appreciated the information on this forum. For those scheduled for tomorrow you’ll be in my thoughts, wishing you a swift procedure & a fast healing xx

Hope everything went well for you!!

On 6/5/2018 at 10:00 AM, Harleymama11 said:

Tomorrow is surgery day. Freaking out today. Not even anxious anymore but so very scared. Trying to spend some time with my 3 year old granddaughter and finish the last minute cleaning. Prayers greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope things went well for you as well. :)

On 6/5/2018 at 1:53 PM, EsoKev said:

Just barely made June! Got my date today - June 28th!!!

Woo Hoo - I've added you to our member list.

Yay! My surgery is July 23rd...Good luck everyone, we’re all almost there wish everyone the best!!

On 6/5/2018 at 10:22 PM, Oceanlove said:

I have finally made it here to being able to say my surgery is next week!! 6/13/18

i wish I had found this sooner because my support group only is once a month on a day I always work.

So im definitely looking for buddies

Welcome!!! I've added you to our member list. Definitely check it out as you can see the other members having surgery around your date.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:58 PM, Deb100 said:

I’m June 27th!!! Hello friends!!!

Welcome!!! I've added you to our member list.

On 6/6/2018 at 4:10 AM, lili@ne said:

I’m still on the process guys , mine probably later September , very anxious I’m doing sleeve !!

Welcome!!! I've added you to our member list. I'm doing the sleeve as well in August. I'm not anxious yet...it will come soon enough though!!

On 6/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, LindyPablo said:

Hi! I just got my surgery date this evening, July 17. Six weeks to mentally and physically prepare, and try not to let anxiety get the best of me!

Welcome and good luck on calming your nerves. :) I've added you to our member list as well.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:15 PM, Nnoi said:

Wow am I late to the party! But I should be having my surgery next month. I have one final (my 6th) Nutrition appointment the 21st and then they will schedule me for surgery. My Mom just had her bypass yesterday! She had a few days over two weeks between her last nutrition appointment and her surgery date so I am hoping to have mine early July.

Welcome to you as well! You're on the member list now too!

On 6/5/2018 at 6:27 PM, Dixie Jo said:

I don’t have my surgery date as yet, but I’m hoping for July! I have done all the classes, had all the tests except one and have to go back one more time to see the Shrink!
I’m getting excited! I’m sure this will help me!😊

Welcome Dixie! I've added you to the list too.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:36 PM, Trixie82 said:

I had my preop appointment today. Everything is paid for and now I'll have met my out of pocket for the year! I was a little nervous because I'm on day 3 of antibiotics for strep throat but they said I'll be fine for surgery on the 20th. Start my liquid diet on Thursday.

Woo Hoo, you're getting close!! I feel your pain on the strep. I had my tonsils out 2 years ago because I would get strep multiple times a year. Best decision I ever made!!

On 06/02/2018 at 21:37, MN_Meg770 said:

I can totally relate!! Same exact fears- to a T!! My surgery is July 23 and I’m terrified lately. Getting sick is so horrifying to me!! I know tend to eat badly when I’m lonely or bored. Obviously need that to change!!

Nice, I finally found someone who has the same date as me July 23rd..Yay!! I been so nervous lately and sometimes get scared but we got this girl!!

On 6/7/2018 at 12:00 AM, richiewho said:

So I just got me gastric sleeve surgery date which is 9/12. I completed the 3 month nutrition program required by Blue Shield and managed to not lose a single pound. After meeting with the surgeon 2 weeks ago, he told me he wants me to lose 40 lbs before the surgery to make it safer (shrink the liver I’m guessing). He gave me 3 months to lose the weight so the clock is ticking. I also met with the dietician who was very nice and gave me some tips with dieting in order to lose the required weight before the surgery. I am definitely nervous but also excited. I have a friend who did this surgery about 18 months ago and now looks incredible. Glad I stumbled on this site to give and get support!

Welcome! Did they give you a specific meal plan to follow to lose that weight before surgery?

18 hours ago, 2sparrows said:

I am having Lap Band surgery June 15th! I had some difficulty with the hospital not figuring out my costs correctly. But, now I’m approved and ready to go.

Welcome - You're so close!!!

2 hours ago, Crcountry said:

8 days down on pre opt diet 6 more days till surgery!!! liquid diet is rough in the beginning getting better. Made a big pot of homemade chicken vegetable Soup. It has kept me satisfied. I add carrots, celery, and green onion to the broth. My husband and kids got the chicken lol.

Hang in there - it will all be worth it!!

21 minutes ago, zodiacalm said:

Yay! My surgery is July 23rd...Good luck everyone, we’re all almost there wish everyone the best!!

Welcome! I'm sure this time will fly by and your surgery will be here before you know it.

@PCOSSUCKS - First, I am so glad you are doing better and are seem to be out of the woods. I'm thinking of you and your recovery. How scary for you and your family. Secondly, thank you so much for sharing your story here. Any surgery has risks, but I think with WLS we tend to forget (or overlook) the risks because it's a surgery we all want so badly.

This is an important reminder for us to be realistic and be prepared for any and all outcomes. Personally, I updated our will and added a living will just in case. I also had a very honest conversation with my husband about my medical wishes should something go terribly sideways.

It's also an important reminder to keep your perspective in check. We all want our surgery as soon as possible and none of us want to hit a delay or have our date rescheduled. But sometimes that happens. Keep in mind your physician has your best interest in mind and only reschedules, requires additional classes, or insists on you losing more weight prior to surgery because he wants you to have the best possible outcome. It's easy to be disappointed in these setbacks, but it will all work out in the long run. :)

The whole point of this board and this group is to support one another. We will all have successes and failures and complications are a part of the process. I hope everyone here will feel comfortable in sharing what is going on with their recovery and progress so we can all provide support, prayers, laughter, and love. (I know that sounds cheesy, but this is what we're here for!)

Edited by Ylime

I am so happy to have all of you here. We currently have 86 members that have checked in for a Summer surgery!

I keep telling people that time will fly by while waiting for surgery. As proof I was just thinking about how it was just a few weeks ago when I started this post. But today I noticed the actual start date was April 17! Nearly two months ago and it definitely doesn't feel like it's been that long.

As much as I want to enjoy this summer to it's fullest, it will certainly benefit me for it fly by!

MEMBER LIST:

For all the new members, check out our member list as you'll be able to see where everyone is at in their journey and find your surgery twin or buddy! -------> tinyurl.com/SummerWLS

Glad you are back Ylime!

13 minutes ago, Chrisb428 said:

Glad you are back Ylime!

Thanks - I feel like I have been extra busy lately and haven't been able to pop in as much. But I need to because there is so much awesome activity on here!!

Hey everyone! My surgery date is July 2nd for the sleeve! I’m so excited to have so many buddies to get support from! 💜

On 06/08/2018 at 18:26, AshAsh12 said:

Hey everyone! My surgery date is July 2nd for the sleeve! I’m so excited to have so many buddies to get support from! 💜
Congrats! Welcome!

2 hours ago, Ylime said:

@PCOSSUCKS - First, I am so glad you are doing better and are seem to be out of the woods. I'm thinking of you and your recovery. How scary for you and your family. Secondly, thank you so much for sharing your story here. Any surgery has risks, but I think with WLS we tend to forget (or overlook) the risks because it's a surgery we all want so badly.

This is an important reminder for us to be realistic and be prepared for any and all outcomes. Personally, I updated our will and added a living will just in case. I also had a very honest conversation with my husband about my medical wishes should something go terribly sideways.

It's also an important reminder to keep your perspective in check. We all want our surgery as soon as possible and none of us want to hit a delay or have our date rescheduled. But sometimes that happens. Keep in mind your physician has your best interest in mind and only reschedules, requires additional classes, or insists on you losing more weight prior to surgery because he wants you to have the best possible outcome. It's easy to be disappointed in these setbacks, but it will all work out in the long run. :)

The whole point of this board and this group is to support one another. We will all have successes and failures and complications are a part of the process. I hope everyone here will feel comfortable in sharing what is going on with their recovery and progress so we can all provide support, prayers, laughter, and love. (I know that sounds cheesy, but this is what we're here for!)

It’s so lovely to have you back. This post felt like a warm hug xx

21 minutes ago, Pearldrop said:

It’s so lovely to have you back. This post felt like a warm hug xx

Awww thanks! :blush: