Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Small bites and chew, chew, chew. Ugh, I forgot and the meal ended up in the toilet. Oh well, lesson re-learned.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Sorry to hear - I did that once - didn't get sick, but couldn't take another bite - couldn't move - just couldn't do anything but pray, swallow slowly, and hope that it passed (literally) and didn't come back up.

It was miserable! No rushing. Always make time for your meal - and don't eat distractedly. I'm reminding ME not you :) I'm still at risk to do it again!

Hope you're feeling better!

Roxine ---does it hurt too? I need to know these things because I yearn to join you and Mattymatt in "Kangaroo-land" where everybody has a pouch. May get me a t-shirt with one on it, maybe praying, when it gets too big I can sleep in it. LOL Now to decide on a color, maybe powder blue or pink, yeah pink cause I'm going to be a girl kangaroo.[emoji13]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

yeah...over a year out and I did this just last week. It was so painful. But I was thankful in a weird way because it means my tool is still working :)

Yes, it hurts. For me, at least, it's a lot of pressure and a kind of burning sensation (kind of like heartburn but not quite) in the chest. It sometimes passes after 10-30 minutes, or sometimes it lingers until I vomit (but usually it's only a little bit of clear fluid/phleghm, not the actual food, that comes up). It's happened to me a few times, and typically I feel better IMMEDIATELY after I vomit, if that happens.

That's something Mr Gastritis hasn't done to me yet. But I do get "the don't eat anymore sensation"-- I'm willing to rock with it, if my stomach isn't all distended the surgeon might be gentler and I would not have the post surgery spitting up of dried blood --although most of the people mentioning it were sleevers, there were a few Bypassers there too.[emoji14]I figure prewarned--- pre-ready.[emoji14] Thank you, kangaroos I hope to be hopping along with you soon[emoji106]

1 hour ago, frust8 said:

Roxine ---does it hurt too? I need to know these things because I yearn to join you and Mattymatt in "Kangaroo-land" where everybody has a pouch. May get me a t-shirt with one on it, maybe praying, when it gets too big I can sleep in it. LOL Now to decide on a color, maybe powder blue or pink, yeah pink cause I'm going to be a girl kangaroo.

Yes it hurt. It felt like a deep pressure all the way down my esophagus, from the back of my throat into my pouch. It was almost like even saliva might cause me to vomit. It was the most uncomfortable feeling I've ever experienced - and one I don't want to experience again. Now I know when I may have made an "oops" didn't chew that quite right - and I pause, breathe, and think really hard before attempting to eat again.

I also make sure I look at the clock when I start eating, put my utensil down between each bite, try to count how many chews (20 - 29 is my goal) of each bite, and go slooooowwwwwwww.

It most certainly does hurt! I took a nap and my stomach just aches now. I am on liquids and puree for the rest of the day.

Hello so when I eat I’m still not remembering to eat slow, I’ve had one incident where the food went down but it hurt so bad, I just stopped eating and walked a little. Didn’t come up but I didn’t eat anymore that day!

Sorry to hear this. :(

19 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Sorry to hear this. :(

It's okay. It's a good lesson to learn!

I’m 4weeks out and had dumping last night- worse thing ever! I was talking w my family and eating way to fast I think. Any way took me 1hr to actually throw up anything- and that was by making myself do it. It was like my gag reflex was gone. Lesson for me!

28 minutes ago, bensmomclark said:

I’m 4weeks out and had dumping last night- worse thing ever! I was talking w my family and eating way to fast I think. Any way took me 1hr to actually throw up anything- and that was by making myself do it. It was like my gag reflex was gone. Lesson for me!

Dumping syndrome is actually a little different. Without being too graphical, it comes out the other end ....

My daughter & I were practicing chewing our food today at lunch. We were cracking ourselves up be cause one of us would started talking & then we would loose count.

One thing that helps is laying your fork down between bites.

Toodles,
Rue