Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4/17/18 is my day! Anyone else having surgery in April? How’s your Pre-op diet going?

My doctor requires a full two week liquid diet! 1000-1200 calories max! No more than 150 carbs. My surgery is on the 17th so I've been on it for 10 days! The first three i thought were the worst, I felt like I was dying of hunger even after eating 70+ grams of Protein a day. So far I've lost about 14+ pounds in 9 days (I'm not counting day one) I think I've lost more from this than from the pounds you needed to lose to get the surgery! I won't be surprised if on surgery day I've lost 17 pounds. So hard, and the sugar free everything makes me nauseous

I hope it went well today!

I hope it went well today!

My surgery is May 2nd and I'm really struggling with preop. Today is day 2. My son is on school holidays and we went to shops and had lunch in food court. We got mini felafel kebab and while I got lots of salad in it I know the carb ratio exceeded my 1 serve a day allowance. I have been topping up with Soup and verges but sometimes needing extra Protein like a hard boiled egg to. Also finding it hard doing all family's meals and Snacks is making me feel so angry at my husband for not even bothering to help. Is anyone else feeling like this. Hangry and teary.

@BisW0902 please update us when your surgery is complete. Also anyone why,i might have missed like@mmh23 and @magpie26. Take care and heal!😛❤

11 hours ago, jules1 said:

My surgery is May 2nd and I'm really struggling with preop. Today is day 2. My son is on school holidays and we went to shops and had lunch in food court. We got mini felafel kebab and while I got lots of salad in it I know the carb ratio exceeded my 1 serve a day allowance. I have been topping up with Soup and verges but sometimes needing extra Protein like a hard boiled egg to. Also finding it hard doing all family's meals and Snacks is making me feel so angry at my husband for not even bothering to help. Is anyone else feeling like this. Hangry and teary.

Hoping all the 17th surgery dates went well!!!

@jules1 Today is my 1st day on pre-op diet and my surgery is on April 25th. I'm having a little bit of hunger pains, but not too bad yet. I imagine by tomorrow I will feel just like you are feeling (maybe even tonight!). My diet is 2 Protein Shakes and my dinner is 3oz. chicken and 3oz. Non-starchy veggies, and I can also have a sugar free Jell-O or broth in between 2 meals, and I can't exceed 800 calories!😣

Good luck to you pre-op and post-op!!

I'm on Day 8 of pre op and I've not been hungry...it's been all mental for me. I keep telling myself that the outcome will be much better than messing up on my pre op. We can all get through this together by supporting each other. Let's do this!!!!!

3 hours ago, Nikki_Nik87 said:

Hoping all the 17th surgery dates went well!!!

@jules1 Today is my 1st day on pre-op diet and my surgery is on April 25th. I'm having a little bit of hunger pains, but not too bad yet. I imagine by tomorrow I will feel just like you are feeling (maybe even tonight!). My diet is 2 Protein Shakes and my dinner is 3oz. chicken and 3oz. Non-starchy veggies, and I can also have a sugar free Jell-O or broth in between 2 meals, and I can't exceed 800 calories!😣

Good luck to you pre-op and post-op!!

Hi, thanks Nikki.

I feel a bit better mentally today and have been thinking of a nice recipe I can make up with my low carb vegetables and herbs. I still have the constant headache but assume it's carb withdrawal. It's funny as I've been dying to eat a piece of sponge or donut and I don't eat sweets usually. I think it's the sudden withdrawal of all the bread my body was getting. I imagine it does get easier after a week as your not feeling too bad.

Omg I miss bread so much [emoji23]

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 174
5’6”

Today is my first day home after having the gastric sleeve on Monday. I’ve only been able to drink 24 oz of Water and half a Protein Shake. I really hope I am able to drink more each day. I can only use Protein powders this week too, and they taste horrible now. I can’t wait to be able to have the pre-made ones that don’t have such an after taste.

Height: 5’6
BMI: 37
VSG scheduled for 4/16/18
GW: 160
MFP: Fit4LifeAR

well we'll and a Welcome Home to you!😛 So happy to hear from you again and sad to hear you're having a few problems. It is important getting your fluids in. Have you tried the baby cup idea? Get 4 baby medicine cups , fill each,with wster, try to drink,it down by sipping every 15 minutes. That's an hour to Get it down . Do that in the,8 hours you're up and you've made your quota. Are you eating any sugar free popsicles? They count as Fluid as does the skim milk, Water, almond milk you are using to mix your powder into. Do you,like tea? You're. a Texas gal, probably raised on sweet tea, well no more sugat, but you might be able to use a little stevia, Monkfruit or agave in it, doesn't have to be strong, justvweak green or herbal teas, some,people do,better with warm or cold liquid,better than room temprature. Do you have any mio or Crystal light in the house? That might be a possibility.Okay let me tell you,my future plans. I will make up one of those above liquids. I will put it in a bigger container. In the bottom I will put a slice of lemon or possibly lime. I like lime,myself, I have heard someone put a slice cucumber in hers, another put sprigs of mint. Whatever floats your boat. Every hour I will fill my little 2oz cups with the flavor-infused water and gently sip every 15 minutes because I am not into bland warm wster. If I have powder I may even make it half strength or use an alternate to water if I can. Maybe I'll go the week green tea route, it will depend on what works best for me. I have started,my own in-case shelf of items in case I get a favorable report and start moving forward fast. I have my first. 4 pack. of Premier Premium,Peachs and Cream premade there. I swore I wasn't going to,plan ahead but you having your surgery has inspired me, given,me renewed hope. My,local Wal-Mart just got,those new flavors in so I invested $7,27 in the project. I'll probably,add in a few more flavors,later. I can't have chocolate, and some many kinds have that as their primary or only,flavor. Can you use those clear Isopure, Protein 2 o, sugar free Gatorade or Powerade drinks? That might be a possible. Have tried instead of drinking out of a yuppie just using a teaspoon. I'm trying to help remember some of the other tricks people have used. If the Protein Powder is plain chocolate or vanilla, Maybe add a little flavor to that. I like strawberry-kiwi in things that might be a thought. I hope maybe some ideas you can use. Do you have any little Dixie cups? Take some of your made up and freeze it, either to slushy or hard like an ice cube. I wouldn't,be giving you all three ideas if you didn't matter. You do matter, both to your kiddos and to us here on BP. You're our bud and we've thrown to love you also. Now darlin'give yourself permission to test and heal in between your other duties. Every day you sre going to feel a little better, a little stronger and hopefully next month you'll, be able to say Hey Frust8 remember how you told me to do this? Now you try it too! Because the Little Engine That could might get derailed herself at times! I'll need help just like everyone else😝❤😝

My date is 4/18! I haven’t been placed on any pre-op diet ... yet. I go in for my pre-op class on 4/11

How are you feeling?!

How are you feeling?!

Still at the hospital. I have been nauseous and in so much pain. They kept trying to get me up yesterday but I was in pain and could barely stand up straight so I refused every time.
I tried to walk but only made it to the door and then had to turn around. I just got back in bed (at 2:20am) after I got up and walked the halls. Im starting to feel some gas moving, so hopefully it comes on out.

I also think it’s too hot in here, I’m getting congested and dried out.

18 hours ago, jules1 said:

Hi, thanks Nikki.

I feel a bit better mentally today and have been thinking of a nice recipe I can make up with my low carb vegetables and herbs. I still have the constant Headache but assume it's carb withdrawal. It's funny as I've been dying to eat a piece of sponge or donut and I don't eat sweets usually. I think it's the sudden withdrawal of all the bread my body was getting. I imagine it does get easier after a week as your not feeling too bad.

Yesterday evening was horrible for me! I had a headache and I was very irritable. At my pre-op today, the Nutritionist told me to drink a few oz. of Pickle Juice or a sugar free drink with electrolytes when I have those headaches, so I'm going to try that tonight.

Edited by Nikki_Nik87