Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being tired - what can you do ?

Okay people. I need some recommendations. In Dec 2017 I had the sleeve and Feb 2018 I was converted to the Bypass due to complications. I’m down about 65 lbs.

After the healing stages I had SO much energy and felt great, I was hitting the gym, etc.. The past few weeks I’m exhausted. All I want to do is sleep and when I’m not sleeping my eyes burn from being so tired.

I take Multivitamins, Vitamin D, B12 (liquid), Iron, and Biotin every day. I tried to incorporate Zinc for Hair loss, but it makes me sick. Oh, and I do get my Protein in everyday. I just had blood work and nothing is low except RBW and BUN/creatitine.

Is there anything else I can do to help? Is there a magical supplement out there that will aid in increasing my energy? Being able to function at work and at home would be great.

Any help would be nice, thanks!

Height 5’6

HW - 275

SW - 265

CW - 194

GW - 150ish

Sleeved 12/14/17

Revision to bypass due to complications 2/13/18

Eat well and ask your doctor if your low RBW is an indication of anemia, and if you should be doing anything to treat it.

Ultimately, you should always ask your doctor about unusual fatigue.

One thought - two general anaesthetics so close together has quite a likelihood of inducing fatigue for 8-12 weeks - it might be that...

Take care - sounds like you are doing all the right things...

I was feeling exhausted and really low energy. My surgeon's office gave me a B12 shot, and I was feeling back to normal soon after that. It could have just been a coincidence, but there's no harm in it, so I'm now a believer in B12

What complications would cause you to need the bypass if you don't mind me asking? Im starting to regret having the sleeve. It seems as if the weight loss is at a stand still. Over the past week I can't eat without throwing up. I too and tired [emoji31] despite working out and doing everything right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh my and I'm naturally worn-out although maybe the Protein Shakes and vitaminsv seem to have made a difference and I am willing to let my body rest and heal (if I ever get anything to heal from!) but I was hoping to start bouncing back as the weight diminishes and I can move easier. Please tell me I'm not hoping in vain! Am I a dope to hope?😪