Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Enterprise01's Brachioplasty with Liposuction

Amazing!! They are going to be SO SWEET once youv'e healed up. Do I see a little black dress in the future?

I guess you get to keep the drains in for a while longer? You're arms are looking great. Interested to see how they look when all the swelling goes down. I think you're going to be pleased.

Amazing!! They are going to be SO SWEET once youv'e healed up. Do I see a little black dress in the future?

YES!!! Let's hope I'm healed enough by this summer to wear it.

I guess you get to keep the drains in for a while longer? You're arms are looking great. Interested to see how they look when all the swelling goes down. I think you're going to be pleased.

The drains came out this afternoon and I did not feel it at all. I was worried about removing them, but it was a total non-event. No pain whatsoever. I don't have the compression garment yet, so we'll keep using the ace bandages for a few more days. I've asked my mom to stay a little longer because I cannot dress myself. Getting my bra on is particularly difficult. It's funny how Julie seemed to have such an easier time than me. I suspect it's because I had a lot of fat removed in addition to skin and I think that may have caused more swelling. I cannot raise my arms much above shoulder level, and Julie was raising hers all the way up a couple days after surgery. Just goes to show we are all different, much to my dismay. I'll post more pics in a few days. Thanks to everyone for all your support.

I think you're right about the bra-line fat making the difference between us, Enterprise. I had that taken out when I had my BL, so my arms were probably simpler.

What kind of compression garment are you getting? I've been using men's compression socks, like you'd wear on an airplane if you had circulation issues, with the ties cut out. They work pretty well, but don't go up into the arm pit, which, ideally, they would.

I know u are so happy to get rid of those drains. I have big scars on my arms, but mine are do to a ulnar nerve entrapment. Mine are about 2 years out and they have healed up nicely. Please don't notice them, unless I raise my hands over my head. So I know yours will heal up nicely.

Your arms are so tiny! They look so good!

wow, you won't be able to see those scars at all! good placement, the only way people will see them is when you raise your arms all the way up. I'm impressed! great results.

I think you're right about the bra-line fat making the difference between us, Enterprise. I had that taken out when I had my BL, so my arms were probably simpler.

What kind of compression garment are you getting? I've been using men's compression socks, like you'd wear on an airplane if you had circulation issues, with the ties cut out. They work pretty well, but don't go up into the arm pit, which, ideally, they would.

I still don't have the compression garment, so I'm not sure exactly what it's going to be like. I think it's compression sleeves that go up to the underarm and connect in the back with a bra-like band. And I'm not sure how I'm going to get that on by myself. The compression socks are a good idea. I'll try that if the sleeves are not do-able by myself. Most of the swelling is near my elbows, so the socks would probably work well for me.

Right now I'm still using the ace bandages, and that's getting old. I'm also using large band-aids (2.5" x 4") to protect the drain wounds and stitches from being irritated by my bra. I'm finally feeling some pain in the arms themselves. At first, I had very generalized pain in the arms -- like I was run over by a truck -- but now I'm having twinges of pain along the incisions. I'm taking that as a sign that the nerves are healing. The armpits hurt like hell and have since I woke up from surgery. The Darvocet is working well, though.

I haven't gone back to the office yet because I get weak easily and often, but I'm trying to work from home as much as possible. With the Darvocet, I'm having to double and triple check my work -- let's hope I'm not screwing up. My mom is staying until Monday, so I'll go back to work then. I am incredibly grateful that she's here.

Your arms look really good, and I don't think anyone will see the scars unless you purposely show them. I guess the twinges of pain are a sign of healing? I'm glad you had your mom to help you. Allow yourself to be pampered.

Do you know when the show will be on television? What is the name of the show?

Hey, everyone. Yesterday was my first day back at work and I was miserable. That was also my first day without pain pills. I'm still taking the darvocet at night, but nothing other than Motrin or Aleve during the day -- and that's really not sufficient. The armpits continue to look gnarly, but the arms themselves are healing nicely. The scars on the arms are very straight. I got the compression garment last Thursday afternoon, and it's impossible to get into by myself. They are basically sleeves that connect in the back across my shoulder blades by a row of 5 eyes and hooks, just like a bra. At this point, I cannot raise my arms above my head, but even if I could, I still don't think I could hook or unhook this thing by myself. My mom went back home to Atlanta yesterday and my boyfriend is not here Wednesday through Friday, so I'm on my own for those 3 mornings. I think I'll have to leave the garment on and just wash my hair in the sink on those days. Ugh.

I'll try to post some more pics in a few days. The tentative date for the TV show is Dec. 29th, but they haven't confirmed that yet. They also have not done the follow-up with me, so I suspect it will not be airing as early as Dec. 29th.

Could you explain more about the pain? I'm thinking about having this surgery, also. Is is painful to move your arms around or painful from swelling or the incision site? Can you hide the compression garment under your clothes? I hope everything gets better soon. Keep us posted about when the show airs. Wish you the best!