Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Enterprise01's Brachioplasty with Liposuction

Brachioplasty - DON'T!!!

Ladies, in 2004, after losing about 80 lbs, I had a TT. I was very pleased with it.

In 2006, I had a brachioplasty and a breast reduction. I am fairly pleased with the breasts but WISH so much I had not "done" my arms. The scars are more unsightly than the skin was....thick, ugly, pink scars.

AND, I had a scar revision!!!! The scars are even more ugly now.

I am horrified at what I look like naked....Frankenstein. The bad part is, the arm scars show even when I am NOT naked. If I could do one thing over again, it would be to pass on the brachioplasty. Seriously consider this: I am obviously "pro" PS, and yet I wish I hadn't done this.

My surgeon (I had lapband AFTER PS) told me he has NEVER seen a brachioplasty that looks good. He said it is just a waste of money.

Good luck to you, whatever your decision.

My consult went well, and I was impressed with the staff. I saw Dr. Heller first, then had pictures taken by office manager, Jacqueline, and then his assistant Dina went over the fees with me. Maybe her name was Dina instead of Inga and I didn't hear it right.

There is a chance that I could get my insurance to pay for breast reduction which would require a night at hospital. If they approve paying for the breast reduction, then he would do the other procedures at the same time (breast lift, Tummy Tuck with body lift).

He did not mention the TV show to me at all. The cost is higher than I expected and even though I told him I was Dr. Spivak's patient he never mentioned a discount.

My first step is to find out if my insurance will pay for breast reduction and go from there.

Dr. Heller seemed concerned that my weight has not been stable for long enough, and he felt I have more losing to do.

Enterprise, I'm excited for you, to be able to lose as much as you have in such a short time frame is wonderful.

When will you find out for sure about the surgery?

I go back to Dr. Heller this Friday, the 9th, so I'll know then whether he's going to use me for the TV show. I think Inga is pronounced with a silent "g" so it sounds more like Ina. When Inga went over the fees with you, did she print it out for you? That's where I saw the discount.

Brachioplasty - DON'T!!!

Ladies, in 2004, after losing about 80 lbs, I had a TT. I was very pleased with it.

In 2006, I had a brachioplasty and a breast reduction. I am fairly pleased with the breasts but WISH so much I had not "done" my arms. The scars are more unsightly than the skin was....thick, ugly, pink scars.

AND, I had a scar revision!!!! The scars are even more ugly now.

I am horrified at what I look like naked....Frankenstein. The bad part is, the arm scars show even when I am NOT naked. If I could do one thing over again, it would be to pass on the brachioplasty. Seriously consider this: I am obviously "pro" PS, and yet I wish I hadn't done this.

My surgeon (I had lapband AFTER PS) told me he has NEVER seen a brachioplasty that looks good. He said it is just a waste of money.

Good luck to you, whatever your decision.

I'm so sorry you're not happy with it. I've heard that the scars are bad, but after 2-3 years they should be white. Do you have photos you can share?

I'm so sorry you're not happy with it. I've heard that the scars are bad, but after 2-3 years they should be white. Do you have photos you can share?

the majority of photos that I've seen 2-3 years out are also ok- also, Julie's dad is a plastic surgeon- do you think he'd let her do it if the outcome was going to suck?

doubtful

I don't have pics but I will try to take some and post them.

My scars will hopefully get more pale. But the problem is how thick and wide they are....more than half an inch wide from the armpit down to my elbow. There are seven points where the scar is just more than an inch wide. Even white, they will still be noticeable.

I HOPE HOPE HOPE that you do not have the same problems I did.

BTW, my Dad is a PS as well. And my surgeon is definitely one of the best. I don't blame her.

Anyway, good luck. I just felt compelled to write when I read that you were fine with having scar revision down the road if needed. That was exactly my attitude, and the scar revision didn;t help at all.

I am unable to wear short sleeves now. Before, I was worried about being able to go sleeveless! I just wish I could go back.

Good luck with it!

Like my stomach, my upper arms survived pretty well, but they're just that bit flappy, enough for my kids to hold them up and bat them around, lol. But like my stomach, they're not bad enough to make the op a no brainer, its a LOT of money and some scarring for a very very minor problem kind of thing.

So I will live vicariously through all you glamour girls getting yourselves all perfect! You're going to look great!

Jachut, I have seen your pics and you already look pretty darn perfect yourself! You are what I aspire to be!

My scars will hopefully get more pale. But the problem is how thick and wide they are....more than half an inch wide from the armpit down to my elbow. There are seven points where the scar is just more than an inch wide. Even white, they will still be noticeable.

Did you gain weight after you had the brachioplasty? If so, do you think that may be why the scars widened like they did? I have a scar under my chin that has shrunk considerably since I lost weight.

Enterprise, don't be scared of the scars. I have had a brachioplasty, Breast lift with implants and a lower body lift. I am hoping to have a thigh lift someday, but it will be a while. After the thigh lift I will be done. I don't think my doctor did as great of a job as he could have or maybe another PS could have, but I LOVE my "new" arms compared to the way they were. Hardly anyone notices my scars and if they do I am more than happy to tell them why I have scars. It has been one year and nine months since my brachioplasty. My right arm just has a very thin white line and my left arm has a line that is a little bit wider and a tad bit pink. However, I love the scars and all compared to my flabby arms that I had before! I am no longer embarrassed to wear tank tops. I wore a bikini this summer for the first time since I was five! I say go for it and if you have any plastic surgery questions I don't mind answering them. I consider myself a pro!

My mom had this done years ago and the scar now is white but noticable because it is kinda shiny. It was pretty ugly for many years. Everyone scars differently and there is now way of knowing how yours will turn out. Good luck to you.

Enterprise, my SIL had this surgery done and her scars are a very thin pale white line. The scars were red and then pink for a year, until finally fading to white. She does not tan, continuously wears sunscreen and took good care of her scar. She does wear sleeveless tops and looks fantastic.

I think the results with a scar depends on an individual basis, and aftercare. Most importantly is to not gain weight after surgery.

Good luck!

Brandy, Donna, and Tulip, thanks for the reassurance. I think I can live with the scars better than I'm living with the flab. When I look at myself in the mirror without clothes, I just think "gross"! I doubt I'll have the same response to the scars. Historically, I've been a pretty good healer. The only scar I have that still looks bad is my port scar. And I really think that's because I was so fat when it was done. Having to stitch up several layers of fat has got to produce a worse scar than just stitching up skin.

Back to a different issue - Enterprise - Inquiring minds want to know how you are doing on reaching the 10 pound goal?

Update Please. :)

Back to a different issue - Enterprise - Inquiring minds want to know how you are doing on reaching the 10 pound goal?

Update Please. :)

Well, according to the scale this morning, I've lost 13.5 pounds in 13 days. Yay! I think I'm somewhat dehydrated, so I'm going to call it 12 pounds. I'm also terribly weak today (probably low potassium), so I'm eating a banana right now. My appointment with Dr. Heller is at 1 p.m. tomorrow, so please keep your fingers crossed for me.

By the way, we're all still waiting on those pics to see your progress! You're going to have them up tonight, right?

Well, according to the scale this morning, I've lost 13.5 pounds in 13 days. Yay! I think I'm somewhat dehydrated, so I'm going to call it 12 pounds. I'm also terribly weak today (probably low potassium), so I'm eating a banana right now. My appointment with Dr. Heller is at 1 p.m. tomorrow, so please keep your fingers crossed for me.

By the way, we're all still waiting on those pics to see your progress! You're going to have them up tonight, right?

13 pounds in 13 days! that is wonderful! Congrats! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: