Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Enterprise01's Brachioplasty with Liposuction

Could you explain more about the pain? I'm thinking about having this surgery, also. Is is painful to move your arms around or painful from swelling or the incision site? Can you hide the compression garment under your clothes? I hope everything gets better soon. Keep us posted about when the show airs. Wish you the best!

Your clothes will hide the compression garment as long as you wear shirts with 3/4 or full length sleeves. The pain has kind of changed during the healing process. When I woke up from surgery, I was only feeling pain in my armpits. It was a constant soreness with sort of a burning sensation that was aggravated every time I moved. There was generalized pain my arms like a bad bruise. Then a week after the surgery, the pain started increasing in my arms. I'm getting shooting pains that are probably from the nerves regenerating. All the pain is focused around the incisions. I also have some surface numbness, which tends to happen with any kind of surgery, and it's rather uncomfortable. The pain in the arms does not seem to increase with movement unless I stretch too far. There is no muscle soreness or pain. The armpit pain is gradually decreasing. I have not tried to wash any of the incision sites. The slightest touch is incredibly painful and even makes me a little light-headed. Keep in mind that my experience is different than yours will be. JulieNYC is having a much easier time with her brachioplasty. I really think the removal of the underarm fat has caused the most pain, so you may not suffer as much as I have. Despite the pain, I'd do this again.

I have been wondering how you were feeling . . . Don't over-do it!!!

I went in for a slight fill yesterday and was surprised to find out that Patricia is no longer working for Dr. Spivak. She was there last week when I went in - any idea what happened???

I have been wondering how you were feeling . . . Don't over-do it!!!

I went in for a slight fill yesterday and was surprised to find out that Patricia is no longer working for Dr. Spivak. She was there last week when I went in - any idea what happened???

I don't think I know Patricia. Leslie is usually the one who tortures me with all the needle sticks and still never finds my port. She's as nice as can be, but she just doesn't have a knack for doing fills.

Thanks for explaining the pain to me. I really appreciate it. It helps to know as much information as possible. Have you asked the doctor if the shooting pain is normal? I'm encouraged that with everything you've experienced you would still do it all over again. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Thanks for explaining the pain to me. I really appreciate it. It helps to know as much information as possible. Have you asked the doctor if the shooting pain is normal? I'm encouraged that with everything you've experienced you would still do it all over again. I can't wait to see more pictures.

His assistant told me that the shooting pain is normal. And I remember having the same kind of pain when I had eyelid surgery several years ago.

Now I've got another problem. The compression garment is putting too much compression on my forearms and it's resulting in some significant pain. In fact, now the forearms hurt more than the upper arms. They feel like they are badly bruised, and extending my arms fully or turning my hands palm side up is excruciating. I spoke with Dr. Heller's assistant yesterday and she told me to go back to wearing the ace bandages for a few days. That's a bit of a bummer because they are bulky and don't sit well under clothes. The pain has lessened since I took the compression garment off, but it's still there. Even resting my forearm on my desk while I use the mouse is painful. Argh. It's always something, isn't it?

Thanks so much for your story (which I have just read from the beginning). I want to have brachioplasty done NOW, but I still have to get the lapband approved by insurance. Congratulations on all your success; I'm sure all your pain will be a memory when the summer gets here and you can wear anything that you want!

Your arms are so TINY !!! You must be sooooo pleased . . . I can't wait to see them in person soon at one of the meetings. :clap2:

Heaven help you with that compression garment - that thing resembles a straight-jacket . . . :omg: I can't even picture in my head how in the world you are getting in and out of it on your own - ???

Oh man, I want your arms! They look good girl! Hang in there, the pain will go away.

Tomorrow is my follow-up appointment with Dr. Heller. I'm still experiencing a good amount of pain, so I'm going to ask for some stronger painkillers. It's difficult to sleep with the constant pain, and lack of sleep will only hinder my healing. The incisions are looking better each day, but it's still fairly slow progress. I don't think my arms will look presentable for several months. I'll post more pics soon. Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement.

Your arms must be one of the hardest places to keep still. Just to lay in bed and read would take significant movement.

I feel for you. Speedy healing.