Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swimsuit Options??

Hi ladies,

I’m 3.5 months post op and down 40lbs, and I’m going on a cruise in early May for the first time. I need a new swimsuit, but since I’m only 40lbs down, I’m still facing the same issue when shopping for a swimsuit: my thighs.

There are so many cute swimsuits out there, but I have very large thighs that rub together and chafe. It’s also cellulite city around there and I prefer to keep them covered up.

Does anyone know of any swimsuits with longer bottoms? Maybe even like longer shorts? That might be a long shot but I’d thought I’d ask around :)

Check out lands end. They have an amazing variety of sizes and styles and a no questions asked anytime return policy!

I second the Lands End suggestion. I've never bought them myself, but a friend got a pair of skirted swimsuit-style capri leggings there, like these: https://www.landsend.com/products/womens-swim-crop-leggings/id_269396_57?sku_0=::BLA

449914_A716_FF_BLA?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1

Couple years ago I got a swim tunic and brightly colored men's board shorts. No one seemed to care that my butt was in men's trunks. They're way more practical. You can sit around in them and feel comfortable. i like comfort:)

IMG_0807.thumb.JPG.49b85077a07ebd1247c34ff3733e16e1.JPG IMG_0809.thumb.JPG.693c4b214f4d2efafb58bf6478c3bd35.JPG IMG_0808.thumb.JPG.087665b066f0d857e9a4ce351882f987.JPG IMG_0810.thumb.JPG.fc6f102a84be5fea334040166b14a47d.JPG

This place is called SHEIN this is where I got my swimsuits from.

And they have so many more .. check it out.. they have longer dresses.

5 hours ago, Atsu said:

Hi ladies,

I’m 3.5 months post op and down 40lbs, and I’m going on a cruise in early May for the first time. I need a new swimsuit, but since I’m only 40lbs down, I’m still facing the same issue when shopping for a swimsuit: my thighs.

There are so many cute swimsuits out there, but I have very large thighs that rub together and chafe. It’s also cellulite city around there and I prefer to keep them covered up.

Does anyone know of any swimsuits with longer bottoms? Maybe even like longer shorts? That might be a long shot but I’d thought I’d ask around :)

BOY OH BOY! I have the solution for you! And I've ordered these myself, so I know how comfortable they are and how they dry very easy! I struggled finding "shorts" that had flexibility and weren't heavy in and out of the Water. However, I wear these now.

https://www.swimsuitsforall.com/Chlorine-Resistant-Lilypad-Long-Bike-Short#rrec=true

They have regular length bike shorts or long bike shorts. Both are chlorine resistant and the same material that swim suits should be. They are PERFECT for water activities!

a_650023.jpg

a_3341.jpg

Edited by AshAsh1

I love the bike shorts and really all the swimsuits at swimsuits for all... I just have an issue with the fact that they call themselves “swimsuits for all” and start at a size 8. I can’t wear them. They aren’t for all anymore than the ones that only go to a 12 or 14 are. Which isn’t an issue per se... except for, well, their NAME!

Ugh

I love the bike shorts and really all the swimsuits at swimsuits for all... I just have an issue with the fact that they call themselves “swimsuits for all” and start at a size 8. I can’t wear them. They aren’t for all anymore than the ones that only go to a 12 or 14 are. Which isn’t an issue per se... except for, well, their NAME!

Ugh

Oh that sucks! I didn’t realize they didn’t have regular sizes :( I only go to their “plus section”. Too bad for them because they won’t get my business when I get smaller!

Oh that sucks! I didn’t realize they didn’t have regular sizes [emoji20] I only go to their “plus section”. Too bad for them because they won’t get my business when I get smaller!

Well they do, I mean an 8 is fully a regular size, but they don’t have anything smaller!

Wow how much smaller are you planning to be? At my pre surg big girl size an 8 sounds tiny, but I realize everybody has a personal goal for themselves. I know there are people on BP starting where I dream of finishing, a 15/16. But wow, an 8, maybe even I could go there?[emoji18]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I never imagined I would end up the size I did! I set incremental goals... to weigh less than hubby, to weight less than 200, to get out of plus sizes... my stretch goal was single digit sizes (ie an 8) but I blew past that.

You might surprise yourself!