Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help--Cramps every time I eat

Hello---so I'm 5 weeks out. For the last two days everything I eat or drink gives me cramps. Even the smallest portion of yogurt or a Protein Drink makes me feel sick. The pain is in my lower torso area so I know it's not my stomach.

Anyone have any past experiences or know what's up.

thanks

Are you having regular bowel movements? You could be dehydrated, not making stools soft enough, therefore, maybe a blockage? I would consult a doctor. :)

Thanks. Ur probably right. I have a hard time with the Water intake

Yep. In my life this means I need to stop eating until I clear the #2 tunnel. It may mean huge gyrations...colace, MOM, Miralax, Mag Citrate liquid, glycerine suppositories...And FORCE the Water down if it will still go...

I had the same problem in the weeks after surgery. It felt like pelvic pain. I took Milk of Magnesium and it took 2 days but I finally went. I would advise to not put it off. Because it’s not going anywhere. And the sick feeling you are having is your body saying you probably don’t have much room. Drink lots of fluids. I take soluble Fiber with my Water everyday to keep regular.

Thank you so much. THIs has been crazy. I m going to start wth soluble fiber--- that was a great tip.

Does this get any better????

Make sure you're pooping actively before starting fiber. Cuz if you are semi-impacted, you will have trouble pdq. I'd do some MOM now and make sure you have 2-4 really full poops first. But that's just my opinion.

I am keeping on top of mine in the following way--I can't have my psyllium fiber until about week 8. Until then:

2 colace/day

17g Miralax/day

and if that doesn't produce a daily poop, I take mag citrate or Smooth Move tea every 3rd day. But so far the above is managing it.

And I drink 120oz of water/liquid per day.

120---you're gunna drown. 😁 Colace and tea more me until further out.

thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches