Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Perpetually Dry Chapped Lips

Ok since surgery, I've had perpetually dry chapped lips! I can't keep enough Burt's Bees Lip Balm on them. :( Has anyone else noticed this issue? If so, what do you do about it?

TIA!

Switch to plain petroleum jelly at night.

Alaffia Shea butter lip balm is better than Burt’s. Try it.

Lips are good here but since surgery, 8 months ago, I have dry eyes late at night and early in the morning. I have to use those gel tear drops. I guess I don’t get the same amount of fluids I used to. Weird. I thought it would go away but it hasn’t.

I remember you were super worried before surgery (as was I) and I am hoping recovery and life is going well for you now.

winter weather causes dry lips could just be that time of year

dehydration is a big factor

and low levels of Vitamin b2 and b3

our surgery can cause numbers 2 and 3 but blame mother nature for number 1

Good to know... I'm a life-long chapstick addict (yes, I have a purse chapstick, a car chapstick, a living room chapstick, a nightstand chapstick, etc), so I will have to stock up.

When I was on accutane (for acne), I had perpetually chapped lips that would bleed. I found lip scrubs were super helpful. They moisturize and get the dead skin off, so you aren't tempted to pick at them. I really love Fresh's lip products. $20 for a lip scrub is rough, but man was it worth it. Alternatively, ELF makes one for $3 which is great too.

Mine aren't any worse than usual, but the best product I've found is EOS (the little balls). I have SO MANY flavors of them I could probably come close to filling an egg carton.

Fluffy, I'm having this issue too. I'm having to apply Blistex more often. I also use Aquaphor on my lips at night...fancy petroleum jelly. But, as you know, it's annoying and it doesn't make the dry lips go away.

I'm having a huge issue with this as well. At night my lips are cracked and very very dark pink/raw looking. Nothing much is helping. I need to up my Fluid a bit more.

I'm having a huge issue with this as well. At night my lips are cracked and very very dark pink/raw looking. Nothing much is helping. I need to up my Fluid a bit more.

I'm getting enough Fluid and have very dry and cracked lips. Think I might need chap stick too.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! I noticed my lips were chapped after the surgery. After I drink a Protein Shake I feel like they get worse, too. I have mostly been using Carmex. I think I might try a lip scrub soon. 👄