Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I woke up in post op with some serious pain. I just remember moaning and groaning. My surgery was at 10 and took about an hour. Finally made it to my room at 3pm. I honestly don’t remember much. I was getting dilaudid every 2 hours I took my first walk at 10pm but not far. I didn’t sleep much at all. This morning I went for another walk, and tried Percocet but it was not cutting it so I got more dilaudid. Took a nap. The nurse filled up 16 1 oz cups for me to drink in order to go home. But it hursts to swallow so I haven’t been doing too good. My Dr decided I will need to stay one more day to get pain under control, walk and drink more. My pain is all in my stomach and back. No shoulder pain. Right now I feel like I made a mistake getting this surgery but I am sure in a week or two that will change. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers!

I’m sorry you are having a rough go of things. Things should look up soon.

Edited by Apple203

Walk lots! Hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Hang in there, this will pass. Just be determined to get those cups down and walk, walk, walk it will make you feel so much better!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

@AshleyRN you are just grouchy because you are ouchy. As soon as you get to healing you will remember why you had.the surgery and be glad,you did. Incidently you and I must look alike,when I have my own surgery in a month or two I expect the same expression as they roll me in. Kinda like " they are rolling me through those doors, what am I letting myself in for?" Told Proud Grammy we look alike. So as you get happier and thinner remember you have a bari-sister in Ohio,following right along in your footsteps. Make each step good, I'm counting on your lead!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hold on there sis! I know that it seems hard at the moment but trust me in a few weeks as you see the weight melt off and your body starts changing and you feel better and get more energy you will forget about the pain that you are in. I am 6 months out and do not regret it one bit. I am over 6 months out and honestly I have forgotten about the pain. I am glad it did it and you will be as well! Just hang in there and sip and walk, in a few weeks you will be one happy woman! Good luck and keep up the great work! :D

Ashley—- how are you feeling? Hopefully a few days is making the difference :)

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 175
CW 188
5’6”

It gets better! Everyone at the hospital kept assuring me and it’s true.

My worst was nausea. My sister is a nurse and she insists that the key is to stop the narcotics. They make me feel crappy. Go to Tylenol ASAP.

the back/shoulder gas pains are the worst. I spent a lot of time requesting my husband massage my shoulder, back, and area just above breast. Helped me start burping things out.

i kept a cold compress on my head the whole time in hospital. I also requested warm blankets that I placed on shoulders and cold packs for pain.

The first 2 Days I walked 5x even though for awhile I got dry heaves half way down the hall. You have to use your breathing machine and walk out the gas and anesthesia.

i think my doTerra oils helped too. PasTense and deep blue for back and shoulder. Digestion and peppermint for nausea.

taking a shower was also helpful!

getting home was the best to get rest. Impossible to rest in the hospital😳

still burmy and bloated but sooooo much better.👍🏼

My sister and husband are very good at pushing me to move...if you don’t have someone to tell you...move ! Walk! Breath!❤️

Ashley—- how are you feeling? Hopefully a few days is making the difference [emoji4]

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 175
CW 188
5’6”

I was doing way better besides constant mental hunger until today. I am 5 days post op and am just now feeling bloated and having pretty severe gas pains in my chest and shoulders. I am sure it will pass. Thanks for checking up on me!

It gets better! Everyone at the hospital kept assuring me and it’s true.
My worst was nausea. My sister is a nurse and she insists that the key is to stop the narcotics. They make me feel crappy. Go to Tylenol ASAP.

the back/shoulder gas pains are the worst. I spent a lot of time requesting my husband massage my shoulder, back, and area just above breast. Helped me start burping things out.
i kept a cold compress on my head the whole time in hospital. I also requested warm blankets that I placed on shoulders and cold packs for pain.
The first 2 Days I walked 5x even though for awhile I got dry heaves half way down the hall. You have to use your breathing machine and walk out the gas and anesthesia.
i think my doTerra oils helped too. PasTense and deep blue for back and shoulder. Digestion and peppermint for nausea.
taking a shower was also helpful!
getting home was the best to get rest. Impossible to rest in the hospital[emoji15]
still burmy and bloated but sooooo much better.[emoji1360]
My sister and husband are very good at pushing me to move...if you don’t have someone to tell you...move ! Walk! Breath![emoji173]️

So you use peppermint for nausea and digestion? Where do you put it? My mom swears by essential oils. I do think one of my biggest problems is I am not walking enough. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and I live alone. So I am anxious to go for walks because I worry what if something happens to me out in the street like I faint. My family has been by to walk with me once a day but it’s not enough. I just can’t get over this anxious feeling that if I walk outside alone something bad with happen. I wish I had a treadmill!

I just smell the peppermint. I’ve only walked outside twice, today alone with the dog and didn’t get too far.

I get up every hour just to move. It seems like every other day I feel bloated but I have been getting in fluids and Protein.

i had Soup today and it was a great change from sweet shakes and protein water!

also got a weird rash today? Called dr office and they think it’s probably from bandage?

looking forward to getting through this liquid stage!!!

what are you drinking?

Back/shoulder rubs help gas pain. Also used a heating pad and I have a massage pad too.

I also use doTerra deep blue.

akso, use your hospital breathing machine .

Edited by Francess

I just smell the peppermint. I’ve only walked outside twice, today alone with the dog and didn’t get too far.
I get up every hour just to move. It seems like every other day I feel bloated but I have been getting in fluids and Protein.< br> i had Soup today and it was a great change from sweet shakes and protein water!
also got a weird rash today? Called dr office and they think it’s probably from bandage?
looking forward to getting through this liquid stage!!!
what are you drinking?

I have been drinking Water and premiere Protein Shakes with a scoop of syntax nectar and a scoop of PB2. I have been allowed to have cream Soups since day 3 but every time I have tried I got super nauseous. I also eat sugar free jello/pudding and sugar free popsicles.