Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble urinating

Sounds like a UTI. Call your surgeon but your surgeon might want this to be cared for by your primary health caregiver.

It is a fairly well- known fact that catheterization, especially an in-dwelling, even for a few days will provoke an UTI. That is why medical staff try to keep the procedures as sterile as possible. Plus the catheter can irritate your urethra, that could cause the blood you've seen.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, odds are you have a UTI. I’m so sorry. Hopefully, you can get some antibiotics ASAP and will feel better in 24-48 hours. Tylenol might help with some of the discomfort until you get seen, but please call your doc and follow their rules for taking medications.

Only you know what you are feeling and if you are unable to drive, that’s a problem. My suggestion would be to call your surgeon first and let them know what is going on, they might just call in a prescription or they might want to meet you at the ER. Most docs want a heads up if there’s an issue. I hope you get relief soon.

When you talk to your doctor and he prescibes something see if you have a drug store that makes deliveries. We have 1 in my town and they were of great value when I had my knee replacement. In the meantime drink as much Fluid as you can. Yeah you probably feel like,you are there all the time, but as a decorated veteran of the Urinary Tract Wars the more dilute you can make your urine the better you are going to feel and the sooner this will be over.

Call your doc tonight. You need relief. He will prescribe and antibiotic and you should also get AZO Standard Max Strength OTC pain reliever for UTIs. It makes your pee orange but it is a lifesaver. Don't wait. Call now.

If urgent care is open go there ASAP. Do not take AZO until after you have sent a urine specimen, if they want a culture this medicine can skew the results.

If you were discharged 4-5 days ago that UTI has been brewing for awhile and you need antibiotics before it gets worse and gets into your kidneys or blood.

‘Surely there is someone that can drive you to ER or an urgent care?

Can u ok afford a cab BMI or other transportation? I know you said you didn't feel like sitting but you,mihht have to man up and do it for your own wellbeing. Sepsis in the blood is no fun, besides as sick as you are it could put at the head of the line, triage-wise.