Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constipation to the max - two a&e visits

im a month out, everything was going good, until i was wondering why i didnt go to the bathroom after 3 days. still on the liquid diet.

4th day bloating started, 5th day it got worse and i got scared to eat. 6th day i took milk of magnesia, 7th day when i woke up, i got the urge and let out a whole anaconda. such a releive

day 8, full of gas and feels the same as the anaconda. i keep drinking ginger tea, drink Water whole day, probiotic prume yoghurt fat free, boillon etc, walking, doing yoga moves, massage y belly, but its staying in once every 3 hours a little wind will come out, but i burp the whole day through.

its frustrating as hell, but the surgeon keeps saying, just keep up the things you are doing right now, and it shall pass. i realy hope so

Mine went eventually- now using psyllium husks but it was horrid while it lasted. Hope you feel better soon kennyranking

ROFLMAO!!!! I am so sorry for any and all who have endured this Rosemary's Baby event!!! :lol::lol::57_cry:

@kennyranking You win the internet dude!!! Seriously! Anaconda? Ha!!

I JUST went through this on Monday! Pain like never before! Throwing up my toes! Couldn't keep ice chips down! Went to ER, had to get fluids, CT, xrays, barium swallow...and got iv meds for nausea and bowel spasms. And then had to load on the colace and MOM! It took 8oz of Mom to finally dislodge Rosemary's Baby! Dear God, Satan's Spawn!!!!!! 6 poopies later - today...LOL> This was all backed up since pre-surge liquid diet. The doc saw it in surgery and told me to get going getting it cleaned out--which I thought I had! But um, clearly. I had not!

Man WORST pain evs. Worse than surgery!!! FU fentanyl and anesthesia! Just FU! LOL.

Today my bowels are still gassy, windy, noisy as well, um, crap! But I have started eating again. And am concentrating on yogurt and taking things slowly! I am now on a strict regimen of daily colace, Miralax, watching to make sure I poo every couple of days max. And I'm sposed to slowly start Benefiber. Later, I can go back to my beloved whole psyllium husks.

Constipation became an issue for me towards the end of the weight loss phase. I would be bound up for a week or more. The only way I found to unbind myself after that long is to use a glycerin suppository that you have to shove up your rear. It works but you don't want to repeat that process again and again. For me the final solution was to eat an apple each night before bedtime. But you have to eat the skin of the apple also, not just the pulp. [applesause will not work]. Other suggestions from past posts are:

Smooth Move Herbal Tea

Prune juice (warmed)

Prunes (4 in the morning and 4 at night)

Magnesium citrate

Insoluble fibers (Garden of Life Raw Fiber or Renew Life Triple Fiber).

Haribo sugar free Gummy Bears [Be careful with this one because it can cause major diarrhea.]

Aerobic Magnesium 07

Ground Flax Seeds (but don’t try to grind it yourself). Use 2 tablespoons per glass of Water every night before going to bed.

Bowel Clear (herbal blend)