Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

~December 2017 Sleevers~Updates



Recommended Posts

My stats are nearly the same as yours! I am also 210 and sleeved on 12.27. One-derland is soooo close!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and thank you for posting. It makes me feel so much better about my progress...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, NegreteLove said:

Sleeved 12/20/17
HW 274 12/01/17
SW 254
CW 210
Total 64 lbs
Total since Sleeve 44 lbs

I am happy just wishing for onederland.


Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Perryman said:

My stats are nearly the same as yours! I am also 210 and sleeved on 12.27. One-derland is soooo close!

Haha same! I am around 211 and sleeved 12/27. HW was around 270

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know...i thought i had slow progress and i know progress is different for everyone but it makes me feel better that others are in the same ball park with their weight loss progress.

The best part of this is the non scale victories...i am loving the energy level and my skin is clearing up.

Best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow will be my 4 month mark post surgery. I'm down about 60lbs since surgery and almost 150lbs total including the 6 month pre-op diet. I'm about 30lbs away from my goal weight. Down from 4xlt shirts to an Large Tall, and from size 48 pants to size 36. Off the cpap machine. Feeling great.

Weight loss had slowed a bit in recent weeks as I've gone hard with heavy weight lifting. I'm losing about 2-2.5lbs per week now compared to the 4-6 I was losing each week.

I have no issues with tolerating any food. Just the amount I can eat. I find about 6oz is how much I can fit at one meal. I'm eating about 1200 calories per day on non-weight training days, and about 1400 per day on weight training days. Not limiting carbs per say, but I do eat Protein first. I usually end up around 90-100g of protein and 100-120g of carbs.

Best decision I've made. Would do it again 100 out of 100 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad to read these posts and see everyone's progress. I haven't been on the board in a long time, and I am realizing how much I need to talk to and hear from others who are going through this to keep myself in check and be realistic.

HW (4/2017) 341

Day of surgery (12/26/17) 319

Today 276


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2018 at 6:30 PM, BlueCrush said:

Tomorrow will be my 4 month mark post surgery. I'm down about 60lbs since surgery and almost 150lbs total including the 6 month pre-op diet. I'm about 30lbs away from my goal weight. Down from 4xlt shirts to an Large Tall, and from size 48 pants to size 36. Off the cpap machine. Feeling great.

Weight loss had slowed a bit in recent weeks as I've gone hard with heavy weight lifting. I'm losing about 2-2.5lbs per week now compared to the 4-6 I was losing each week.

I have no issues with tolerating any food. Just the amount I can eat. I find about 6oz is how much I can fit at one meal. I'm eating about 1200 calories per day on non-weight training days, and about 1400 per day on weight training days. Not limiting carbs per say, but I do eat Protein first. I usually end up around 90-100g of Protein and 100-120g of carbs.

Best decision I've made. Would do it again 100 out of 100 times.

Great job! Keep it up. I'm getting to lose a little slower because I'm afraid of lose skin. Do you have any issues with that?

I didn't have a 6 month run before surgery. I decided to do it 3 weeks before surgery. Glad i did it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone. First time posting here. I can NOT stop searching online for anything related to weight loss stalls. I'm going absolutely bonkers and hate how obsessed I've become. Finding this thread and reading where others are, who had surgery at the same time as me, is helping. So thank you! I'm 42, 5'10 highest weight was 335, was 312 day of surgery. Currently, I weigh 255 and have been stuck at this weight for a month. What im gathering is I lost a lot fast and now my body is just regrouping? It's not good for my mental health as I was enjoying the positive reinforcement of the scale moving. What's a typical days menu look like for you all? I feel like im doing things right but years of failure fill me with self doubt and the scale is reassuring those thoughts.
Breakfast I have 2 eggs cooked in some form, sometimes ill have 1 egg and a couple slices of bacon. For lunch I'll have 3-4 ounces of cubed chicken with shredded cheese and caesar dressing. (Sometimes I'll add a spoonful of green peas or garbanzo beans) Afternoon snack ill have 1/2 cup tuna salad, sometimes with crackers, sometimes not. Then dinner I have whatever meat/starch/veggie combo I cook for dinner, volume I'd say would fit in a 1 cup measuring cup. Some days i drink plenty, but most days I do not. I have definitely allowed myself an indulgence here and there with a treat.
Anyhow, glad to know theres people going through what im going through. Oh, any recipes you'd like to share, I'd be appreciative. I eat the same things all the time, it would be nice to try new things.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm making steady progress, though slower than before. I was 296 on 12-12 when I had surgery. I haven't weighed in for 3 weeks due to travel (vacation), but should be around 220 now. The last few weeks have been MUCH harder in terms of eating, I'm very hungry and trying to integrate some carbs. My daily calories have been 1200-1500 vs around 1,000. Still losing though and closing in on goal. I'm down to a 36 waist (from 42 or 44) and Large vs xxl or xxxl size. Energy is great and I'm super active.

Hope other December folks are doing well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gingerly said:

Hey everyone. First time posting here. I can NOT stop searching online for anything related to weight loss stalls. I'm going absolutely bonkers and hate how obsessed I've become. Finding this thread and reading where others are, who had surgery at the same time as me, is helping. So thank you! I'm 42, 5'10 highest weight was 335, was 312 day of surgery. Currently, I weigh 255 and have been stuck at this weight for a month. What im gathering is I lost a lot fast and now my body is just regrouping? It's not good for my mental health as I was enjoying the positive reinforcement of the scale moving. What's a typical days menu look like for you all? I feel like im doing things right but years of failure fill me with self doubt and the scale is reassuring those thoughts.
Breakfast I have 2 eggs cooked in some form, sometimes ill have 1 egg and a couple slices of bacon. For lunch I'll have 3-4 ounces of cubed chicken with shredded cheese and caesar dressing. (Sometimes I'll add a spoonful of green peas or garbanzo beans) Afternoon snack ill have 1/2 cup tuna salad, sometimes with crackers, sometimes not. Then dinner I have whatever meat/starch/veggie combo I cook for dinner, volume I'd say would fit in a 1 cup measuring cup. Some days i drink plenty, but most days I do not. I have definitely allowed myself an indulgence here and there with a treat.
Anyhow, glad to know theres people going through what im going through. Oh, any recipes you'd like to share, I'd be appreciative. I eat the same things all the time, it would be nice to try new things.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Your body has to take breaks to adjust with the rapid weight loss. Congratulations to you on your progress! I use Pinterest to find new recipes that are healthy and delicious.

I found that when i drink caffeine, i end up starving! So i stay away.

Any one else?

On 4/11/2018 at 6:30 PM, BlueCrush said:

Tomorrow will be my 4 month mark post surgery. I'm down about 60lbs since surgery and almost 150lbs total including the 6 month pre-op diet. I'm about 30lbs away from my goal weight. Down from 4xlt shirts to an Large Tall, and from size 48 pants to size 36. Off the cpap machine. Feeling great.

Weight loss had slowed a bit in recent weeks as I've gone hard with heavy weight lifting. I'm losing about 2-2.5lbs per week now compared to the 4-6 I was losing each week.

I have no issues with tolerating any food. Just the amount I can eat. I find about 6oz is how much I can fit at one meal. I'm eating about 1200 calories per day on non-weight training days, and about 1400 per day on weight training days. Not limiting carbs per say, but I do eat Protein first. I usually end up around 90-100g of Protein and 100-120g of carbs.

Best decision I've made. Would do it again 100 out of 100 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Down 63 pounds, but loss is slowing. Getting exercise in, which is great. Can eat anything; ground beef gives some trouble. Enjoy shakes in AM. Very happy with decision.

Just need to keep going. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sleeved on 12/27/17. I lost 15 lbs on the 2 week pre-op diet and have lost another 20 since surgery. Weight loss is much slower than I expected. Surgeon/nutritionist says to increase Protein and Water. I am exercising regularly and making healthy food choices but I am not sure how much longer when I see little to no results. Very frustrating!!

HW: 243
SW: 227
GW: 170

CW: 205


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mvep said:

I was sleeved on 12/27/17. I lost 15 lbs on the 2 week pre-op diet and have lost another 20 since surgery. Weight loss is much slower than I expected. Surgeon/nutritionist says to increase Protein and Water. I am exercising regularly and making healthy food choices but I am not sure how much longer when I see little to no results. Very frustrating!!

HW: 243
SW: 227
GW: 170

CW: 205

I was sleeved on the same day. It all depends on your height/weight ratio and how much Protein and Water you're taking in. The higher the BMI, the faster the weight will fall off at first until it'll start to slow down when you are closer to your goal weight.

Edited by sandra305

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×