Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1.5 years out

19 minutes ago, QueenTot said:

Thanks a trillion time to move from here

my bad, just wanted you to be happy.

go kill your thyroid and ruin your new set point with a wholly unsustainable fad-diet, simply to satisfy your ego. BE MY GUEST...

13 minutes ago, Tealael said:

But im willing to bet her NUT will suggest a low carb diet to get the ball rolling again

well that would certainly make sense, as the vast majority of dieticians and nutritionists are criminally out-of-date with the latest research. i believe they were still recommending 1980's-era low-fat and low-cholesterol dogma as recently as 2010. :rolleyes:

hate to ruin any romantic impressions you have of the low-carb diet, but the "insulin hypothesis" is pretty much dead. all the best randomized control trials have proven that, including a nail-in-the-coffin take down about a year ago...

http://www.forefronthealth.com/low-carb-diet-weight-loss/

well that would certainly make sense, as the vast majority of dieticians and nutritionists are criminally out-of-date with the latest research. i believe they were still recommending 1980's-era low-fat and low-cholesterol dogma as recently as 2010. :rolleyes:

hate to ruin any romantic impressions you have of the low-carb diet, but the "insulin hypothesis" is pretty much dead. all the best randomized control trials have proven that, including a nail-in-the-coffin take down about a year ago...
http://www.forefronthealth.com/low-carb-diet-weight-loss/

Thanks for the info
Bye!

I have stalled the past 1 yr no weightloss still over 200 lbs and I am so unhappy idk what to do any more any ideas on how to jump start my weightloss again

Read through all the comments. First I want to say congratulations on your amazing progress! You are doing amazing. You should definitely be happy with your progress and also work hard to hit your goal! You can get past this stall! My nutritionist recommended the Keto diet for me. Low carb, no sugar, high Protein and fat. I don’t go crazy with the fat but I also don’t buy fat free or low fat foods. I am only 5 weeks post op so I know I’m not the best person to give advice but if I were in your position I would probably try the WLS reset diet. I found it on Pinterest. It’s a condensed version of the post op diet and is supposed to help when you hit a stall.

22 minutes ago, JohnnyCakes said:

This is your proof? :rolleyes:

@QueenTot thanks. 60 pounds is great. How many grams of Protein and oz of liquids a day? Can you post a typical day or two of menus please?

27 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

This is your proof? :rolleyes:

did you read the linked study?

didn't think so. (so shhhhh...)

All of this may true
But im willing to bet her NUT will suggest a low carb diet to get the ball rolling again

He have me on a 800 calorie diet lol

7 hours ago, QueenTot said:

I have stalled the past 1 yr no weightloss still over 200 lbs and I am so unhappy idk what to do any more any ideas on how to jump start my weightloss again

Wow as you can tell people on the board are opinionated and feel their way is best.

He suggested 800 calories?

18 minutes ago, QueenTot said:

Yes 800

Wow I'm a bit surprised. 800 for how long? What did he give you for Protein goal and carbs? Can I ask where you had surgery and what surgeons office?

2 hours ago, lindsayAK said:

My nutritionist recommended the Keto diet for me. Low carb, no sugar, high Protein and fat. I don’t go crazy with the fat but I also don’t buy fat free or low fat foods.

see this is a perfect illustration of the problem with the viral, social-media inspired, fad-like popularity of the ketogenic diet..... it is vastly misunderstood and not followed properly.

in order to achieve nutritional ketosis (based on blood ketones, not urine sticks. get yourself a blood ketone meter and prick yourself at least twice a day, or don't bother with the diet), the average person needs to consume upwards of 80% fat. you must "go crazy with the fat" to use your terminology. like, snack on spoonfuls of coconut oil crazy. which is extremely unpalatable and unsustainable. hence ONE of the problems with the regimen. too often, people use it as an excuse to also eat high amounts of Protein, thinking it has no effect on blood sugar. incorrect. thru a process called gluconeogenesis, protein can be broken down and used as a source of glucose. thus kicking you out of ketosis.

add in the stress on the HPT feedback loop and adrenal fatigue. keep that up for a while and your thyroid WILL give. but that's if you get thru the persistent dry eyes and sleep issues that usually set in around week 3 of any properly executed ketogenic diet.

and then, you'll just have to follow this extreme, 80% fat diet for the rest of your life. because the moment you get off of it, your set point will ricochet the scale back to where you were before, probably with "some interest".

the real kicker? the human body does not need to be in full blown, >2.5mmol/L nutritional ketosis in order to lose weight. so you're doing all this for no GD reason.

but don't let me stop you with research and experience. because it's, like, reeeeeallly popular on reddit and stuff... and omg my sister lost SO much weight on it!!! LOVE!

Edited by JohnnyCakes

2 hours ago, Tealael said:

Thanks for the info
Bye!

where are you going? we're just getting started!

Wow as you can tell people on the board are opinionated and feel their way is best.
He suggested 800 calories?

Yes 800
Gainesville Florida through Shands at UF and Igo back in 2 weeks