Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are these trolls coming from?

I was going to agree with you but you seem to be just as rude as some others in this forum. Why are you asking someone if they have been to the gym today? Are you trying to make her feel bad for not going to the gym? That’s pretty low. We are all here for a reason. We are or were severely over weight. No need to belittle someone and tell them they need to be more productive.

The only person that took offense to that comment was you. I ask EVERYONE if they have been to the gym. Are you new? Haha I spread positivity. I remind people why we are here. Not to bash and assume. But to help. So, did you go to the gym today? [emoji4]

I have actually, and thanks! Don't lose heart, there were trolls here before us and shall be after us...and snark is part of being autistic [emoji4] If I could pass along some of the social deafness I've been told I'm not missing out on social cues...And I find that helping other people is helping me help myself...take care...

Well that explains. Have a great day, try and go to the gym or do a productive workout today! It will make you look and feel better [emoji8]

8 hours ago, goldenbarbie said:

Well, that explains. Have a great day, try and go to the gym or do a productive workout today! It will make you look and feel better

I did go today! Thanks for the reminder! Though hopefully my antidepressant's will kick in soon, usually I have a post-gym afterglow but with my sleeve stomach now my meds haven't been absorbing as well...But it did help a bit... :)

The only person that took offense to that comment was you. I ask EVERYONE if they have been to the gym. Are you new? Haha I spread positivity. I remind people why we are here. Not to bash and assume. But to help. So, did you go to the gym today? [emoji4]

Just because you say your comments are “spreading positivity” doesn’t make it true. You honestly think that saying “did you go the the gym today or have you been on here searching through post all day” is spreading positivity? The original post, was that also somehow a positive?

No I am not new but I don’t follow your posts like some groupie. I am sure glad I don’t considering your response to the person who referenced an old comment of yours. You were definitely spreading the positivity in those comments (insert eye roll).

Just because you say your comments are “spreading positivity” doesn’t make it true. You honestly think that saying “did you go the the gym today or have you been on here searching through post all day” is spreading positivity? The original post, was that also somehow a positive?

No I am not new but I don’t follow your posts like some groupie. I am sure glad I don’t considering your response to the person who referenced an old comment of yours. You were definitely spreading the positivity in those comments (insert eye roll).

Awww, did you go to the gym today? Did you do any type of exercise? [emoji4]

I did go today! Thanks for the reminder! Though hopefully my antidepressant's will kick in soon, usually I have a post-gym afterglow but with my sleeve stomach now my meds haven't been absorbing as well...But it did help a bit... [emoji4]

That’s awesome, I did also! Aw ok. Hope you feel better

5 minutes ago, goldenbarbie said:

Awww, did you go to the gym today? Did you do any type of exercise?

Enough with the high nosed smug remarks princess!

I only see one troll on this thread. Stop feeding it folks, it will go away...

It does come across as passive aggressive to me too so it’s not just her. But I will be the first to admit you can’t get tone of voice in a message.

Perhaps if you are truly trying to spread positivity I might suggest not asking about the gym per se? Some of us exercise without one. Some of us can’t exercise either yet or at all. Asking if someone has been productive too isn’t exactly positive always. Perhaps asking them what is going well for them or what they enjoyed or appreciated? When my kids were little we called these “woo-hoo’s” Oprah talks about her gratitude journal.

I think that’s a more positive approach perhaps [emoji6]

Awww, did you go to the gym today? Did you do any type of exercise? [emoji4]

Can I ask why exercise is such a key measure of accomplishment for you? Did you read a book today? Did you learn something new? Did you make someone smile? Did you do a good deed? Did you help someone? Many ways to be productive and brighten the world around us.

Yeah yeah [emoji849]

So you only reply to posts that call you names and not ones that ask you legit questions nicely?

On 2/20/2018 at 10:33 PM, jess9395 said:

Can I ask why exercise is such a key measure of accomplishment for you? Did you read a book today? Did you learn something new? Did you make someone smile? Did you do a good deed? Did you help someone? Many ways to be productive and brighten the world around us.

Got to love you.

Some of us have been exercising for years. Funny how some people think working out is a new concept.

Uuuugh " Have you gone to the gym?"Nothing worse than a reformed alcoholic or a reformed obese person. No need for preaching to a point of throwing it in your face.

Keep up your positivity!

1 hour ago, jess9395 said:

So you only reply to posts that call you names and not ones that ask you legit questions nicely?

I see your point but I would hardly refer to that as calling names. It was merely bringing an issue to someone’s attention before it escalated any further. A few persons were obviously unhappy with said responses. Let’s all be friends.

That’s all I got to say about that!