Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I’m a Jersey girl newbie

I’m doing well. Had an issue with my incisions not healing but now they are good. I’m down 22lbs just shy of a month out. I definitely need to start exercising so I just joined Planet Fitness so that I can get my cardio in. I love walking but it’s just too cold to go walking outdoors just yet. My next appointment with my Dr is March 12 and I want to at least lose 10lbs.

Glad your incisions healed up. Great job on your wt loss! I too wish it was a little warmer to do something active outside, soon enough. Good luck with your next goal! I wanted to be 50 lbs down by my Dr visit this Friday but I don't think I'll get there, nonetheless I'm still happy with my progress so far

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Glad your incisions healed up. Great job on your wt loss! I too wish it was a little warmer to do something active outside, soon enough. Good luck with your next goal! I wanted to be 50 lbs down by my Dr visit this Friday but I don't think I'll get there, nonetheless I'm still happy with my progress so far

I’m sure you will get there eventually. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. I know my weight didn’t come on overnight and it won’t go overnight. My highest weight recorded was 293 although I believe I was probably in the low 300’s prior to that weight. I am determined to make this work no matter what. This is a tool and we just need to find the right combination to make it work. I have no doubt we will succeed!

I’m sure you will get there eventually. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. I know my weight didn’t come on overnight and it won’t go overnight. My highest weight recorded was 293 although I believe I was probably in the low 300’s prior to that weight. I am determined to make this work no matter what. This is a tool and we just need to find the right combination to make it work. I have no doubt we will succeed!

Thank you! My highest was 291. I didn't have to do a pre-op diet just 1 day before, liquids. So now I'm around 248. My goal is 165. I'm 5'2 so I'll see where this journey takes me!

Thank you! My highest was 291. I didn't have to do a pre-op diet just 1 day before, liquids. So now I'm around 248. My goal is 165. I'm 5'2 so I'll see where this journey takes me!

I’m 5’4 so my goal is about 140-150. Basically I just want to be and look healthy. Enjoy the rest of your week and hope to chat with you again in the future! Good night!

Hey Annette! My name is Wayne and I’m just over the bridge in Philly ! Let me know if you would like to chat sometime !!

Hey Annette! My name is Wayne and I’m just over the bridge in Philly ! Let me know if you would like to chat sometime !!

Hi Wayne nice to meet you

[emoji847]

Hi Annette! I am in Manahawkin and 11 days post surgery.

I am doing okay so far. Lost 14.4 the first week. Trying to get moving more but I am assuming going back to work on Wednesday will fix that. I have a treadmill and have been looking at going back to the gym, but my stomach is still sore. I just can’t wait to eat something else! Thanks for starting this NJ string.

Glad to hear that. I don’t know if you are on FB but there are some really good support groups on there that can be supportive and encouraging. You just need to ignore some of the nonsense and don’t compare other peoples progress to yours. I did that with others who had their surgery the same day as me and I thought I was doing something wrong because my numbers were different. So just hang in there and run your own race! Feel free to msg me whenever you want! I’m not an expert or may not have all the answers but I’m willing to help if I can.

Thanks so much! Any suggestions for good FB groups? I am always looking for more information.