Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in 1 week...so NERVOUS!!

Thank you everyone!! I am leaving in a few hours to catch my flight to San Diego!! Good luck to all and I'll let you know how the surgery went when I return......

Thank you everyone!! I am leaving in a few hours to catch my flight to San Diego!! Good luck to all and I'll let you know how the surgery went when I return......

Take care Sconie. Can't wait until you get back!

I clicked on this link because MY surgery is in one week and I'm NOT nervous!!! I'm excited and READY!!!!! 11/8/07! My birthday is on the 7th and I don't even care about that because I'm so excited for surgery!!

The closer I've gotten to surgery, the more content I am with my decision and the more I'm sure I'm doing the right thing. I never have looked at myself and thought I was "that fat." That is, until, I saw pictures of myself and thought, "whoa." When I realized that I was "that fat" and that I was actually eligible for the surgery (eligible AND a great candidate, with a BMI of 40!), it opened up a world of possibilities. But still, I maintained doubt, never thinking it would actually happen for me until I got the insurance approval. NOW I'm ONE WEEK AWAY!

So, my boyfriend's little sister is getting married this Saturday, and although I have NOTHING to wear, I really wasn't all that worried about it because I know that if I bought something new, I would never be able to wear it again. Well, my boyfriend pointed out the fact that if I didn't look good, I wouldn't feel good so we should probably just go shopping. WELLLLLL....apparently, that was really just what the doctor ordered. I did spent $80 on a super-cute outfit at Lane Bryant that hopefully I will wear twice, but the good part was the reminder. As we were walking down the mall, and had already been to several stores, I got "the feeling." You know the one. The feeling that you don't WANT to be shopping at the "big girl" store/section, that the clothes are all frumpy and ugly (why the HELL do they always put those obnoxious FLOWERS on everything?!?!?!), and that you just really wish that you didn't have to go in those HOT dressing rooms with the bad lighting and the (surely distorted) mirrors and squeeze into things. And let's not even mention the times when we have to get a different size because SURELY the clothes are "cut small."

So, I had the feeling. My boyfriend said, "why are you so sad? Don't women LOVE shopping?" And I said, "You know what? This moment; This second RIGHT HERE is EXACTLY why I'm having surgery next week."

And all of the doubt just vanished. So, if you're having second thoughts for ANY reason, just think about that.

Well Im leaving to MX in 20 minutes. My surgery is tommorow morning. I thought I was nervous 2 weeks ago!!!! See with me I am more nervous about the surgery then the recovery, I dunno why. I have a HUGE fear of anesthesia.... I am very pessimistic at times and I always think.... is this the last time I will be awake? I will get through this though..... I will let everyone know how it went when I come back on Sunday. WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

I'm having mine on the 5th. Eeeeeek!! I'm really excited about it too. Like Laura, Linda, Bobbi I have the concerns about being a failure after being banded. I really have to work on that chewing, chewing, chewing thing. I'm the type to chew, chew swallow. I guess I will learn not to do that. I have to be on Clear Liquids for the first month. The doc said that I could have milk though. You know he even said that I could have the plain yogurts too. He said that it shouldn't cause any problems. My first fill will be in a month after. I'm so looking forward to all of what everyone else talks about. The "normal" size clothing is just going to be so wonderful. I see a shopping spree in my future!! Yay!! The going to a restaurant and not thinking that everyone is looking at you or if you can fit into one of the booths!! Gosh how I hated that. I would avoid going. Soooooo.... Monday for me her in upstate NY!! Dr. Taesun Moon. He has a great sense of humor. He even said something like. "So it won't bother you if I come in on one of my rounds after your surgery with a steak sandwich now would it"? What a hoot. It was funny. really. How long does everyone have to stay at the hospital? I have to stay from Monday through Wednesday.

Okay, we can do this!! I'm looking forward to hearing of all the progress!! Dianne

Dianne - My procedure is an OUTPATIENT surgery. Yikes! I'm going in at 10am and then probably going home at 7pm or so. I'm a little scared about that. I've already had my gall bladder out (laparoscopically) and that required a 3-day stay in the hospital. I'm pretty scared about being sent home the *same day* after my surgery. Is anyone else doing that?? They said they'd keep me overnight if I was in too much pain or if there was severe vomiting.

Hey Stranger138 I soooo can relate to what you said about the shopping experiences! And why the heck do they put all that flowery stuff on those frumpy old dresses? I'm 50 but not heading to the grave yet!! Give me color for pete's sake!! I absolutely can't wait to put on the "I never thought I could squeeze into" clothing!! I was just thinking this morning how I will probably wish I had done this when I was thirty. You go girl and enjoy the rest of your life!! Your boyfriend sounds like a great guy. Husband material? :-) Good luck to you kiddo. I'm just a few days away.... November 5th banster I shall be!!

Blessings, Dianne

Andie, I don't blame you for being concerned. I don't think I'd care for that. Maybe you should just tell them that you are having pain and stay until at least the next day to take the burden off of your shoulders? I would. Good luck to you Andie, where are you having the procedure? Dianne

Sorry Andie, I meant to mention this.... a friend of mine had the procedure and she said that the norm for the stay, according to her physician is just overnight too. So, don't worry too much about it. Just tell them you have pain and stay the night. :-) Sound like a plan? Dianne

hahahaha. Too funny Stranger. I say that often, "now, what's that supposed to mean". LOL Hey Andie, it's nothing to worry about then. Sounds like my doc is just precautious? Maybe because of my age??? "Now, what's that supposed to mean?" LOLOL We'll all do just fine. No worries. Think down the road......... thin little ol me kind thoughts!!

"Thin little ol me"

......Woweee.....that'll be the day!

Hey now, Stranger138! "Thin little ol' me" is definitely going to happen! Hell! Thin to me would be to fit into a size 14!!! I don't want to be a candidate for America's Next Top Model, for cryin' out loud! Hehehe... but I think "thin little ol' me" is just around the corner!!

Dianne, thanks for the encouragement. I may just "Ow! Oh my! Wow! That hurts!" a little more than usual if I feel uncomfortable about going home. My surgery is next Friday, 11/9/07. WOOHOO!!! I had a little 'scare' from my surgeon's office this morning, though. They called and said they were missing some of my paperwork - the chart notes from my physical. If I didn't have those, I would have to get in to see the doc and possibly reschedule. NOW you tell me you're missing them? Good lord!!! But I called my OB and she's going to send the notes she has. It practically takes an act of Congress to get in and see my docs because they're all so booked up. Everyone think good thoughts that the chart notes she sends them are sufficient.

Yep, a size 14 would be pretty much a "little ol me" too. I don't remember the last time I saw 14. I think I went from toddlers to 16 directly! 16 is even pretty down there for me. I just can't wait to shop for a medium or a large - in the regular size clothing mind you, not the Lane Bryant or Alfred Dunner type 16's. Hell, the 16 in Alfred Dunner are probably more like a 20 in regular woman's sizes. No wonder Alfred makes so much money. Larger woman picking out size 16?? Now that's what I'm talkin bout! Smart man that Alfred Dunner.

I like the banana too! Some day I'll figure out how to use all the fancier stuff in here... I hope anyway. :-) Dianne

I like the banana too! It really makes me smile and reminds me how happy I am. You can have one too if you want! When you go to edit your signature, you see the link for the smilies. There is a link next to that one that says more. Click that and there's a TOOOOOOOONNNNNN of choices--there are even about 50-100 dancing bananas!!!!!!

Have fun!