Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can’t drink protein shakes! Post op

16 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Try mixing it in a cup of decaff coffee. Hardly sweet at all: 6-8oz decaff + 2-3fl oz PP vanilla, chocolate, b/c, caramel. So so so good. :)

That’s honestly a really good idea. I’ll definitely give it a try :)

15 hours ago, dg371 said:

Premier chocolate and banana cream are the only ones that I can drink on a regular basis. Everything else is to sickly sweet and artificial tasting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

Looks like im gonna have to give those a try because I keep hearing how those taste good. The vanilla is definitely too sweet and tastes artificial

I drink the Premier Protein as well but it’s the vanilla flavor and it just doesn’t sit well with me. I think I need to explore my horizons and try other flavors. I’ve heard good things about the chocolate

Vanilla didn't sit well with me neither. At least try the chocolate, you have nothing to lose. Keep us posted and keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app

Vanilla didn't sit well with me neither. At least try the chocolate, you have nothing to lose. Keep us posted and keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you I definitely will. Going to Walmart tomorrow to buy different flavors.

I cold not stomach anything sweet, including the sweeteners used in flavored Protein Powder. And mixing plain Protein powder with Water or milk didn’t work. I’d get shaky and sweaty and nauseous. And I wasn’t getting enough protein. Finally I came upon my way to get good quality protein powder ( I use the grassfed organic powder from NorCal) into me. I mix it with the Greek yogurt! I add enough coconut water to be able to mix the powder into a cup of yogurt. Then I put it into little lunchbox tins to take with me in my lunchbox all day, with a cold pack. I often mix in 2 tbsp of Ground flax seed, the red bag with bits of dried fruits in it (just a teense of hint of flavor). This concoction is PERFECT because it fills me up with the needed protein without any food reward or food pleasure. You just take enough spoonfuls until you aren’t protein-hungry any more. Eating to live.

On 2/10/2018 at 12:40 AM, GotProlactinoma said:

I cold not stomach anything sweet, including the sweeteners used in flavored Protein Powder. And mixing plain Protein powder with Water or milk didn’t work. I’d get shaky and sweaty and nauseous. And I wasn’t getting enough Protein. Finally I came upon my way to get good quality protein powder ( I use the grassfed organic powder from NorCal) into me. I mix it with the Greek yogurt! I add enough coconut Water to be able to mix the powder into a cup of yogurt. Then I put it into little lunchbox tins to take with me in my lunchbox all day, with a cold pack. I often mix in 2 tbsp of Ground flax seed, the red bag with bits of dried fruits in it (just a teense of hint of flavor). This concoction is PERFECT because it fills me up with the needed protein without any food reward or food pleasure. You just take enough spoonfuls until you aren’t protein-hungry any more. Eating to live.

Oh wow that sounds horrible! I get tired of sweets so I definitely understand but I’m glad you found an alternative:) unfortunately I’m not allowed yogurt during this stage. That’ll be my next phase

On 2/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, KrystalRose said:

Hello everyone so as of today I am 10 days post op. I have been struggling really bad trying to get the Protein Shakes in me. They make me want to vomit! :( everyday I try and take a sip and I just can’t. I end up drinking broth. I have no issue getting my Water intake but I can’t get any Protein in me. I feel fine as of today but I know I need the Protein. Does anyone have any suggestions on other ways I can get protein in me? Thanks for any suggestions.

Try using the Proteins mixture that you would place in Water. Premier Protein makes water now. I had the same issue. I spent the first 2 weeks not getting enough protein. However, my surgeon advised me to go to Phase 2.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/premier-clear-rtd-12ct/prod21030708.ip?&source=ifpla&CAWELAID=730010300001268773&pid=_CSE_Google_PLA_1013571991&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=239353267573&wl4=pla-296145862202&wl5=9004367&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=1247713&wl11=online&wl12=3866&wl13=&wl15=55345805172&wl17=1o1&veh=sem&source=ifpla

I love the PP clears! I mix them with unflavored Gelatin and make Popsicles with them! YUM!

The major problem is if all these suggestions contain STEVIA or other artificial sweeteners???

I like preimer and the new nutri system drink, but they gag me know, 3 months in i just put couple pcs banana, strawberry, plain yougurt with kale, Protein power, ice and protein soy milk and blend.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk