Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yumbox Leakproof Bento Lunch Box Portion Control Container now available @ BariatricPal Store

The #1 complaint we receive from Bariatric patients about Portion Control products is that they leak! I came across the 6-compartment Yumbox Leakproof Bento lunch Box Portion Control Container recently and realized that it's perfect for bariatric patients or anyone that's trying to portion control their meals.

It offers variety and promotes healthy eating habits. Pack small portions of your favorite foods. Its compact size and illustrated tray make every lunch an adventure in good nutrition.

Yumbox Original Lunchbox

Balance & Portion Control

Yumbox’s pre-portioned illustrated trays guide you to packing healthy and hassle-free lunches! Now with two smart options: 6-compartment YumBox encourages variety and healthy eating habits; and 4-compartment Yumbox Panino offers more volume for sandwich/salads, sides, and your favorite dip or treat.

Leakproof Single Lid

Pack sauce next to Protein chips with no worries! Yumbox's unique single lid seals all food wells individually. Food won’t touch or leak outside of the box. No baggies! No lost lids! No mess!

Think green

Reuse, Reduce and Save! Yumbox saves you money by eliminating the need for baggies, multiple containers, plastic wrap and snack packs. Pack a waste-free lunch. All food safe materials, BPA-free and phthalates-free.

Bariatric Friendly

Yumbox is lightweight and compact with an easy-open latch. It fits neatly into a standard size thermal lunch totes. Yumbox is ideal for bariatric patients or anyone that's trying to portion control their meals. Pack Yumbox for play and work.

Is Yumbox leakproof?

Yes. Yumbox is a leakproof container. Yumbox’s silicone lid engages with the tray to create a tight seal keeping food contents in place, including wet foods like yogurt and applesauce (not water). Foods will not leak between compartments or outside of the box.

How do I pack wet foods?

Yumbox is designed to hold wet foods but not liquids. To ensure that food stays in place and does not leak to other compartments, follow these 4 Easy Steps:

1. Do not overfill compartments (an overfilled compartment could cause another to leak as well);

2. Remove any excess liquid from canned fruit, applesauce and yogurts;

3. Keep contents cool by adding an ice pack to your lunch tote;

4. When closing Yumbox, press down on the lid with the palm of your hand and snap latch to closed position to create the best seal.

Do not pack yogurt drinks, Soups or runny/watery dressings.

Do pack foods with the consistency of ranch dressing, ketchup, chunky salsas, hummus, yogurt, and veggie dips. These are all great options. Some oily vinaigrettes may leak out of the dip well. One trick that can help keep vinaigrettes in place is to dress the salad and top it with a few croutons. The croutons will absorb excess oil/liquid and keep the vinaigrette from seeping into a neighboring compartment. If you are not sure if your food choice is too liquidy to pack, we suggest that you conduct a quick test before sending your child to school with that food. Simply add the test food to a compartment, close Yumbox properly and give it a good shake (or leave it on its side for 10 min.). Set Yumbox back to normal position and open to see the results.

Is Yumbox dishwasher safe?

Yes, Yumbox is dishwasher safe. Top rack only. We highly recommend hand washing the outer shell and/or removing it before the heat dry cycle. Yumbox has been tested at temperature 65C/149F, 110 min. cycle. Yumbox is made with ABS (exterior box), Tritan (tray), and silicone (seal). Yumbox is designed with rounded edges and smooth surfaces to make hand washing easy.

Special Care instructions for the silicone seal: Please be sure to empty contents each day, hand wash with warm soapy Water and thoroughly dry your Yumbox before storing. Also, if you live in a damp or humid environment, leave Yumbox ajar, not sealed when storing. If you pack oily foods regularly, coat with a baking sodapaste once a week overnight to avoid build-up.

How do I carry Yumbox?

Yumbox is compact and fits neatly in standard size lunch totes.

Is Yumbox food safe?

Yes. All materials are food-safe, BPA-Free, Phthalates-free and are CPSIA and FDA compliant.

Is Yumbox microwavable?

Yumbox's exterior shell is not microwave safe. We do not recommend microwaving the inner tray. Yumbox is designed for serving cold or room temperature foods. If foods that require reheating are being packed, we recommend using removable silicone cups.

Is Yumbox thermal?

No. Yumbox is not made with thermal materials. If adding food like yogurt, which should be kept cold, we recommend packing Yumbox in an insulated bag with an ice pack to keep contents cool.

Does Yumbox come with utensils or drink cup?

Yumbox is not sold with accessories at this time. However, we will be offering accompanying products in the future.

How big is Yumbox?

Yumbox is compact and can be carried in standard size totes. It also fits neatly on the lunch table.

Yumbox Original dimensions in a closed position are approximately 8.5 (l) x 6.5 (w) x 1.8 (h) inches and weighs 1 lbs 1.5 oz.

Is Yumbox’s tray removable?

Yes. Yumbox’s tray fits snuggly in the bottom half of the exterior box. It can be removed easily for cleaning, packing or for at home use. The first time you open Yumbox, you may find that the tray is slightly difficult to remove. After initial removal, it will return to its comfortably snug fit.

Can I pack a Yumbox lunch the night before and store it in the fridge?

Yes. Yumbox acts as an excellent storage container. The seal keeps foods fresh for days in the fridge.

Yumbox Original