Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chewable Vitamins making me nauseous!

BariatricPal sells Multi-Vitamin Patches, some include Calcium and have the Iron needed as well. I've used them since a couple of months before surgery. Maybe they'll be a good for you too.

Have either of you tried sucking on them (like a hard candy) rather than chewing? It may be helpful.

I'm almost a year and a half post op and still get sick with chewable and swallow Vitamins. My suggestion is to find a multi liquid vitamin...they taste awful but never seem to make me sick to my stomach. I also take gummies. I know some docs don't like them but my levels have all been great when blood tests are run. Good luck! Hope you find the one that works best for you!

I have been unable to have chewable vitamins due to getting sick from them! Chalky! I don't know how far out you are, but in my case, the doctor said it was ok to take regular Vitamins as long as I cut them in half and suplemment them with B-Complex.

I found one Calcium chewable that's taffy and tastes good. It's from Bariatric Fusion berry flavor chewables.

So I have mainly been taking pills instead of chewables. I'm 4 months post op.

Multi Vitamins have zinc, which will make you super nauseous if taken on an empty stomach. Try taking them right after a meal and see if that helps

I have been unable to have chewable vitamins due to getting sick from them! Chalky! I don't know how far out you are, but in my case, the doctor said it was ok to take regular Vitamins as long as I cut them in half and suplemment them with B-Complex.
I found one Calcium chewable that's taffy and tastes good. It's from Bariatric fusion berry flavor chewables.< br> So I have mainly been taking pills instead of chewables. I'm 4 months post op.

I’ve had issues with any kind of vitamins. Yesterday I found vitamin patches & Calcium/D Patches through this sites store. I am waiting for them to arrive. These should help me get my vitamins and Calcium in.

25 minutes ago, jgilson59 said:

I just ordered the Multivitamin patch & the Calcium/D patch. Glad to know that someone else is using them. I’ve had a hard time with with others.

I hope you like them. I'd have a tough time with chewables or capsules/pills.

2 hours ago, Kate D said:

I am 7 weeks post op vsg and I had the same problem with the chewables. My Dr. switched me to regular Bariatric non chewable ones but I have to take an additional calcium citrate with it. It is definitely better than the chewables!

That's what I have been doing. I'm taking Bariatric Multivitamins but not the chewable. I have added B-Complex since my doctor said it would help my multivitamin. Did he tell you to the the extra calcium citrate because your Vitamins are not chewable?

If multivitamin has Iron, it interferes with Calcium absorption - so the need to take calcium separate from the multi. As soon as you can swallow pills my NUT says Centrum Silver Womens 50+ taken 2x/day is good (cheaper too) and with a B1 and calcium citrate. Celebrate chewable vitamins made me horribly nauseated - I had to chew them with a spoonful of Peanut Butter and even then it was a chore.

That's what I have been doing. I'm taking Bariatric Multivitamins but not the chewable. I have added B-Complex since my doctor said it would help my multivitamin. Did he tell you to the the extra calcium citrate because your Vitamins are not chewable?

Yes, he said if I want to use the non chewable ones I have to take a separate Calcium citrate.

So how much Calcium do you take per day?