Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chewable Vitamins making me nauseous!

I was taking the Celebrate chewable multivitamins and told my nutritionist that they made me sooo sick. She said it was due to the small traces of zinc and Iron and said I could now take the capsules. I switched but it’s a little harder since I have to take 1 pill 3x a day, on top of my Calcium chewable 3x a day. I basically just have an alarm going off every 2 hours on my phone so I can be sure to take my Vitamins.

BariatricPal sells Multi-Vitamin Patches, some include Calcium and have the Iron needed as well. I've used them since a couple of months before surgery. Maybe they'll be a good for you too.
hey girl the result on the lab be ok everything used this Vitamin?

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

I hated the chewables as well, and sucking on them ended up helping me get through them for the 2-3 weeks I had to take them. As soon as I was cleared for capsules I switched over and have not looked back. Going with capsules, I have to supplement with calcium chews, but those actually taste good. I take 3 capsules a day, and 4 chewables a day. Interesting to read about the liquid form, I will have to look into those!

My cousin who is 6 years out said that most Vitamins would give me nausea, so to make sure that I eat something before taking it. I still have chewable Celebrate Bariatric vitamins, and I eat something before taking one, still my stomach does not feel great but it has helps a little. I can tell you from experience to not stop trying to find what works for you as far as vitamins. I went through a rough time with becoming dehydrated because I became super sensitive to tastes and smells. After a hospital visit and two nausea meds, I found that I NEEDED the multivitamin because though I was drinking Water, my body was not absorbing electrolytes, mainly mag. Once I started working on taking the vitamins, the massive headache I had since week two post surgery, went away! And drinking water became somewhat easier.