Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's for lunch today?

Wow the Chili looks good! I'm jealous of the scoops - still on no/low carb! I had 3 oz of ground turkey with some taco seasoning and .5 oz of sour cream to give it some moisture to make it easy enough to eat. Struggled to finish it still!

Hoping to try Chili at some point shortly, its very satisfying!

For the food log I keep one. I just moved it to the computer so it will automatically calculate Protein, Fluid and calories and I can keep running averages for weeks or months. No pictures, but that's a good idea. My NUT doesn't even really look at the food logs unless you're having an issue, so its more of an exercise for myself.

Edited by Losebig

Just now, Losebig said:

Wow the Chili looks good! I'm jealous of the scoops - still on no/low carb! I had 3 oz of ground turkey with some taco seasoning and .5 oz of sour cream to give it some moisture to make it easy enough to eat. Struggled to finish it still!

Hoping to try Chili at some point shortly, its very satisfying!

You should try making cheese crisps. I use either a non-stick pan and melt grated cheddar (sprinkle it lightly into the ungreased pan) and cook it until crunchy, or you can also use parchment paper in the micro. They make great taco meat delivery systems "without" all the carbs. :D

Boring lunch for the day: 3 oz leftover chicken thigh meat and steamed slices of red peppers. It was good, but tonight's dinner of boneless thick-cut pork chops and sauteed spinach and onions will not be as boring.

Snacks dispersed throughout the day: 2 oz chicken thigh, raw red peppers, 1/2 an orange and already ate my low-carb Atkin's salted caramel nut bar between Breakfast time and lunchtime.

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

You should try making cheese crisps. I use either a non-stick pan and melt grated cheddar (sprinkle it lightly into the ungreased pan) and cook it until crunchy, or you can also use parchment paper in the micro. They make great taco meat delivery systems "without" all the carbs. :D

I have been wanting to make these, just haven't done it yet. I bet they would be good with my homemade yogurt-ranch spinach dip, hummus, and a lot of other things.

I love buying the bags of the pre-made Parmesan chips at Sam's for dipping things like hummus. So dang good in salads too. They're pricey, but each bag has 15 servings.

35 minutes ago, LittleLizzieLilliput said:

I wish I had the time to do homemade lunches/meals everyday, take the time to take a picture, sit and enjoy. instead I eat at my desk, I get grilled or roasted chicken and the last time I took a picture of my food was for my mom's 75th. lol! I need a new life where I can sit and enjoy a meal.

I don't have much of a choice while I'm in the soft foods phase, unless I want to eat hamburgers/turkey burgers with no bun all the time. One batch of turkey chili is enough lunch and dinner for me for an entire work week.

Bag salad, hard boiled egg, Deli sliced smoked turkey and thick cut bacon

334 calories - 33 Protein - 8 carb - 19 fat

20180117_131537.jpg

I had a Starkist tuna Creations packet, ranch-flavored, sprinkled with seasoning salt and spread onto baked gouda (100% cheese) "crackers." The baked cheese things made it way better.

This made for a 150 calorie, 20 grams of Protein, 2 grams of carbs lunch. I usually go lighter for lunch so that I can have something better for dinner or a more interesting snack later.

Edited by etc. etc. etc.

@etc. etc. etc. Where do you buy the baked gouda crackers, please?

Thanks! Your lunch sounds yummy!

25 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I love buying the bags of the pre-made Parmesan chips at Sam's for dipping things like hummus. So dang good in salads too. They're pricey, but each bag has 15 servings.

I have looked up and down every stinkin' aisle at my Sam's for the parm crisps. No luck finding them, guess I just need to make my own!

I looked for the baked cheese crisps (parmesan or gouda) tons of places before finding them in the fancy cheese section at Whole Foods.

On the one hand, they're $6.99, which is expensive. On the other, I can only eat about 8 of them with a meal, so I get like five servings out of that $6.99, so it's okay.

Edited by etc. etc. etc.

2 hours ago, OneDollarBill said:

I have some sous vide egg "muffins" that were made in my instant pot. Egg whites, diced ham, and smoked Gouda.

How are these? I had the starbucks egg white ones before surgery and I was so surprised how good they were!

5 minutes ago, NewBeginnings2018 said:

How are these? I had the starbucks egg white ones before surgery and I was so surprised how good they were!

I like them a lot. I replicated the Starbucks egg white ones with the peppers. The texture is not as firm but close. At least with making my own I can mix up ingredients to suit my cravings.

@Creekimp13 I vote for posting a "what's for lunch" thread everyday, because I really am enjoying the sharing and ideas that this thread has brought forth. :)

Edited by mylighthouse