Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 2 nutritionist visits away from "graduation," and I have passed all of the other prerequisites for surgery. I have no date, yet, but I would expect it to be sometime around late March-early April (with the greenlight from insurance). My nutritionist warned me about messing around unprotected with my fiancé: about how you can't have kids for at least 2 years post-operation, and to make sure to use birth control to prevent it. Well, I think I really screwed myself over (pun intended). My period has never been "set your calendar by it," and I have had months with none and then months with 2 back to back. I was on the pill for 4 years, and I got taken off in October because I couldn't make an appointment to see my GYN for a new prescription. And I messed around with hubby the beginning of the month... But I was getting all of the cramps, bloating and sensitivity that I usually get before my period arrives. That was 10 days ago, and I'm still not bleeding! What do I do if I AM pregnant??? I desperately need this surgery; my body can't take this weight, anymore. I respect others' rights to choose, but my fiancé and I were both brought up believing that life begins at the moment of conception, and abortion is wrong ( with the exception of ectopic pregnancy, where neither the baby OR the mother would live). And neither of us is in a financial state where we can support and provide for a baby...I live with my mom, unemployed, and he lives with his awful aunt, and is still in limbo at his construction job. I just keep praying to bleed everything away, because I can't put off this surgery. Does anybody have any advice, and not any shaming (because I am doing enough of that for myself)? 😭🙏🤦

Edited by MaybeMissedChance

Girl! If your pregnant congratulations! If you are mentally ready for surgery just keep a good healthy diet with everything in moderation. You can still safely diet and exercise while pregnant, it may be more challenging but it is very possible and healthy for you and the baby. I have 4 little ones and with my first pregnancy I had only gained 11lbs. My son was 6.5 lbs. I actually lost weight the first 5 months of pregnancy. Just take a test and see if you worrying for the right reason. What's meant to be will be! Good luck.

They sell pregnancy tests at the dollar store. Best to find out and make your decision from there. Best wishes.

In the Japanese culture when a woman gets an abortion, other women send her flowers and are kind to her. She is thought to have made a responsible kind choice that will spare the baby hardship. There are public memorials for aborted children and even ceremonies where the woman says something along the lines of "Dear little spirit, please go in peace and find a home that is ready for you, and if you can, wait for me and come back when I am ready for you"

I have tremendous respect for the kindness and compassion shown women facing this difficult painful choice in the Japanese culture.

it's fascinating to me how different cultures cope with different moral dilemmas.

Edited by Creekimp13

1 hour ago, MaybeMissedChance said:

I'm 2 nutritionist visits away from "graduation," and I have passed all of the other prerequisites for surgery. I have no date, yet, but I would expect it to be sometime around late March-early April (with the greenlight from insurance). My nutritionist warned me about messing around unprotected with my fiancé: about how you can't have kids for at least 2 years post-operation, and to make sure to use birth control to prevent it. Well, I think I really screwed myself over (pun intended). My period has never been "set your calendar by it," and I have had months with none and then months with 2 back to back. I was on the pill for 4 years, and I got taken off in October because I couldn't make an appointment to see my GYN for a new prescription. And I messed around with hubby the beginning of the month... But I was getting all of the cramps, bloating and sensitivity that I usually get before my period arrives. That was 10 days ago, and I'm still not bleeding! What do I do if I AM pregnant??? I desperately need this surgery; my body can't take this weight, anymore. I respect others' rights to choose, but my fiancé and I were both brought up believing that life begins at the moment of conception, and abortion is wrong ( with the exception of ectopic pregnancy, where neither the baby OR the mother would live). And neither of us is in a financial state where we can support and provide for a baby...I live with my mom, unemployed, and he lives with his awful aunt, and is still in limbo at his construction job. I just keep praying to bleed everything away, because I can't put off this surgery. Does anybody have any advice, and not any shaming (because I am doing enough of that for myself)? 😭🙏🤦

You are going to stress yourself out worrying about a "what if "situation. No point in beating yourself up. take a deep breath. Pregnancy test first. If you are pregnant then congratulations!

Priority is a healthy baby (if your pregnant) Surgery can happen later down the road.

I really hope that I'm not going to have to put this surgery on hold... my spine can't take much more of this pain.

I did a tentative homeopathic pregnancy test, this morning. My period still isn't here, and I wanted to check if there would be some kind of way to test myself at home WITHOUT my mother finding out. I did the baking soda test...and it frothed! When I tried the sugar test a few days, ago, there was no clumping: the sugar dissolved, which was a negative result. But the baking soda showed me a positive one!

I called my GYN Office, yesterday, to set up an appointment for ASAP. I got their answering machine, so I left a message and gave them my new cell number to call back; I told them about impending surgery in a few months, (and that I would need the birth control pill again) so if I could get an appointment set up really soon I would be very grateful! I didn't tell them that I thought i might be pregnant, because my brothers were in the room with me...but if I don't hear back from them in the next few days, I might have to call them back and tell them that. I will try the baking soda test, again, on Saturday...wish me luck, because I'm going to need it...😥🤦

IMG_20180117_134635276.jpg

Can you just take a test away from home? I'm not sure I would trust either of those tests (clearly they don't even agree with each other). Or call the ob/gyn away from prying ears?

If it makes you feel any better, I was curious so just for grins I tried the baking soda test myself. I'm post menopausal and have my tubes tied.

Guess what? Mine fizzed too.

All it does is show the alkalinity of urine and there are many reasons for that, not just pregnancy. Diet is a big one.

I see my PCP on the 22nd, this month, and I'm still waiting to hear back from my ob/gyn to set up an appointment for the check up/pills. I'm unemployed, so I don't have the funds (not even the dollar store's $1.06) to pay for a pregnancy test, myself. I also can't drive, so I can't get to the store to buy an over the counter one without alerting my mother... and she'll kill me if she finds out a: I had sex with my boyfriend in her house, BEFORE marriage, and b: I might be pregnant and having a baby out of wedlock. She's old-fashioned Christian, and that's adultery going on in her home. There is a VERY large possibility that she'd kick me out. That's why I stealth tested myself in the bathroom, homeopathic style; and I am under 2 weeks late, so i didn't think the average store tests (the least expensive ones) would show accurate results so soon after implantation.

Is there a planned parenthood you can go to by public transportation? I’m sure they would do a pregnancy test for free because of your age and financial situation. Good luck to you. Everything will work out for the best even if at this moment in time it feels like life sucks.

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

Can your boyfriend/hubby/fiancée (you've used all three terms) take you and pay for the dollar store? They test just a day late.

And yes on the planned parenthood suggestion as well.

Unfortunately, he's got no drivers license/car either...we're both reliant upon public transportation to get around. And, right now, he's out of work because no one wants to do construction work in the winter; and, he was doing under the table work for a friend, because the friend was afraid that if he put him on payroll (but he didn't have enough work hours to give Jose), that state would take his medical and SNAP benefits away. Jose's living with his aunt, but on a very shaky temporary basis; if she gave him the boot, he'd be homeless, again. Mike didn't want to make it black and white on paper until Jose maybe had the chance to save enough to rent a room, somewhere.

I started bleeding, overnight. I'm still going to get tested at my doctor's, though, because some women I know have bled like they were having a regular period but were still actually pregnant. Not taking any chances with this!🚫🎲

On 01/18/2018 at 16:54, MaybeMissedChance said:

Unfortunately, he's got no drivers license/car either...we're both reliant upon public transportation to get around. And, right now, he's out of work because no one wants to do construction work in the winter; and, he was doing under the table work for a friend, because the friend was afraid that if he put him on payroll (but he didn't have enough work hours to give Jose), that state would take his medical and SNAP benefits away. Jose's living with his aunt, but on a very shaky temporary basis; if she gave him the boot, he'd be homeless, again. Mike didn't want to make it black and white on paper until Jose maybe had the chance to save enough to rent a room, somewhere.

I started bleeding, overnight. I'm still going to get tested at my doctor's, though, because some women I know have bled like they were having a regular period but were still actually pregnant. Not taking any chances with this!🚫🎲

What happened?