Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hope for the Stall

I hit the three weeks stall...and had been stuck for almost two weeks. Was making me crazy. Totally empathize with those hitting one. Man, it's frustrating!

Got my period yesterday and lost two pounds...and woke up this morning another two and a half pounds down!

Not an ounce for two weeks....then, BOOM!...four and a half pounds. The legends are true!

Be consistent, be patient. Your hard work IS counting...I promise. scale just needs a minute to catch up:)

Yay for you!!!!

(I have been stalled for 4 weeks....hopefully soon it will drop)

I feel your pain, Sosewsue...nothing worse than working your arse off and seeing that same number (or worse, having it pop up half a pound...ugh)

Crossing fingers you see some good results soon.

Stalls come and go.. just stick to plan.. stay focus.. forgert scale.. and move on 😜

1 hour ago, Back2fit said:

Stalls come and go.. just stick to plan.. stay focus.. forgert scale.. and move on 😜

Agree totally. It will eventually drop off...

2 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I hit the three weeks stall...and had been stuck for almost two weeks. Was making me crazy. Totally empathize with those hitting one. Man, it's frustrating!

Got my period yesterday and lost two pounds...and woke up this morning another two and a half pounds down!

Not an ounce for two weeks....then, BOOM!...four and a half pounds. The legends are true!

Be consistent, be patient. Your hard work IS counting...I promise. scale just needs a minute to catch up:)

Good for you sticking to the plan. Four and a half pounds.. I bet you beamed when you saw that. 😀

I just felt...relieved. I've been working really hard. It feels good to have the number match your effort.

This will seem contraindicated to a lot of folks here, but one change I made was to reduce animal Protein and get my protein from more plant based sources. More Beans and brown rice. More tofu, chia seed pudding, etc. I'm also tolerating eating more vegetables...which I am loving.

That said...it might just be just hormones and Water retention...or the luck of the draw. LOL.

Stalls stink. To anyone stuck in one...you have my support.

Awesome.. what are your stats so far?

Started at 270 in June.

Lost 30 pounds in 6 months of pre-surg diet visits using the mayo Clinic Diet mostly. (240)

Lost 10 pounds in 2 week pre-surg liquid diet. (230)

Lost 14 pounds first month after surgery. (216 today)

So, I lost 23% of my excess body weight the first month (60 pounds excess weight on day of surgery)....which beats the heck out of the 18% that is the average first month weight loss. Feeling positive!

PS...I walk 7 miles a day with my Fitbit pretty religiously. Which helps me feel better about screwing up and eating the occasional cookie or taking a bite of my hubby's dessert. (not a super common thing...but it happens:) )

Edited by Creekimp13

2 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

Started at 270 in June.

Lost 30 pounds in 6 months of pre-surg diet visits using the mayo Clinic Diet mostly. (240)

Lost 10 pounds in 2 week pre-surg liquid diet. (230)

Lost 14 pounds first month after surgery. (216 today)

So, I lost 23% of my excess body weight the first month (60 pounds excess weight on day of surgery)....which beats the heck out of the 18% that is the average first month weight loss. Feeling positive!

PS...I walk 7 miles a day with my Fitbit pretty religiously. Which helps me feel better about screwing up and eating the occasional cookie or taking a bite of my hubby's dessert. (not a super common thing...but it happens:) )

Awesome ... you are doing great 😀

I needed to see this. Panic sets in. I’m just past my one month. Have had amazing results, but then boom. Not a thing. Of course my mind went to “maybe this IS my set point” even though I know it’s not.

It’s hard when it doesn’t move like at all. 228.0 all day for 3 days. Not even a .4 or something!