Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Sleevers?

On 1/9/2018 at 12:24 PM, SkyJade said:

I just got my surgery date. February 12th. It hadn’t felt real till now that it’s actually happening. I know it might sound weird but now the nerves are kicking in.

Yay me too!!! I was on 12th

On 1/20/2018 at 6:43 AM, WaywardMama said:

Mine malfunctioned too. I had it yearsss too. I had mine removed last January and sleeve soon. Kinda wish mine was all at once like yours but mine was so emergent to be taken out.

Me too had my band about 10 years and was sleeved on the 13th just realized I put 12th before I still have brain fog.

1 hour ago, justagirl77 said:

Congrats! I did pretty good on the second day I went home. But when I got home have had my on and off days sometimes, a suggestion to you after surgery when u get home and. Are trying to drink and get your Protein in get the clear juice-like Protein Drinks. They will count as liquids and your Proteins. Oh and one more thing is I was feeling hungry when I see food or smell food but couldn’t get it down if I wanted too,that will pass too!

They have me on Isopure each bottle 40 grams Protein. But it it till day three to get beyond just Water

59 minutes ago, janielemichelle said:

Does anyone else’s feeling of needing to pee gone away after surgery I’m 5 days out and I have to remind my self to pee cause my body doesn’t feel the need to

The narcotic pain meds can do that they caused that and a lot of other problems for me including horrible itching on only Tylenol periodically now but last rd I can’t sleep and horrible pain low pelvic area to side

1 hour ago, Stylish_tylish said:

So my surgery was scheduled for 2/16. Went in to get the Gastric sleeve surgery & they didn’t do it because I had a huge Hiatal hernia. They repaired that and didn’t do the surgery. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Wow. My surgeon repaired my hiatal hernia during the surgery. When are they saying they will complete the sleeve?

Wow. My surgeon repaired my hiatal hernia during the surgery. When are they saying they will complete the sleeve?

No they didn’t tell me anything. I have s follow up visit next week. I will find out then.

Seems like so much longer than a week and 3 days. I'm on full liquids until the 21st and I am tasting those mashed potatoes and baked fish that I'll be able to have in my dreams! At first I was experiencing quite a bit of hunger (or so I thought) but after remembering to take my antacid every day, most of that went away. Now I'm just focusing on getting my Protein in. Looking for a small unflavored Protein Powder to experiment with. I know I'll be able to get a lot more in if I can mix it in the Soups that I eat.

1 minute ago, Stylish_tylish said:

No they didn’t tell me anything. I have s follow up visit next week. I will find out then.

Hopefully they won't make you wait too long. Are you still on a liquid diet in the mean time?

[emoji4] yep hoping to meet people with around same surgery date to journey with. I was sleeved on the 12th this is day four for me .

I was sleeved on the 12th [emoji16]

I was sleeved on the 12th [emoji16]

Yay I messed up I am 13 th lol brain cloud but it will be great to have people so close in date to share with.

I was sleeved d on the 12th also!

Yep I am a dork I am 13th it will by fantastic to share stories

Seems like so much longer than a week and 3 days. I'm on full liquids until the 21st and I am tasting those mashed potatoes and baked fish that I'll be able to have in my dreams! At first I was experiencing quite a bit of hunger (or so I thought) but after remembering to take my antacid every day, most of that went away. Now I'm just focusing on getting my Protein in. Looking for a small unflavored protein powder to experiment with. I know I'll be able to get a lot more in if I can mix it in the Soups that I eat.

Let me know if you find one I would love to have an unflavored protein.