Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Whey Liquid Protein! It's a miracle!!

Hi sleeve fam!

I just wanted you to know, (if you don't already) there's a Protein shot sold at Vitamin Shoppe, 3.8 ounces, 42 grams of protein, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 2g carb. If you have trouble meeting your protein goals try this as a snack. It helps me when im feeling lethargic, from lack of protein. Im 7 weeks post op and have lost 41 lbs since surgery, 50 total. GOOO me! I know my stalls are coming, (I hope not) but Im sure they are, so when the doc says more protein, this will be my secret weapon.

its called New Whey Liquid Protein. it come sin 3 flavors, ( at Vitamin shoppe) there may be more. Acai berry, watermelon, and fruitpunch. Doesn't taste too bad. Kind of taste like a now and later shot.

We stopped carrying New Whey in the BariatricPal Store a while ago because it was the most returned product we've ever carried. The company was taken over about 6 months ago and they promised to reformulate. I hope this is the new product.

I bought New whey in grape from GNC and I love it! I'm 6 months out so I can handle solid Protein just fine but I'll drink a half bottle to reach 80g protein. I was using unflavored GENEPRO and eventually got to where the smell and taste was making me nauseated. What flavors have you tried and which one is your favorite?

I read great reviews about it on Amazon and came here to see what ppl were saying before I ordered. I can’t stand the taste of real milk shakes/Ice cream shakes so having to drink these ice cream flavored protien shakes has been the worst! So I’m looking for something compact I can take like a spoon full of medicine. At 3oz for 42g of protien this seemed like the best option.

I have to say these taste awful so very sweet with that whey after taste. They are however super compact and I can get them down in about 3 swallows. I use them when I am struggling to get in my protien as they assure I hit my goal in an efficient manor.

HW 276
SW 257
GW 165

These get a lot of their Protein from collagen (their blend is “proprietary” so impossible to know how much).

Do some research on how bioavailble collagen is. Spoiler alert, not very.

Probably best not to rely heavily on these. They’re better for Once in a while in a pinch. Or at the very least don’t count on getting the whole 42g of protein from them. The body can only absorb about 30 in an hour anyhow and probably at least 2/3 of this is collagen.

Things to keep in mind.

22 hours ago, jess9395 said:

The body can only absorb about 30 in an hour

I always cringe when I see this factoid put out there. Protein absorption and synthesis happen at different rates for everyone. A 120 lb individual will have protein different absorption rate than a 230 lb individual. The 30 gram number is just an average rate of absorption from whatever sample was used. All of that being said, any protein above the one hour absorption threshold doesn't get discarded or turned into fat. It is still being digested for use. The body will process all the protein ingested. Any protein in excess of the necessary amount for synthesis could be excreted through urination or converted into fat.

I always cringe when I see this factoid put out there. Protein absorption and synthesis happen at different rates for everyone. A 120 lb individual will have Protein different absorption rate than a 230 lb individual. The 30 gram number is just an average rate of absorption from whatever sample was used. All of that being said, any protein above the one hour absorption threshold doesn't get discarded or turned into fat. It is still being digested for use. The body will process all the protein ingested. Any protein in excess of the necessary amount for synthesis could be excreted through urination or converted into fat.

You’re absolutely right! I was being way over simplistic.

What I should have said it most people won’t get the same benefit of a rapid ingestion of 42g of protein as they would investigate the same amount over a longer period and that anything in excess of what the body can use would just be extra calories.

So I still stand by my statement that these shots are best for occasional use and shouldn’t be relied on regularly to meet protein goals. For example one “pounded” in the morning and one at night won’t give the body the building blocks it needs on a regular basis.

The BariatricPal Store is now the exclusive distributor of the newly released NeoPro 35g Clinical Strength Liquid Protein by New Whey in fruit Punch flavor!

NeoPro 35g liquid Clinical Strength Protein by New Whey (Fruit Punch) is the most convenient, best-tasting way to give your body the protein it needs. With 35g of complete protein and vital nutrients in just 3.8oz, Clinical Strength NeoPro Liquid Protein is a perfect component of a medical nutrition plan and supports your body's muscle maintenance.

Product Highlights:

• Clinical Strength Liquid Protein is the most convenient, best-tasting way to give your body the protein it needs.
  • Delicious Fruit Punch Flavor
  • A perfect component of a medical nutrition plan providing 35g of Clinical Protein Matrix and key support nutrients (Calcium, Iron, Folic Acid & B12)
  • Fast acting, bioavailable protein tubes are free of Caffeine, Sugar, Gluten, Fat & Lactose with only 140 calories
  • No Mixing - No Mess - No Refrigeration needed - Perfect on the go protein
  • Virtually indestructible, pocket-friendly packing is resealable and can be taken anywhere

The NeoPro Clinical Protein Matrix is specifically formulated for the delivery of protein, amino acids and essential nutrients that may be deficient in a weight loss or medical nutrition plan. This proprietary, medical strength matrix of collagen, Whey and Casein isolates is optimized for rapid absorption and high bioavailability of all essential amino acids, while also providing essential nutrients commonly found deficient in followers of calorie restricted and/or medical weight loss programs. NeoPro Clinical Strength Liquid Protein is sugar-free, gluten-free, fat-free and provides 35 grams of our Clinical Protein Matrix with just 140 calories per ampoule.

NEOPRO CLINICAL STRENGTH LIQUID PROTEIN TASTES GREAT AND IS READY TO DRINK AS IS OR CAN ALSO BE MIXED WITH smoothies, JUICES, AND Water.

NeoPro Clinical Strength Liquid Protein is the most convenient, best-tasting way to give your body the protein it needs. This is a perfect component of a medical nutrition plan providing 35g of Clinical Protein Matrix and key support nutrients (Calcium, Iron, Folic Acid & B12)

Directions:

Consult your physician before taking this or any dietary supplement. Drink up to three vials daily with meals, as a snack, or mixed with your favorite beverage.

lol, Clinical Strength protein... medical strength protein... those are MARKETING labels, not medical labels. There is no prescription, clinical, or medical grade Protein. That would be like a prescription beef. And even if there were such a thing as medical grade protein, you can bet your bippy that it wouldn't contain collagen as the first ingredient of it's "protein matrix".

For those not aware, collagen is like chewing your fingernails. Or eating Jello. Or Pork rinds. It is not a significant source of protein. And having whey sandwiched between that and casein does not make for a compelling product. For $30 bucks, buy a tub of 100% whey concentrate or isolate. Or go for Soy if you're vegan. But avoid collagen because it does nothing for the rebuilding of muscle tissue. It MIGHT help skin elasticity or Hair loss. (I am not saying that after you stretch the hell out of your skin this will help with stretch marks. That ship has sailed.)

On 3/17/2018 at 1:40 PM, BigViffer said:

lol, Clinical Strength protein... medical strength protein... those are MARKETING labels, not medical labels. There is no prescription, clinical, or medical grade Protein. That would be like a prescription beef. And even if there were such a thing as medical grade Protein, you can bet your bippy that it wouldn't contain collagen as the first ingredient of it's "protein matrix".

For those not aware, collagen is like chewing your fingernails. Or eating Jello. Or Pork rinds. It is not a significant source of protein. And having whey sandwiched between that and casein does not make for a compelling product. For $30 bucks, buy a tub of 100% whey concentrate or isolate. Or go for Soy if you're vegan. But avoid collagen because it does nothing for the rebuilding of muscle tissue. It MIGHT help skin elasticity or hair loss. (I am not saying that after you stretch the hell out of your skin this will help with stretch marks. That ship has sailed.)

Thank you for your comments, you are correct that the term Clinical Strength is a marketing term. While New Whey has been a leader in liquid protein since 2009, they have worked with consumers and medical experts to formulate an updated version specific to the needs of people on medical weight loss programs. Not only has their complete protein matrix been updated with a blend of collagen, whey, and casein Proteins, but they have also added nutrients that are commonly deficient on medical/bariatric weight loss protocols (B12, Folic Acid, Calcium & Iron).

As it relates to Collagen, although it is only part of their protein blend, it is a critical part. There exists an extensive and rapidly growing body of scientific research showing collagen to be beneficial relative to:

• Enhancement of body composition in combination with diet and exercise
  • Increase in muscle mass as part of a structured strength training program
  • Increase in fat loss in combination with diet and exercise
  • Recovery of joint cartilage
  • Strengthening of ligaments and tendons
  • Helping to increase/augment skin elasticity
  • Strengthening and growth of nails
  • Helping to reduce wrinkles and fine lines
  • Enhancement of wound healing
  • Reduction of cellulite

Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and is rapidly absorbed, presenting in the bloodstream within 15 minutes of consumption, which makes it an excellent complement to the whey and casein proteins also in our protein matrix.

Finally, we agree that Protein Powder is another good source of supplemental protein. Their focus, however, has always been to provide an incredibly convenient, concentrated liquid protein that users can transport easily, consume quickly with no mixing or no mess. There are many good ways to add protein to the diet.

Thank you for your comments, you are correct that the term Clinical Strength is a marketing term. While New Whey has been a leader in liquid Protein since 2009, they have worked with consumers and medical experts to formulate an updated version specific to the needs of people on medical weight loss programs. Not only has their complete protein matrix been updated with a blend of collagen, whey, and casein Proteins, but they have also added nutrients that are commonly deficient on medical/bariatric weight loss protocols (B12, Folic Acid, Calcium & Iron).

As it relates to Collagen, although it is only part of their protein blend, it is a critical part. There exists an extensive and rapidly growing body of scientific research showing collagen to be beneficial relative to:

• Enhancement of body composition in combination with diet and exercise
  • Increase in muscle mass as part of a structured strength training program
  • Increase in fat loss in combination with diet and exercise
  • Recovery of joint cartilage
  • Strengthening of ligaments and tendons
  • Helping to increase/augment skin elasticity
  • Strengthening and growth of nails
  • Helping to reduce wrinkles and fine lines
  • Enhancement of wound healing
  • Reduction of cellulite

Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body and is rapidly absorbed, presenting in the bloodstream within 15 minutes of consumption, which makes it an excellent complement to the whey and casein Proteins also in our protein matrix.

Finally, we agree that protein powder is another good source of supplemental protein. Their focus, however, has always been to provide an incredibly convenient, concentrated liquid protein that users can transport easily, consume quickly with no mixing or no mess. There are many good ways to add protein to the diet.

Can you provide some links to this extensive scientific research on dietary collagen? I love reading new science! Thanks!

1 hour ago, jess9395 said:

Can you provide some links to this extensive scientific research on dietary collagen? I love reading new science! Thanks!

Please visit https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov and use the term collagen to search. Google collagen study and you’ll see tons of information and studies.

Yes, collagen is the most abundant Protein in the body, but that doesn't mean it's the miracle protein solution to add to a supplement. Heck, nitrogen is the most abundant gas in the atmosphere, that doesn't mean it's the best gas to breathe in.

Did you know there was a time that cigarettes were actually prescribed by doctors to treat emphysema? A favorite discussion on this forum in the past was how the low fat or sugar free foods we used to eat had more calories than the normal versions. But people bought those products in droves because we wee told that fat was bad and carbs were bad because at the time there was allegedly extensive and rapidly growing body of scientific research supporting their claims. But as time went by, those research studies were proven wrong and turned out to be funded by the people selling the very product to solve the epidemic at the time.

Ever notice on a bag of Pork rinds that it states "Not a significant source of protein" even though the nutritional label says there are 8 grams per 100 calories? It's because the FDA requires them to put it there:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=101.9

To quote the relevant part:

7) "Protein": A statement of the number of grams of protein in a serving, expressed to the nearest gram [...] When the protein in foods represented or purported to be for adults and children 4 or more years of age has a protein quality value that is a protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score of less than 20 expressed as a percent, or when the protein in a food represented or purported to be for children greater than 1 but less than 4 years of age has a protein quality value that is a protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score of less than 40 expressed as a percent, either of the following shall be placed adjacent to the declaration of protein content by weight: The statement "not a significant source of protein," or a listing aligned under the column headed "Percent Daily Value" of the corrected amount of protein per serving, as determined in paragraph (c)(7)(ii) of this section, calculated as a percentage of the Daily Reference Value (DRV) or Reference Daily Intake (RDI), as appropriate, for protein and expressed as Percent of Daily Value. When the protein quality in a food as measured by the Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) is less than 40 percent of the reference standard (casein) for a food represented or purported to be for infants, the statement "not a significant source of protein" shall be placed adjacent to the declaration of protein content.

In lay terms, amino acid composition of pork rinds sucks. PDCAAS is the standard used here, which compares the quality of the protein to milk protein. Pork rinds (collagen protein) are full of fairly useless amino acids and severely lacking in a lot of the important ones. Adding Collagen to a protein blend is truly nothing more than filler. A cheaper way for people (any people, not just bariatric patients) to help their joints with a supplement would be glucosamine.

Don't get me wrong, I know you are just offering a product Alex because you have a business to run. But the way you copied/pasted the marketing material as a post makes it look like an endorsement.