Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Double revision. Band to sleeve to bypass..

To give a little bit of background on me, I was banded in February 2010, had ok results the first year. By the time the 2nd year came around I was already throwing up most meals, I couldn't eat anything that was not a slider food. So in order to lose weight I had to basically live off Protein Shakes or not eat which isn't sustainable. So my first year I lost 60 lb every year after that I gained and lost the same 40-lb over and over. Started researching a revision surgery to a sleeve could not get any insurance to cover it so this last July I went to Cabo Mexico and had my revision done. When they did the revision they found so much scar tissue that it took 5 hours. It was all over my liver spleen and stomach. It was a rough surgery and a rough recovery but after about 3 weeks I was okay and I started doing amazing. I started going to the gym it was really easy to eat right and put all those pieces of education on nutrition into place that I had learned while I had my lap band.. at about 4 months post-op I started throwing up often. It got to where I was throwing up dried blood, and even sometimes just liquids wouldn't stay down. So I started seeing a couple different doctors, a GI Dr did an endoscopy and discovered that I have two major strictures with stenosis and gastroparesis in between them. He referred me to do an upper GI series and I couldn't complete the test because the barium wouldn't go down. They did another Endoscopy in Boise with my bariatric surgeon's team and tried to dilate them with no luck. So they admitted me and did some IV TPN (nutrition) treatments and fluids and did another revision to a gastric bypass on Monday December 18th. I was in the hospital for 10 days because they had to do an open incision due to all the scar tissue, but honestly at this point I'm feeling really good. I'm able to drink Water and Protein with no issues whatsoever, that's something that I never could do with my sleeve until about a month in. Right now I'm just trying to learn how to navigate through the gastric bypass life because I don't know anything about it. I'm not sure what I can and can't eat ect...Once I'm on solid foods I want to find a way to get some nutrient dense food in me.

20171223_150909.jpg

received_876320309216150.jpeg

20171227_104143.jpg

Oh my goodness, what a journey! I'm so sorry you had to go through all this! Was your GP revision in MX or here in the states?

The positive of all this is that you are done with the tough part and from here on out, every day will get easier! :)

Wow feel bad for all of it.. I hope your recovery is fast and don’t run into more issues.. be well and prayers on you 🙏

Happy new year!

I hope this is the year you heal and move past all the surgeries. Are you working with the Boise St Luke's bariatric surgeons? I'm also in Idaho.

Holy moly! Hope you start feeling better soon!!! What a tough time. Please don't get ahead of any surgical instructions. It's pretty clear that you're good at building scar tissue. Call you doc at the first sign of swallowing probs!!!! ((hugs)) and saying prayers for healing!

Wow, what a journey. Happy you're on the upswing. Are there two drains from the most recent surgery? Looks like they hooked you up to everything!

Wow.. you have certainly been through the wringer.

Sending you great wishes for 2018 😀