Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you have a protein shake for breakfast?

How often do you have a protein shake for breakfast?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How often do you have a protein shake for breakfast?

• Never
    • One day per week
    • 2-4 days per week
    • 5-7 days per week

Suebob-I love the whey Gourmet Peanut Butter chocolate mix from Bariatric Eating - Protein, Vitamins, Gastric Bypass & Lap Band Info, Post-op recipes, and Help. To me, it tastes like something you'd get from an ice cream shop. I make it with skim milk and so it has about 200 calories including the milk. Per scoop: Calories 120, Total Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Total Carbs 3g, Sugar 3g, Protein 23g

They also have a lot of other flavors that sound great but I haven't tried any of them yet. It is, by far, the best one I have tried and not too bad on cost considering the kind my doc recommends are $50 for the same size container of mix.

Whey Gourmet

Yep, it's awesome! But you can get it for cheaper at Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore! (under the brand name PVL), and the shipping costs less (at Netrition, you can buy any amount of stuff and still only pay $5-$6 in shipping).

Originally Posted by mandi78 viewpost.gif

UH OH, I just ordered a tub of the whey Gourmet milky chocolate because I have about 4 bottles of Davinci Syrup to use. I hope it won't be too bad. Have you tried the Cappucino? I ordered that one too.

I've been wanting to try the Cappucino flavor, but I've already got about 4 pig jugs, buckets, and bags of protein sitting in my living room (no room for it in the kitchen).

Yep, it's awesome! But you can get it for cheaper at Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore! (under the brand name PVL), and the shipping costs less (at Netrition, you can buy any amount of stuff and still only pay $5-$6 in shipping).

I've been wanting to try the Cappucino flavor, but I've already got about 4 pig jugs, buckets, and bags of Protein sitting in my living room (no room for it in the kitchen).

Lauren... did you try the chocolate Whey Gourmet I sent you yet? Maybe it's just me that doesn't care for it.

Lauren... did you try the chocolate Whey Gourmet I sent you yet? Maybe it's just me that doesn't care for it.
I dunno. At first taste, I kind of like it. Good color, very chocolatey-looking. Nice and thick, but not too thick. Not a lot of flavor, though. Doesn't seem to have a bad aftertaste. It's really rather bland, but I sorta like it because it doesn't have a lot of flavor. A lot of the stronger-tasting drinks just taste funky and off to me, since I am sensitive to artificial sweeteners and flavors. I'd drink it, I think. It's definitely not as good as the choco/PB, but it's edible, IMO. The more I drink it, though, it kinda tastes like liquid cardboard. But that isn't necessarily bad, considering what it could taste like. :rolleyes

I'll have to try it with some of the syrups that you're sending and report back.

I dunno. At first taste, I kind of like it. Good color, very chocolatey-looking. Nice and thick, but not too thick. Not a lot of flavor, though. Doesn't seem to have a bad aftertaste. It's really rather bland, but I sorta like it because it doesn't have a lot of flavor. A lot of the stronger-tasting drinks just taste funky and off to me, since I am sensitive to artificial sweeteners and flavors. I'd drink it, I think. It's definitely not as good as the choco/PB, but it's edible, IMO. The more I drink it, though, it kinda tastes like liquid cardboard. But that isn't necessarily bad, considering what it could taste like. :rolleyes

I'll have to try it with some of the syrups that you're sending and report back.

I've only tried it w/Raspberry and I thought it made it worse.

I just don't care for it. I think I got so excited after trying the choco/PB that I expected the plain choco to be as good.

I just don't care for it but then I think Isopuke is the most horrible stuff on the planet and others like it.

I've only tried it w/Raspberry and I thought it made it worse.

I just don't care for it. I think I got so excited after trying the choco/PB that I expected the plain choco to be as good.

I just don't care for it but then I think Isopuke is the most horrible stuff on the planet and others like it.

Well, I was enjoying it for the first half of it, and then the cardboard flavor got to me. I had to choke down the rest of it. I think I'll stick to the choco/PB.

<p><p>

</p> <p>My doc and I know many docs advocate real food once you are past the healing phase. </p> <p>
</p> <p> </p> <p>Mine too. The theory is that liquid meals don't really fill you up and they are a lot of calories. This was one mistake I made for several months. (I haven't been very diligent about getting my fills.) I am told that food is the best Protein source and will keep you more full than shakes, but that shakes are recommended for GB patients.</p></p> <p> </p> <p>I try to find foods that fill me up. I am on an egg kick in the mornings. One egg plus one egg white and a bit of salsa keeps me full for a few hours. But I had another fill today so we'll see how mornings go, since everyone says morning eating is more difficult once you are adequately filled.</p>

ETA: The eggs are scrambled, lest anyone think I pull a Rocky and drink them raw! LOL!