Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing weight

I keep seeing post where people are losing all this weight right after surgery and I’m 4 weeks post op and have lost 14 pounds. And I’ve been at this weight for like the last 2 weeks. And it just goes up and down by like 2 pounds. Nothing is happening. What am I doing wrong. Am I eating too much? Too little? Not enough Water. I’m going nuts. And I only try and weight myself every few days. I’m trying not to obsess but I feel like that’s a long time eighth at the beginning for nothing to be happening. Any advice or help you guys can offer up would be great.

You have to trust the process.. I remeber losing 14 lbs per week avg first couple of months.. but I was bug (405lbs). The lower your bmi the lower pounds you loose per week. Metabolism is different too.. forget the scale and focus on size.. believe or not you might be loosing inches.. just trust procress.. follow your diet.. meet your liquid intake and Protein and you will be ok.. cheers pal! And dont get discouraged

I had a huge stall at 2.5 weeks post surgery, it lasted for 2 weeks. I started to doubt the whole process and I was wondering 'Why have I done this???'. My stall went for 2 weeks and then it broke.

I've gone on to lose 100 pounds in 4 months. My Doctor advised that stalls are very normal and your body needs them to catch up on the weight loss.

Don't stress just stick with your plan and the weight loss will come.

sounds like you're experiencing the "three week stall" (doesn't always happen the third week, but for sure sometime in the first 4-6 weeks post-surgery). It happens to almost everyone. Stick to your program and it will break. I had mine weeks 2 and 3 post-surgery. It broke during week 4, and I dropped like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days.

Thanks everyone. Sometimes you just need that reassurance from people who’ve gone through it as well. I appreciate it. I will keep sticking with it. Hopefully see some results soon.

Thanks everyone. Sometimes you just need that reassurance from people who’ve gone through it as well. I appreciate it. I will keep sticking with it. Hopefully see some results soon.

I am 4 weeks post op as of today and my weight lost is slow. I appreciate the post, I need encouragement too. I started slow on my treadmill for 30 minutes, I am hoping this helps.

6 minutes ago, ijgetsfit said:

I am 4 weeks post op as of today and my weight lost is slow. I appreciate the post, I need encouragement too. I started slow on my treadmill for 30 minutes, I am hoping this helps.

I’m exactly 4 weeks today too! Go us!! My doctor told me no working out at all till I’m eating totally normal and off restrictions. Something about not wanting me to burn calories I need right now. And I’ll be able to eat more then so it’s okay to burn them. Idk I feel like I’m already eating just fine. Its another 4ish weeks. Which is kinda a bummer cause I feel like that might make me feel a bit better about everything. It’s nice to know someone is literally going through exactly what I am. How’s everything else going for you food wise. Healing etc..?

I’m also 3 weeks out and wl is super slow. I feel great but started to get concerned. I kept telling myself to trust the process and then I read this thread. It’s very reassuring. I’ll relax a little now and keep doing my thing. Kudos all and thanks for sharing :)

Hi guys

I am 2.5 weeks out. Lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks - then put ON 2 pounds (how does that happen in 24 hours when my soft food didn’t even WEIGH that much!! And have held it there since Wednesday.

Sheesh. I reckon I am gaining weight from THINKING about eating, cos that’s about all I do!

But, I know, be patient. It will happen. I can see some change. My beautiful old ring I haven’t worn for years slid right on today!! So my hands are it, for now!!

3 minutes ago, Biddynz said:

I am 2.5 weeks out. Lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks - then put ON 2 pounds (how does that happen in 24 hours when my soft food didn’t even WEIGH that much!! And have held it there since Wednesday.

I would suspect sodium (which makes a lot of us retain water) or full-ish intestines. Both can easily make you gain a couple of pounds. Otherwise, you would have had to have eaten c. 7000 extra calories to put on two "real" pounds.

13 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I would suspect sodium (which makes a lot of us retain water) or full-ish intestines. Both can easily make you gain a couple of pounds. Otherwise, you would have had to have eaten c. 7000 extra calories to put on two "real" pounds.

I suspect you are right - after eating nothing, the pesto cottage cheese is salty, the feta is salty. I know it will pass - meanwhile, my fingers are getting thin - have had to swap ring fingers, and have my old wedding ring back on! Yay!!