Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

On 10/24/2018 at 17:54, Orchids&Dragons said:

You look fantastic, congrats!

Thank you so much!

On 10/24/2018 at 18:14, fluffy562 said:

You look Fabulous! Keep up the good work. You can tell

Thank you so much! I’m trying hard to utilize my tool 😊

My wife died in 2011 and it was a sad day when I had to remove my wedding ring because it got to tight to wear. Just last week I was able to put it back on. I've also been able to move the car seat closer to the wheel. At work I can fit into any of the safety harnesses when using power equipment rather than the biggest harness, and my weekly grocery bill has dropped significantly.

And all of these small things mean so much, don't they Phillip? Know I will continue having these mini- victories myself. And I believe your own Angel Lady is cheering you on, just wish she could be here to hug you! I'll give you a hug emoji on account.

5 hours ago, Philip E. said:

My wife died in 2011 and it was a sad day when I had to remove my wedding ring because it got to tight to wear. Just last week I was able to put it back on. I've also been able to move the car seat closer to the wheel. At work I can fit into any of the safety harnesses when using power equipment rather than the biggest harness, and my weekly grocery bill has dropped significantly.

Crying into my tea...

15 hours ago, ALFxRNY said:

I haven’t been around the forums in a little while. Today’s non scale victory is clothing. Prior to surgery I wore a 3x top/size 24 jeans. Today I went to try on clothes and fit a large top/size 17 jeans. I’m so proud of my progress even though it can’t really see a difference most days

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

We can see it!!!

Nsv

Buy jeans of the rack and they always fit

Not being able to buy pants at costco because I was too big and now because I'm too small

Walk around a crowded room without stress

Got scuba certified and was actually the smallest there, blew my mind as this is a dream come true. I'm going on a diving excursion by myself and not stressed, boom.

I went zip lining in Costa Rica

I actually will eat in front of others, huge for me

I'm not worried about being judged for my grocery cart

I no longer wish to be or feel invisible

I tuck my shirts in

I love getting dressed up and going to events

I can talk with anybody and be present and not focused on negative thoughts

I can enjoy social settings again

I can swim for hours at a time again

I am not afraid of failing anymore because of my weight

I am more aware of others needs and am more able to help them. When somebody drops something I quickly pick it up for them.

I saved ten bucks on flannel pj pants because instead of the adult xxl I used to wear I fit into a youth size

I say yes to adventures now

I have the courage to say no too without beating myself up

The negative self talk is being replaced with thoughts of gratitude

Food is finally just food again

On 10/19/2018 at 7:41 AM, Jolexis said:

First 2 NSV:
I fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to fit in 3 years! And they actually fit well. There was no sucking in or squeezing involved.

I was able to zip closed my north face jacket I have never been able to zip closed. I bought it last year on clearance ($20!!). I haven't been able to buy a winter jacket I could close in years (short with an oversized bottom).

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

North Face -$20 - clearance, you sound like my kind of shopper!

On 10/25/2018 at 09:41, GreenTealael said:

We can see it!!!

Thank you! I love my tool so much!

Oh I still can’t resist Insomnia Cookies!

I got my first tattoo earlier this week and don’t have to worry about a potentially longer healing time because my diabetes is in remission.

2 hours ago, LynnV1964 said:

These amazing Cookies appeared at work courtesy of my boss......and I didn’t touch them! Major victory!!!🎊🎉

You are a significantly better person than me... They would have *accidentally* ended up on the floor...

I can actually squat and tie my shoes without getting red in the face and losing my breath, I can play with my Grandchildren without feeling like I was gonna go into a coma!! Down from 2 blood pressure pills to 1/2 pill and will probably be off that my next doctors visit!!

HW: 246
SW: 246
CW: 161.3

Yearning for the day I no longer topple backwards when I bend my knees. Rather embarrassing to go Ka-Thud in front of people!

I got some of my 6 month post op blood work back. OMG!!! Everything is in a healthy range. I don’t meet with my doc until next week but I’m so thrilled to see normal range numbers.