Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

Oh, and you can also see in this pic I need a link taken out of my watch, lol!

outfit.thumb.jpg.4f7d2c7ce71803a0f63c0d52d185b5ba.jpg

On 09/16/2018 at 12:49, sillykitty said:

I'm packing for a trip next week to the rain soaked Mid Atlantic. Boots needed, right?

Uh ... I guess not for this trip!

boots.thumb.JPG.2decfbe48fc1df1f5a5dd8375075ba21.JPG

I expected them to be a little big, but not unwearable!

I had this same issue with my knee length boots! It used to take a lot of pulling and squeezing to get them zipped. I went to wear them last week and they wouldn’t stay up my calves, because they were too big!

Any ideas on where to buy boots for in between calf widths? Pretty sure my legs are still too meaty for regular width boots.

[mention=328469]AshAsh1[/mention] recently said in another thread that she is finding her true fashin style. I realized that I am doing the same.
I wore this outfit to a party tonight. I never before would have worn either white pants nor a yellow top. And I felt fantastic in it!
You look amazing!

On 09/16/2018 at 03:00, sillykitty said:

@AshAsh1 recently said in another thread that she is finding her true fashin style. I realized that I am doing the same.

I wore this outfit to a party tonight. I never before would have worn either white pants nor a yellow top. And I felt fantastic in it! :)

Love this look!!! I’ve been excited about finally wearing/trying out all sorts of things I’ve always wanted to wear but never felt confident enough about wearing...generally I try to blend into the background with black/neutral clothes!!

My NSVs from today:
Went to old navy wearing my now very very loose size 22 jeans. Tried on a bunch of size 18s and the size 16s which were only a SMIDGE too small for right now! And I got an XL sweater! I also bought a pair of “pixie” chinos in a dark pink/maroon color - way out of my black pants and black sweater ‘uniform’ of the last several years/multiple decades!

I also might be wearing a new/not my usual thing dress tomorrow if I work up the courage :)

On 09/16/2018 at 12:51, sillykitty said:

Oh, and you can also see in this pic I need a link taken out of my watch, lol!

You look fantastic! Congrats!

I posted this on the summer post-op thread too so I’m sorry for double posting, but what do you all think about this dress for work tomorrow? Yea or wait 5-10+ pounds or just nay in general?

Trying to decide/work up courage...

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

On 09/16/2018 at 16:16, AEdoesRnY said:

I posted this on the summer post-op thread too so I’m sorry for double posting, but what do you all think about this dress for work tomorrow? Yea or wait 5-10+ pounds or just nay in general?

I like it, I think it fits nicely. Another 5-10 lbs and you’ll be tripping over it, lol

On 09/16/2018 at 15:18, ALFxRNY said:

I like it, I think it fits nicely. Another 5-10 lbs and you’ll be tripping over it, lol
Haha I hadn’t even thought of that!!

On 09/16/2018 at 16:23, AEdoesRnY said:

Haha I hadn’t even thought of that!!
That’s what I’m here for, expanding the bigger picture 😉 You look great, own it 😊

My most recent NSV (if I can be considered one) was that my friend snapped a pic of me without my knowledge and sent it to me and I didn’t completely hate it, lol

1 minute ago, ALFxRNY said:

My most recent NSV (if I can be considered one) was that my friend snapped a pic of me without my knowledge and sent it to me and I didn’t completely hate it, lol

This is a major one!!! I feel like in the past taking pictures I haven't hated always required several shots at very purposeful angles with me trying very hard to sit/stand/breathe in the right places...and even after all that I often just hated them. What a great feeling to like a "real" and candid shot of yourself!!

1 hour ago, ALFxRNY said:
1 hour ago, AEdoesRnY said:

I agree!

I have had several NSV recently...

my favorite is that as of Wednesday I am off of my quick acting insulin and my other shot has been taken down from 35 units to 20 units.

My A1C is now 5.4 and I may actually be off of another medication by the time I have my surgery.

I have not had as much knee pain which makes it easier to walk around.

On 09/16/2018 at 16:35, AEdoesRnY said:

This is a major one!!! I feel like in the past taking pictures I haven't hated always required several shots at very purposeful angles with me trying very hard to sit/stand/breathe in the right places...and even after all that I often just hated them. What a great feeling to like a "real" and candid shot of yourself!!

All of this! I despised pics and I always felt bad looking at pics of myself. I stuck to face shots and only if they were taken by me. So glad to know I’m not the only one who is okay with it now 😊