Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hospital discharge today!

Hi all

I had my broken gastric band out and revision to RNY on Thursday 16th (4 days ago). Due out of hospital on 23rd, but I am being discharged today as it has gone so well! Why so long? My surgeon only does this by open surgery.

Compared to the band, it has been a breeze! Good pain management, and I have had no nausea at all. Lots of sleeping, 1/2 watching tv.

Day 2 (Friday) ice chips

Day 3 Water, 30ml an hour, and clear broth for dinner

Day 4 Water, 60ml an hour in the morning, Apple juice 90ml afternoon.

Day 5 1tspn yoghurt for Breakfast, two tsp puréed fish for lunch.

Once I go, it is back to liquids for a week, but we all know the purée passes through fine.

I feel mighty! (Oh yes - thanks to whoever warned me - once you start passing wind, you are not good to know! Hope that stink subsides quickly, or I will suffocate alone in my wee hotel room!)

so now the journey begins...

Glad it went well! The gas and aroma does get better with time. I remember those early days, even my dog didn't want to be around me!

Wooohoooo! Congrats and so happy you're doing so great!!! Can't wait to follow your journey and glad the pain is already better!

Thanks, All!

Hard times because my partner’s lovely dad died Saturday, so I have not been there supporting the family, but instead have been lying in hospital recovering alone!

Now in the hotel, I had a cup of coffee (decaf) to start my day, hoping I am up to being at the funeral Friday...

Edited by Biddynz

Can I ask you who are in the know, should I already be at 60grams or Protein today?

Today I am at about 45g but it has been a mission to eat that much! I am 5 days post op.

I'm not "in the know," but my Protein goal for the first week post surgery is about 40-48g daily.

Usually you have to build up to getting the full amount. The first couple of weeks it was rare for me to get near my Protein goal because I just couldn't fit that much in.