Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wife is treating me terrible after surgery.

Apple all you've done is blame the original poster. If it was a woman who made this post you wouldn't sit there on your high horse blaming her
How about the fact that some emotionally abusive people wait till their spouses is in a vulnerable position before they start abusing them. And infact all those things you mentioned like getting a job might not stop the abuse from happening. The reality is your telling me to get real then I work with men who are a victim of domestic abuse . Some physical some emotional and he could get the best job in the world and the abuse may carry on. You sound really uneducated and in some kind of world were no one else is. And your response is quite offensive and insensitive.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

The irony of this post is that I have repeatedly, over and over again, seen you personally insult people.
It may be that you reserve that behavior for strangers and behave differently with people you know IRL.

It's not that odd that someone has love and sensitivity towards people that has their heart.. It seems obvious that anyone would behave differently. I'm not sure what your point is bringing that up. This post is about someone in an emotionally abusive relationship. Are you insinuating that your shocked he doesn't go round insulting his spouse because he may say some harsh things to people online ? I hope that isn't what you are saying.

10 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

I'm very real. Your shallow and gross

This is ad hominem attack directed toward ME instead of the topic

@Alex Brecher

Edited by Apple203

11 hours ago, JohnnyCakes said:

i guess you nodded off during that whole “in sickness and in health” part of the ceremony. i feel so bad for your husband.

@Alex Brecher another personal attack for expressing a different opinion

Edited by Apple203

10 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

You sound really uneducated and in some kind of world were no one else is.

@Alex Brecher ...and MORE personal insults...

Edited by Apple203

50 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

@Alex Brecher another personal attack for expressing a different opinion

1 - seriously? you’re a grown woman tattle-telling on people?

2 - nothing i said was a personal insult to you. you explained how you treat your husband, and it’s my objective right to say that i feel sorry for him. why would you take offense to that if you think how you treat him is just fine?

3 - if anyone is breaking forum rules, it’s you. a guy starts a thread because his wife is essentially emotionally abusing him during his recovery, and you start defending her and telling him he deserves it? again, just wow....

[mention=1125]Alex Brecher[/mention] ...and MORE personal insults...

You do sound uneducated.how is that a personal attack. You are sat here blaming a victim of domestic abuse. It's disgusting.

A man comes here to share he is in an abusive situation and your advice is to blame him for her abusing him. It's not nice at all . Would you act the same if it was a woman who is coming to share emotional abuse be honest apple?, Or did you not know men can be abused ?

This is ad hominem attack directed toward ME instead of the topic
[mention=1125]Alex Brecher[/mention]

You don't me to get real what was that ?

[mention=1125]Alex Brecher[/mention] another personal attack for expressing a different opinion

Him saying he feels bad for your husband is an attack ? Is he not allowed to feel bad for someone .. ?

Ugh I came here to read posts about wls not insults and immature name calling. To the original poster.. best of luck to you. I hope your wife comes around and u two can work out your issues. Merry Christmas people

Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, JohnnyCakes said:

3 - if anyone is breaking forum rules, it’s you. a guy starts a thread because his wife is essentially emotionally abusing him during his recovery, and you start defending her and telling him he deserves it? again, just wow....

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
1 hour ago, dreamingsmall said:

You do sound uneducated.how is that a personal attack. You are sat here blaming a victim of domestic abuse. It's disgusting.

ad hominem followed by straw man

ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
  1. 1.
    an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
1 hour ago, dreamingsmall said:

A man comes here to share he is in an abusive situation and your advice is to blame him for her abusing him. It's not nice at all . Would you act the same if it was a woman who is coming to share emotional abuse be honest apple?, Or did you not know men can be abused ?

straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
  1. 1.

straw man ˌstrô ˈman/ noun
  1. 1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Is that a yes or a no ?

straw man ˌstrô ˈman/ noun
  1. 1. an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

I'm not a man. I'm a woman. Misgendering is not necessary to prove your point.

Guys all I can say is we need to support the op he sounds like he is in a bad place right now

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app