Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 1/2 mths down, 2 weeks to go!!! Need Advice

Sweetness,

Yes, I understand Sue's husband is ill so she is getting Good Sam and that Michelle was working two jobs (bariatrics and Stanford and Good Sam) and is dropping her parttime job at Good Sam. I will be going to the support group meeting tonite so will keep you informed.

Dr. McKeen and I talked yesterday and I think we are going to arrange the next meeting to be informal (probably at my house as his office is too small) and have a round table discussion of what we would like to see for his support group. He even talked about maybe attending every other are just staying until his questions were answered and then allow us time to discuss. So, I'm thinking one Saturday or Sunday late this month or early next to have this at my house. Probably from 1 to 4 or something like that.

FYI -- I was wrong that he used to work in Colorado, it was Utah. I guess he will actually be going back there a couple of days a month to do lap bands there too. The fee there will be $12500 and will not require all the pretesting. I talked to one of his patients that lives in the Bay Area and she is doing this. It will be done as an outpatient and then a day or two in a local hotel with followup here. So, this might be a great alternative for people looking for reasonable price and great local followup.

OH that makes sense then about Sue and Michelle. Sue also mentioned doing Teleconference numbers, were we specify a certain time, and we all can dial into a 800 number and have a facilitator. That would be great too if he attended everyother one.. or once a month even.

Wow that great he is in high demand, makes me feel even more confident with going in for this surgery and his great reputation.

Thanks for the info, and keep me in the loop :)

Sweetness:

Went to the meeting Wednesday night, there were about 12 of us. 4 having their surgeries next week! Vera, Sylvia is one of them. She finally got it covered under insurance. Hers is on Tuesday.

The next meeting will be at my house on February 6 (Sunday) from 1 to 4. I will talk to Dr. McKeen next week to see if he is available. We will also be setting up a McKeen group message board soon with more information.

I think Sue seemed relieved to be able to concentrate on her husband (he has inoperable prostate cancer) and that things will work out.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh great, that is so nice of you to pull everything together and host it at your house. I met Sylvia last week, what a nice lady .. I forgot to ask her her email/info wanted to wish her good luck if you happen to have it..

I feel so bad for Sue, she is so sweet and that is so horrible to hear about her husband..

Thanks for the update..

Best of luck to you! I was banded 01/11/05. Two weeks ago tomorrow. I lost 9 lbs the first week if that makes you feel a little more excited! Your stomach will be so sore for at least 4 days. Any kiddos? I have a 4 year old and 6 month old. They spent three nights with my parents. I could of never taken care of them. And my husband needed the rest too. I am a side sleeper, so it was really hard to sleep on my back. But, needless to say, two weeks later, I feel great about doing it all!!!!!!

I was able to eat normal after one week, so don't overbuy a bunch of liquid stuff. I love the fat free pudding and applesauce. broth tastes so good too!

You will definately need a pillow for you stomach. They are going to want you to try and cough as much as you can. Coughing and Sneezing sucked the first week. Try not to get anyone to make you laugh...... My husband would make me laugh at something and it was so hard! Funny, but hard! Ummmmm ask me questions and I will answer. Being a new bandster, all the beginning stuff is fresh in my mind!!!!!

Sounds great however my problem was riding, the car made me sick for 3 days for some reason. Not real sick now just queasy (did I spell queasy?)

Strange huh.Lot of gas in the shoulders. I also thought I had a breathing problem and even went back to the Doctor. It was typical for being under and gas. I felt as if I had trouble getting my breath. I made it with no problem. This board really helped me. If you need anything let us know!

Congrats.

Thank you guys so much... I am sitting here so nervous... i go in at 445 am... Im scared about anesthesia.. and waking up.. but then the pain after... my mom has flown in to help.. and i dont have any kids ...

I am never this nervous about surgeries.. do you ever feel somtimes you try to talk yourself out of something at the last minute.. its taken me 6 months to get to this point. .and i think.. oh .. it is going to be a full moon.. not good.. or Oh.. they told me i was denied and i had to fight with them to get approved.. probably just going crazy in my head ... i know it will all be over soon..

thank you guys so much for your support.. ill keep a pillow with me.. and message you all when i return.