Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Montreal operations?????

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone got banded in Montreal other than Aza and Vicky? (Hey girls :rolleyes:)

If so where di dyou go and how was your experience?

Thanks so much, Mandy

Hey there, just wanted to tell you I got my Operation in Drummondville which is about 45 minutes to 1hour from Montreal. I was operated Monday Nov 26 and it's now thursday.Tommorow will be day 5 and I feel pretty good. I noticed you were 23 so your one of the youngest people that had this operation. I am fortunate to have gotten it at the age of 18!! alright well bye for now and hope to talk to you :)

I had my surgery with Dr. Christeau at the Royal Vic. It went well. I had it 1.5 years ago, and have lost to date 200.8 lbs. I am almost at goal. I started running a year ago. I have done a half marathon and plan to do a 30 km run in Ontario in the spring.

I feel fortunate to have been so lucky with this... no complications at all.

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 200

Montreal

358/157.2/148

Hi All:

I cannot say what the experience is like however I will be banded in Montreal on January 24th. The name of the Doctor is Steven Miller and the private clinic is called SPA DIVA Medical on Peel Street. The cost is $16,000 and it is not covered by OHIP so..... I will be in debt for awhile however, I have been reading through all these posts and everyone sounds very positive about the procedure so I hope to experience the same. If anyone knows of this doctor and can give me more information, I would appreciate it. I have only met him once at a seminar, my consultation is on January 10th and they have already given me my surgery date. I will keep you posted after the consultation on further thoughts.:clap2:

Somogyi1, how did your operation go? I'm thinking of getting banded at SPA Dive Medical too and was wondering if you'd like to share your experience with them.

Thanks!

I did not have my surgery in Montreal, but I went to a bandster meeting here with a man who did. I'm not sure of the exact hospital, but he said the cost was..oh gosh..$6000? $7000? Something very small like that. And all he had to cover out of that was the cost of the band, not the surgery or hospital stay. It sounded like the doctor was very good and his patients were often called to check on their progress. He also does his fills under fluro. I should have gotten the Dr's name so I could tell people...shoot.

I had my surgery in Longueuil (10 km from Montréal).

lizzie the man you met had is surgery in the public systeme so he paid only the band it self but he had to wait a long time to get his surgery.

I was also on the public systeme ma band cost me 5 500$ and I was on the waiting list for 3 years before I could meet and talk to my doctor. Then I had to wait another 12 months to get my surgery.

For people who don't want to wait there's the private systeme and then the cost of the surgery is between 16 000 and 18 000 and there's almost no waiting time, more like a month to meet the doctor and one ro two month to get the surgery after the meeting with the doctor.

I had my surgery in Longueuil (10 km from Montréal).

lizzie the man you met had is surgery in the public systeme so he paid only the band it self but he had to wait a long time to get his surgery.

I was also on the public systeme ma band cost me 5 500$ and I was on the waiting list for 3 years before I could meet and talk to my doctor. Then I had to wait another 12 months to get my surgery.

For people who don't want to wait there's the private systeme and then the cost of the surgery is between 16 000 and 18 000 and there's almost no waiting time, more like a month to meet the doctor and one ro two month to get the surgery after the meeting with the doctor.

Hello! I also had my surgery in Montreal through the public system and paid 5,100. But the wait time was very short. I went in for a info session Sept. 9, 2008 and my surgery was on Nov.18,2008. So I guess it depends which hospital you go to. It would be worth checking into for all you looking to having it done. To go as self pay to a private clinic will cost you 18,000 here in Montreal. Wish you all the best!!!!

Nadalee

Hi, I was planning to get banded with Dr. Miller at SPA Diva as well. Could u share your experience with me ?? How did it go? how much weight have you lost so far? Any pains or complications? I'd really appreciate it if you can share your expereince.

Hi All:

I cannot say what the experience is like however I will be banded in Montreal on January 24th. The name of the Doctor is Steven Miller and the private clinic is called SPA DIVA Medical on Peel Street. The cost is $16,000 and it is not covered by OHIP so..... I will be in debt for awhile however, I have been reading through all these posts and everyone sounds very positive about the procedure so I hope to experience the same. If anyone knows of this doctor and can give me more information, I would appreciate it. I have only met him once at a seminar, my consultation is on January 10th and they have already given me my surgery date. I will keep you posted after the consultation on further thoughts.:clap2:

Hello,

I was band by Dr. Miller in sept. 08 in Drummondville(public system) got to the hospital at 11am and was home at 5pm! He is a really good surgeon, no complication, takes time to explain things(don't be shy of asking questions). He made sure I trusted him with the surgery and that was important to me since I kind of SCARED fo hospitals, I hate them, I usually get sick before going there just because Im to stress lolll He knew it and make sure I was confortable with the procedure so I wouldn't be so stressed about it. The only bad thing I could say is that he is somewhat always late, so you don't have to get to your appointment 20 earlier! I've also been to spa diva because my dieticien is there, everyone there is really nice. If you have questions just aked ok...

Good luck with your surgery!

thanks a lot for your reply. It eases my mind a lot to hear from someone who's gone with the same surgeon. Do u mind if I ask how much weight you've lost so far? When was your first refill? How many refills have you had so far?

thanks

I don't mind the question at all. I've lost around 40lb. so far, Im a slow loser! I had my first filll in mid-october, but he did put 3cc at the surgery. I was scared of getting fills even touhg I didn't had restriction, don't ask me why I don't know lolll So it took me a while to get to where I am, I had another fill in january, still no restriction then another one 3 weeks ago and now I feel what I've paid for! Dr. Miller was always telling me to stop waithing this long in between fills if I didn't feel restriction, I should have listen to him! Im gonna try to boost my weightloss I've notice that I don't eat enough Protein and alot of the girls here say that you have to have your Protein each day, so I just bought some shakes so will see.

If you have enny question just ask and let us know how your appointment was ok.

Take care

Julie

Hi all,

:smile2:I am from NB but I was born in St-Hyacinthe. I went to Montréal for my Band on August 08 at the Rockland Clinic. That Clinic ROCK !!!:thumbup:

I had Dr Henri Atlas. He was assisted by Dr Garneau that day. So I was in good hand.

To this point I lost 60 pounds. I feel great and I do not regret to drive 10 hours for the surgery. I paid 16 000$ so what? A car plus maintenance is more expensive :thumbup:

I had so far 2 refills at Dr Atlas Office (no need to go to hospital) It goes well each time and it is not painful either.

Here in NB we only have ONE surgeant (Dr Beausoleil) about 6-8 yrs of waiting. So my decision was easy.

If you want to know more about any doctors, go on Rate my doctor.com and you select Country, province, last name and Tadammm you can read what people said about your doctor.

Anyway this is my band aventure. I am feeling alone here in NB but I read everything on this wonderful website. This creates an easy way of communicating among ourselves and I like that contact. Sorry for my english I was born in prov. of Québec where most of my life I lived .

Take of yourself and your band

Madame Suzanne :thumbup::laugh: