Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled for surgery in January 2018? I'm booked in for the 12th. Would be nice to chat to people in the same stage x

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I am!!! Scheduled 1/3/2017! :):) SCARED, NERVOUS AND EXCITED

• Like 5

My surgeon had said during initial consult that if all went well I could be looking at end of January/beginning of February.. So I don't know if that "counts" or not...

Best of luck to you all, how exciting to have your dates!!

• Like 3

Hi folks! Yes it is super exciting!! I do feel quite nervous too!! That's great news RunningLibrarian! Not too long to wait! I was wondering, what's going on with my pre-op diet. There's a lot of people on here with liquid diets etc but mine's not like that at all..... maybe it's a UK thing? Also, how long have you booked off work Bboopshell? I've only booked one week's leave but starting to think I should take more....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in January!!! Best wishes!!!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

• Like 3

Anyone scheduled for surgery in January 2018? I'm booked in for the 12th. Would be nice to chat to people in the same stage x

Hi there!!! I’m jan 9th!! Start my pre op liquids on dec 26th

• Like 4

It's so exciting! I don't know why I don't have a liquid preop diet. It's all veg and Protein. I start that on the 30th December I think. Aargh!

• Like 4

Yay! I'm glad there's a few of us! Hopefully we can be a good support for each other ☺

• Like 5

Anyone else worried about their kids jumping on them after the surgery? I have a lively 2 and 4 year old and am not sure what to do to avoid it happening!

• Like 1

Hi folks! Yes it is super exciting!! I do feel quite nervous too!! That's great news RunningLibrarian! Not too long to wait! I was wondering, what's going on with my pre-op diet. There's a lot of people on here with liquid diets etc but mine's not like that at all..... maybe it's a UK thing? Also, how long have you booked off work Bboopshell? I've only booked one week's leave but starting to think I should take more....

I know my Dr only expects two days pre-op diet. So yeah so different then alot of others.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

• Like 2

I'm sure the docs know what they're doing and we can trust them but I think I'd prefer liquid only so I don't mess up the portion sizes!

• Like 1

Anyone else worried about their kids jumping on them after the surgery? I have a lively 2 and 4 year old and am not sure what to do to avoid it happening!

My kids are grown,but I have fur babies. So I have the same concern.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• allwet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcMBm-UVdII

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Tealael

Today I actually looked small to myself! This is the lowest weight of my adult life... I cant even imagine being smaller. Only 20 lbs to goal 1 then re evaluate from there. 

· 1 reply
      1. allwet

I remember that day myself, walking around outside waiting on wife at doctor and turned corner and saw myself in mirrored office window. Stopped me in my tracks cause i think that was the first time i really saw i was not the same size.

• SleeveinIL

Another NSV - I am hitting either the elliptical or treadmill for 45 min in a row. I also am doing weights for my bat wings (the back of my arms) lol. I honestly would have never been able to exercise this long before. I was straining after 10 minutes. My work offers personal trainers in the workout facility (for a fee) and I am considering it to help me maximize my time working out. I don't want to always do cardio but I am not sure what weight exercises to do now.
      On another note, yesterday after my last meeting I went down to the fitness center and worked out. I didn't text home and ask if I could, I just took the time and did it and told them to start dinner without me. I got home at my normal time and it really didn't bother me that I didn't "ask permission" to take care of myself. I actually put myself first for once.   
      · 1 reply
      1. allwet

putting your health and happiness first is really a form of putting family first. What good are you if your sick and miserable.

• XYZXYZXYZ1955

Okay, I finally took another picture of myself. I don't see much change in my appearance but I realize we don't always see ourselves realistically! So here it is: 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • AshAsh1

I'm struggling. I've been stalled now for a couple weeks. I haven't really been tracking my food like I should be. I haven't been to the gym. Both things I know are bad. I logged my food for today and I'm sitting right around 1,200 calories and 115 grams of protein. 60 carbs. I'm not sure if I should be aiming for less calories at this point. Hmmm.... well. I will def be hitting the gym next week, hard. I'd say this week, but I'm swamped with stuff after work everyday. It's just not feasible. I have been staying extremely active though. Also, cutting out all fruit this week. Here's a pic from this past weekend!

· 6 replies
      1. AshAsh1

thank you! All and all I feel great, I just know that I should still be loosing and when I remember, "hey! you aren't done yet!" then I get down on myself.

2. Orchids&Dragons

Honestly, Ash! You are young, pretty and in love! What is there to be down about?

3. allwet

Just ride this stall out AshAsh your numbers are fine. Do try to track more often but other than that just keep the faith it will break.

4. KimTriesRNY

You’ve lost a lot in a short amount of time. A stall is bound to happen sooner or later. Get back to tracking as a priority! You look great, and more progress will follow. It’s not a sprint with over a hundred pounds to lose, we have to learn to accept our bodies will take a break every now and then.

5. Sleeved36

Don't be so hard on yourself. Life happens and you have to deal with life. Even if you don't make it to the gym, go for a little walk in the evening. It will help your stress level and not make you feel bad about skipping the gym.

You have made amazing progress and look great!

Stalls are the worst and it is hard to be patient. The scale will keep moving just keep going!

6. View All Replies
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs