Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

50 minutes ago, biggirlc said:

I went thru the same thing,, got all this done and denied for dec,, I was like crap I would have waited til next year to do all the appts for deductible reasons

Exactly...

I am thinking unless there's a miracle, I'll more likely be in February than January.

I have one more nutritional visit in December... then in January will get to meet one on one with the surgeon for a consult. Since my first meeting with her was in October 16th, and I have to have these visits at least 90 days I figure that'd put me at Jan 15th or 16th at the earliest to meet with her. Then the practice is to do 3 weeks of a starch-free diet, 2 days of clears..

So while I haven't heard anything officially, I'm betting on mid February for me.

Anyone scheduled for surgery in January 2018? I'm booked in for the 12th. Would be nice to chat to people in the same stage x

I’m finishing the insurance approval process but think I’m looking at Jan. Can’t wait until I get a surgery date. [emoji846][emoji846][emoji846]

How is everyone doing? I am finding it kinda hard. To get approved I worked on it,and lost 12 lbs. When I got approved I think the fat kid in me came out. I feel like I am bingeing, i am Not though. Just feel guilty because I am having what I have heard them called food funerals. Anyone else having the same problem.
Feeling off track.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Going to my nutritional classes tomorrow. One individual and one that is a "bariatric class". This will be the last of my requirements. I got my pulmonary clearance last week. Pre-op testing scheduled for Dec 30th. I hope nothing comes back bad and delays surgery. I'm so ready to get it done!

2 more days till I find out the when!!! I cant wait

How is everyone doing? I am finding it kinda hard. To get approved I worked on it,and lost 12 lbs. When I got approved I think the fat kid in me came out. I feel like I am bingeing, i am Not though. Just feel guilty because I am having what I have heard them called food funerals. Anyone else having the same problem.
Feeling off track.

I’ve been struggling with food funerals- I think it’s part of the natural change process...

Surgery Date : TBD in Jan 2018

Hopeful I will know Wed.

Why is losing weight on crunch time so hard!!?? I’m craving everything under sun and can’t stop eating bad stuff,,, I’m worrying that I’m going to fail long run,,, I think I’m just starting to stress as jan 9 is coming fast

3 minutes ago, biggirlc said:

Why is losing weight on crunch time so hard!!?? I’m craving everything under sun and can’t stop eating bad stuff,,, I’m worrying that I’m going to fail long run,,, I think I’m just starting to stress as jan 9 is coming fast

I really don't think you will- I am feeling the same, but my surgeon was saying there is no evidence of a pre-surgery diet improving post-op success. And he's our state representative for healthcare as it relates to obesity.

Now don't get me wrong, starting healthy habits is always good and my surgeon isn't saying you shouldn't do that- only that queueing up a person for a pre-op weight loss program can be just another diet failure... you don't yet have the tool of surgery.

And for insurance they want proof of failure on diets, but so often I hear people say "they want you to prove you'll stick to it". Nope. Read the policy- the medically supervised weight loss is for failure evidence. (that doesn't relate to people who need to lose X amount before they can have surgery or have other issues).

Anyhow, I say do your best- keep doing your best and be kind to yourself. :)

I really don't think you will- I am feeling the same, but my surgeon was saying there is no evidence of a pre-surgery diet improving post-op success. And he's our state representative for healthcare as it relates to obesity.
Now don't get me wrong, starting healthy habits is always good and my surgeon isn't saying you shouldn't do that- only that queueing up a person for a pre-op weight loss program can be just another diet failure... you don't yet have the tool of surgery.
And for insurance they want proof of failure on diets, but so often I hear people say "they want you to prove you'll stick to it". Nope. Read the policy- the medically supervised weight loss is for failure evidence. (that doesn't relate to people who need to lose X amount before they can have surgery or have other issues).
Anyhow, I say do your best- keep doing your best and be kind to yourself. [emoji4]

Thanks for the advice! Its really hard,, I always thought to myself why can’t these people on “my 600 lb life” lose the weight that the dr is asking,,, now I can see why

6 minutes ago, biggirlc said:

Thanks for the advice! Its really hard,, I always thought to myself why can’t these people on “my 600 lb life” lose the weight that the dr is asking,,, now I can see why

Oh for sure! I feel bad for them- I get what needs to happen but my heart just aches because it's hard no matter what!

On 12/4/2017 at 7:14 AM, jstlilsin said:

Feeling off track.

I have no shame. I am in the midst of my food funeral. If only I were more creative. The best thing I've eaten so far is fruit Roll-Ups (my favorite food) and Cup of Noodles. Oh, and lots of beer. Like I said, I have no shame.