Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New year, new me!

Hi all!! Just got my surgery date for jan 9, 2018!! My starting weight was 350 and now I’m down to 333 with diet,, I’m 5’9,,, I stopped my pop cold turkey 4 months ago,, boy that was rough!! My hubby is 305 and very against this procedure,, so not only am I dealing with the stress of the surgery, I’m dealing with my husband being very jealous, insecure and talking very negative about going through with this surgery,, I focus 100% on my upcoming appointments and surgery date and can’t wait till the liquid diet starts the day after Christmas ( saying this sarcastically),, can’t wait to ring in the new year with the new me!!

Good luck to you! I'm glad you're staying positive. Hopefully your husband becomes more supportive. I'd maybe seek counseling if not. We all need a support system! 2018 will be great!

Hello I am waiting for my surgery appointment and then surgery date, I am happy and nervous. My husband tried to stop me, but explain him about my health issues and now he is saying he feel sorry of what I will not eat. I don’t care I want to feel healthy.

Hi all!! Just got my surgery date for jan 9, 2018!! My starting weight was 350 and now I’m down to 333 with diet,, I’m 5’9,,, I stopped my pop cold turkey 4 months ago,, boy that was rough!! My hubby is 305 and very against this procedure,, so not only am I dealing with the stress of the surgery, I’m dealing with my husband being very jealous, insecure and talking very negative about going through with this surgery,, I focus 100% on my upcoming appointments and surgery date and can’t wait till the liquid diet starts the day after Christmas ( saying this sarcastically),, can’t wait to ring in the new year with the new me!!

That’s my mantra too! (New Year, new me!). I am getting sleeved on 1/2/18. When are you having your surgery? I am currently on day 6 of the pre-op diet.

I’m having RNY and scheduled for Feb 5. I felt compelled to respond to your post because my husband has not been very supportive either. I’m 5’1”, 51 yrs old - 290 lbs. my highest weight was 312 lbs. My husband is 315 lbs, has diabetes, sleep apnea, copd, heart disease, fatty liver disease and has no desire to lose weight. Today.. he started asking questions about my upcoming surgery. He ended the conversation by saying “I really wish you wouldn’t get skinny”. I really don’t know how to take that comment. I just want to be healthy.
I started this process for the 2nd time in January 2017. The first time was 3 years ago and about 3 months into the program, I quit because I wasn’t happy with the clinic.
I’m sorry for rambling. Let’s keep in touch! I welcome any advice and will gladly share my thoughts too! Congratulations!!
Susan