Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to reclaim my life!!!!!!!!!!

Hello to all!

I am a 45 year old woman who is ready to reclaim her life!!!!!:bounce:

Just received my pre-auth from the weight loss center and I am so relieved. They had all the paperwork for over 6 weeks.

I have been dealing with my weight for most of my life. I can lose a good chunk, but TA DA...... it comes right back on and more.:help:

Truthfully, this has been very depressing. I have tried to accept myself for who I am; although, I do not feel like this is really me. I am not near as active as I used to be in addition to feeling so low energy.

Are there any of you that plan on starting a plan such as weight watchers prior to your band?? I am considering doing this as a mental preparation.

Good luck to all in your venture!!!!!!

I just reclaimed MY life 2 days ago! I can tell you that so far, I'm excited about what I have just done. Over the last 15 years, when I looked in the mirror, I didn't see myself as fat and completely avoided (or deleted) all pictures taken with me in them. Over time, it can get depressing, especially when I really looked at the numbers on the scale!

Good for you for taking a stand. I've found it is much easier (especially for women) to take care of everyone else around us.....now it's our turn!

I did not do any particular "diet" in advance. It was advised that I try various Protein supplements and have plenty for after the sx. I ended up replacing Breakfast and lunch w/liquids for about a week before sx. December will be here before you know it - Good luck!

I am scheduled just 2 days after you mejr62. I completely agree with taking your life back. I wish I could ge banded tomorrow but I know it will be here quickly. I know that the band won't solve everything. But one thing I'm looking forward to is to stop wearing my issues on the outside. I will still have issues - just like everyone else. I just want to keep my issues to myself...and perhaps a few fellow lap-banders!

I like that I am going to be forced to find a new way to deal with stress, boredom, emotions, stress, and oh yeah - stress!

Another December banding here. Remember to check in at December07 group under Monthly support groups.

I have been undergoing the Optifast diet since the beginning of June on my own prior to seeing the surgeon. I have been successful so far but know I couldn't keep it off. I drank nothing but shakes for 14 weeks and have slowly been reintroducing food over the past 6 weeks. I will end the diet next week but I plan to keep on dieting on my own until surgery. I will be accountable only to myself but I will be attend the support group for after-Optifast until surgery.

Hi, I am in your same position and the same age. I am single and have struggled with my weight my whole life.

I have just made the decision to go foward. I will have my doc appt in 2 weeks to get the ball rolling.

Do you have a surgery date yet?

I really would like to have this done in Jan. My niece gets married in June and I would like to loosea good portion of the weight by then.

I wish you the very best.

I found alot of the Protein drinks at Vitamin Shoppe - bought individual ones before committing to a case.

Isopure - liked the ready-made ones better than powder; 40g protein/serving w/no added sugar; tastes like not too sweet KoolAid, pretty expensive, but at Vitamin Shoppe they gave me the "case" price even w/assorted flavors

Lean Body - liked chocolate and vanilla ice cream; 40 g protein/serving, but 200+ calories and 9g fat; these are a nice treat :rolleyes:

EAS - has a couple of different ones (even found some at Target); AdvantEDGE carb control 17g Protein, 110cal, 3g fat; Myoplex Lite 20g protein; 170 cal, 2g fat. These were pretty good, but not as rich as the Lean Body ones

Odwalla: Super Protein vanilla Al'mondo & Chocolate; 18 g protein, both were OK, but Vanilla a bit too sweet for me; Naked Protein juice smoothie 20 g protein; 250 calories; OK but chalky; Super Protein original - very chalky tasting! Green Tea w/protein - threw it away

Kefir - Cappuccino flavored pro-biotic drink thingie - was horrible and I threw it away!

Bolthouse Farms Perfectly Protein Mocha Cappuccino (this is my treat instead of coffee!) 10g protein, 178 cal, 2.5g fat. Tastes really good, but not much more protein than skim milk.

Also, check the protein levels on the yogurt smoothie drinks. Some are decent and low-fat.

I also have huge containers of whey Protein (vanilla and chocolate) that I was adding to smoothies (just fruit, skim milk, powder, & ice) or mixing w/a bit of coffee, skim milk, and ice. I liked the whey protein better than soy personally.

Hope this helps!