Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER SLEEVERS CHECK IN HERE

Hi All,

Didn't see an October Post Op thread so I figured I'd start one.

I was sleeved on Oct. 17,2017. I had no complications, only pain I dealt with was the gas that was stuck in my rib/chest area for about 4 days. I didn't have any nausea or vomiting and have been doing great. Only frustrating thing is I hit a stall about 10 days ago and the scale hasn't moved yet. How's everyone doing?

I was sleeved 10/16/17, had the wonderful (sarcasm) 3rd week stall last week, scale didn't move for 6 days. Yesterday, finally down 2 lbs from where I had been all week, and this morning down 1 lb from that. I'm still on the puree diet which is getting pretty old, but it's part of my plan so I am sticking with it. Next week I'll be able to have soft foods, moist chicken/fish/turkey, etc and steamed vegetables, which I am looking forward to. Exercising regularly, having to buy new clothes (just enough to get me through the next few weeks, not a whole wardrobe), and getting comments quite often about how great I look. A friend of mine that I hadn't seen in about 4 months walked by me the other night and didn't recognize me until I stopped her, so that was pretty cool. Still have 65lbs or so to GW, but happy with the progress so far. The weight wasn't put on overnight, and will not come off overnight. It's a journey, and it's been a great one so far.

19 minutes ago, MG1776 said:

I was sleeved 10/16/17, had the wonderful (sarcasm) 3rd week stall last week, scale didn't move for 6 days. Yesterday, finally down 2 lbs from where I had been all week, and this morning down 1 lb from that. I'm still on the puree diet which is getting pretty old, but it's part of my plan so I am sticking with it. Next week I'll be able to have soft foods, moist chicken/fish/turkey, etc and steamed vegetables, which I am looking forward to. Exercising regularly, having to buy new clothes (just enough to get me through the next few weeks, not a whole wardrobe), and getting comments quite often about how great I look. A friend of mine that I hadn't seen in about 4 months walked by me the other night and didn't recognize me until I stopped her, so that was pretty cool. Still have 65lbs or so to GW, but happy with the progress so far. The weight wasn't put on overnight, and will not come off overnight. It's a journey, and it's been a great one so far.

That's amazing. You're down 66 lbs! you're half way there. I'm struggling to get my Protein in. I see my dr. on the 10th and I guess he's going to clear me for the next stage, whatever that may be. I'm on pureed stage now but I'm allowed chicken salad, tuna salad, eggs. I of course puree them so there are no solid pieces and I also chew about 20 times before swallowing. Do you have any hunger? I have none.

I was sleeved on the 24th and my 2 week post-op appointment is this Wednesday. My surgery went fine but I was in a lot of pain, had no appetite, became dehydrated and developed a kidney infection (a rough 2 weeks I know). Now I still have a little bit of discomfort at my incision sites but other than that I’m doing a lot better.

I’m so ready to be off liquids and actually have some food. My only problem is I dropped 13 pounds last week and the scale hasn’t moved since last week and I’m starting to worry. But everyone around me is telling me I look so much smaller than I did before so that is my NSV.

1 hour ago, DenaeH said:

I was sleeved on the 24th and my 2 week post-op appointment is this Wednesday. My surgery went fine but I was in a lot of pain, had no appetite, became dehydrated and developed a kidney infection (a rough 2 weeks I know). Now I still have a little bit of discomfort at my incision sites but other than that I’m doing a lot better.

I’m so ready to be off liquids and actually have some food. My only problem is I dropped 13 pounds last week and the scale hasn’t moved since last week and I’m starting to worry. But everyone around me is telling me I look so much smaller than I did before so that is my NSV.

I'm also stuck. I don't know why, but I upped my Protein and today I was down 0.3 lbs. I know it's nothing but I can't deal with the scale going up anymore. Sorry to hear you had a few hiccups. But thankfully, you're over it now and able to focus on the new you.

@RomAncaI don't have any hunger. I eat at a normal breakfast/lunch/dinner time knowing that I need that fuel and Protein to keep my body going. I haven't experienced a real hunger since surgery. It's a very strange feeling, but I'll take it! I am down 66lbs from my heaviest way (actually 68 lbs now), and 31 lbs since my initial surgeon consult, 18 lbs since surgery.

I was sleeved on the 11th and have been doing good so far other than about a 3-4 day period this week where literally nothing tastes good to me. That seems to have passed and I am now able to enjoy the few things that I am eating again. I’ve been doing good on my Fluid intake but still need to work a little more at my Protein intake. I eat the normal three meals a day and make sure I measure out everything I eat. Ive read the horror stories of people feeling ill for hours on end from overeating and I don’t not want any part of that. By measuring every meal I have yet to actually feel “full” but always manage to feel satisfied after my meals. I’ve also only been weighing myself once a week on Fridays as I don’t need that added day to day stress of worrying about the weight on top of all the other challenges that come along with this surgery. I started this journey at 333lbs and was 299lbs the morning of my surgery. I was 269lbs last Friday when I weighed myself which was amazing to see. I however still do not see a difference in the mirror from my 333lb self to my current self, even though I have had a ton of people comment on how much thinner I look. It’s crazy the things that our minds do to us.

I was sleeved on the same day too.:-) I have lost 17lbs since surgery..29 including pre-op diet. I have just hit a stall as well and it is driving me crazy already. Hard to understand how your body is not losing on the new calorie intake. Hoping my stall doesn’t last too long. I do still have hunger though. Luckily I fill up super quick of course.

I'm coming up 3 weeks post op and head back to work tomorrow. Fairly easy and unremarkable recovery. Struggling to hit Protein goals (150g) some days and very over liquids. Am able to start puree/soft Friday and can't wait. Weighing and measuring weekly only but certainly noticing clothes much looser.

Sleeved 10/30. Had a fall first night. I hallucinated that I had help getting up to go to the bathroom wound up up passing out. Other than that, had minor to moderate pain. I’m a week out now, getting bored with liquids. Had some moderate heartburn discomfort drinking liquids over the weekend.

According to my research that was probably the peak of the swelling. It is sometimes uncomfortable to wear a bra. A flight of stairs takes my breath away and sends my heart rate up to 140. I’ve had the sweats and some dizziness. I feel malnourished.

Overall, everything seems to be going well. I’m back at work. Sitting up at my desk seems to be more comfortable than sitting on couch or laying in bed. Struggling to get hydrated and Protein.< br>

Sleeved October 28, 2017. All is going well. Im down 20lbs. Unfortunately I listened to a sleever vs calling my dr and I have a complication from my IV insertion site. Im now on more antibiotics and a blood thinner

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 239
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

Hi, I had my surgery October 6th at 180lbs and now 166lbs at 4weeks post I'm. I'm loosing slowly

I had my surgery on 10/30. No complications. But have a hard time meeting my hydration and Protein goals. I lost 9 lbs. on pre op diet and 11 lbs. since the surgery. But two days ago I hit a stall and I’m now up 2 lbs. it fluctuates. Glad to have found this thread and shared.