Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Nurses?

Hello everyone!!!

I've been an RN for 20 years. No longer working in the clinical field...am a nurse consultant now for an insurance company.

Good luck to all of us!!!! ;)

Peggy

Micah

I know exactly what you mean. I've been an ER nurse for nearly 20 yrs so we see the worst of the worst at times, so I was really nervous and tried not to think about it. sometimes you just have to be the patient and trust that everybody knows how to do their job. I did however have a nurse friend who works in surgery stop by before the operation. I told him if they call a code in my room to come and recusitate me.. the rest of the staff didn't appriciate that however..ha ha. I felt better though!

I've been an RN since 1985. I coordinated clinical trials of investigational drugs for a few years (after being a NICU nurse for many, many years) and most recently I am on a team that helps develop computer software for clinical staff to use - I teach the classes to other nurses too once the software is developed. I had my lapband surgery in the hospital where I work and was treated like a VIP, so it was pretty cool.

hi .. I am an RN too, hospice. I LOVE hospice. 6 weeks post op. trying to get back into the healthier foods! I can eat most anything in smaller amounts. But I want to lose this freaking weight ! Glad to see a new nurse thread. We gotta stick together ! What is everyone eating post op? Are you still losing? I am losing but man, it is slooowwwww. Probablly my fault. I still love food but it is getting less attractive now.

Go nurses !!!

Hello my RN friends...especially those in Labor and Delivery Land. I've been a nurse since '93. LPN in '93 RN/BSN in '94 and CNM/MSN in '01. The last time I had weighed this much was in Midwifery school. Afterwards, I was able to take some of it off, but it crept back up again. So, I looked into the lap band and had it placed on Monday...along with Micah, right?

So far,so good. My doc was pretty strict with the diet. I've been on clears and Protein shakes for 4 days. My daughter had a slice of pizza today and it reminded me of the Bugs Bunny episode where the 2 guys are on a deserted island and one is seen as a hamburger and the other a hotdog! Tomorrow I start with thin purees...do frozen margaritas count?:(

I'm staying out of work for another week because I can't imagine a 13 hour night shift with only thin oatmeal to eat...any suggestions?

Hello fellow nurses! Just saw this thread and thought it was a great idea. This forum is a great place for inspiration and motivation. Am looking forward to getting to know you all better. (I am a Critical Care RN). Good luck to us all!!

Another Nurse here! I have been a RN for 11yrs.I work one night a week in Labor & Delivery and stay home with my 3 kids the rest of the time.When it is not a full moon, work is actually a braek for me! LOL! I was banded in March and just made an appt today for a Tummy Tuck consult on Dec 13th!!!!

This is a great idea for nurses to come together like this. I am a RN also. I am a Lead Nurse at a prison in Georgia. I know this is a little different from what everyone elso does, but I actually enjoy what I do. It takes a special person to do this type of nursing. I do the same task that I performed in the hospital setting, just on inmates are my patients. I had surgery on August 17th and have lost 26 lbs so far. I would have love to have lost more, but I know it is a slow process. My plans are to be lost 50 lbs by my 6th mth anniversary. (Feb 17th)

Hello Nurses! =)

I'm a 3rd year nursing student and I also noticed a common theme of nurses on this forum who have or are getting the band. I'll be getting banded on Nov. 2nd and I'm so excited. Nursing is actually part of my motivation to get this surgery. When I graduate I want to be a healthy nurse and a good example to my patients. I'm 21 and have no health problems right now but I know if I don't make a big change now I probably never will and I willl have major health problems down the road as a result. I guess seeing the outcome in the hospital when someone doesn't take care of themselves helps encourage me as well. Good luck on your journy everyone!

welcome all nurses and angels in training, I am from East Texas.

Getting really hungry now, ate a whole mcRib, and it was great but I wish I would have felt full before I finished it !! :faint:I will keep on trying ! All the nurses I work with want the lapband too

amy.... you look great! Hope to be down like you soon. Christmas is my big goal date!

Hello fellow nurses! I am a critical care nurse on the Illinois/Iowa border. I am getting banded next Wednesday, November 7th. Wish me luck! All my coworkers have been super supportive, but I've gotten a ton of flack from the doctors I work with!