Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

An Amazing Year!!!

My fellow gastric bypass patients!!! The 18th of October was my Surgerversary!!!

From 492lbs to 233lbs!!! Down 259lbs in 15months, yes I lost 30 lbs before surgery.

I lost 83% of my excess body weight!!!

From a size 72L suit coat to a 46L!!!

On 10/18, I ran 6.5 miles because I can - yes so so just ran a 10k...:. Never thought I would run again...

BP is 110/70 routinely

A1C is 5.0

Total Cholesterol from 185 down to 122....

Triglycerides from 76 to 41....

Thank you for all the support and to this working to find success keep the faith!!!

You can accomplish your dreams as well.

Oh wow! Congrats! Can you share your diet/exercise plan with us? Obviously running.. how did you work up to it?

Thank you

I have followed my clinicals teams dietary plan very closely. Warning Very long reply....

Avg day I do the following:

Water 20-30oz pre workout

12oz of Fairlife Fat Free Milk with 2 scoops of nectar whey isolate Protein Powder. This equals 3, 4oz servings to be consumed throughout the day. One during workout. This milk has less sugar and more Protein.< br>
Water 20-30oz

Then egg white scramble with spinach, onion, Pico de Gallo, get free cheese, and diced homemade turkey sausage. I make and eat 4oz.

Water 20-30oz

4 oz Protein shake

Water 20-30oz

Meal Protein first - typically 3 oz grilled chicken or turkey. 1 oz of cooked veggies or Water rinsed fruit cup.

Water 20-30oz

4oz Protein Shake

Water 20-30oz

Meal Protein first - 3oz grilled fish or chicken and 1oz of veggies (riced Cauliflower)

Water 20-30oz

All foods are made without oil or butter.. even when eating out.

I wait 15min in between every 1 oz portion of food. I wait 30min after my last 1oz meal portion.

Take my Vitamins and supplements daily as prescribed.

Workouts
I started out walking the mall, then elliptical, then I started the step climber, then I started walking in the treadmill with random hill inclines. Worked my way up with time and intensity every week.

I have been doing 30min of cardio and 30min of full body strength training. Typically 3 days per week. The other 2 days I might row, walk, or swim. Running was an accident... Treadmill setting went to high so I decided to jog so I wouldn't lose my program. I jogged for about 85seconds, then everyday I increased my length of time on the treadmill jogging. Then up to 5 min intervals. I jogged a 5k and decided I was going to finish no matter what - walk, crawl, or jog.

Over the last month, I started doing kickboxing classes 2 days per week.

Secret has been moderation and grsdually adding new pieces every week.

I use sugar free BBQ Sauce, spicy mustard, yellow mustard, reduced sodium soy sauce, sugar free ketchup.< br>
I weigh myself daily. Most importantly I decided before surgery that I was going to do all the work to make the most out of this opportunity. I cook 98% of all my meals. I measure every meal at Home and at restaurants. I carry a digital food scale at all times.

My treats are sugar free popsicles.

I have started trying recipes to introduce variety to my daily meal routine. I've eaten shrimp, fish, beef, chicken, turkey, pork, tuna, eggs, egg whites. Ground turkey crust veggie pizza, ground turkey meat loaf, ground Sirloin meet loaf (I get the butcher to strip the fat out basically making 98% fat free ground beef). Prep and store food.

Our minds are the only limitation... If you can imagine a food it most likely can be made in a healthy manner.

Hope this helps!