Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What’s your favorite thing to eat on your puréed diet?

Hello! I’m new to BariatricPal! I’m 19 years old and I’m one week post-op from my gastric sleeve.

I’m on my full liquids for another 2 weeks then I can start my puréed diet!

I’m actually really excited for it cause I can eat real food with flavor.

Some people suggest baby food (not the meat but like sweet potato’s, carrots or peas)

As weird as it sounds I’m so excited to eat Hummus and mashed potatoes!

My dietitian said anything can be puréed if you try hard enough but make good choices.

I just finished purees and am on soft food now. My favorite thing, both for taste and ease of eating, was and still is cottage cheese. I always loved cottage cheese and I found that it went down so easily, that it remains a favorite. Also, I loved the pea Soup I made from scratch.

1 hour ago, CJ Sunshine said:

I just finished purees and am on soft food now. My favorite thing, both for taste and ease of eating, was and still is cottage cheese. I always loved cottage cheese and I found that it went down so easily, that it remains a favorite. Also, I loved the pea Soup I made from scratch.

I love cottage cheese also. Now I am a sweet person, I take my cottage cheese and add a little sugar-free strawberry jelly yum yum!!! Taste almost like a strawberry cheesecake.

2 minutes ago, shedo82773 said:

I love cottage cheese also. Now I am a sweet person, I take my cottage cheese and add a little sugar-free strawberry jelly yum yum!!! Taste almost like a strawberry cheesecake.

Oh no! Don't sweeten my cottage cheese...It's savory all the way for me...in fact, if I could (but I'm too early for it) my preferred way to eat it is with onion and caraway seed...like my mom used to make!

Now, that strawberry jelly trick would work well with ricotta cheese in my book...that cheese I like sweetened up!

I’m not big on cottage cheese but the Greek yogurt with fruit or goodies you dump in are really good!

1 minute ago, Rose400491 said:

I’m not big on cottage cheese but the Greek yogurt with fruit or goodies you dump in are really good!

Yes, but I couldn't have most of the fruit and goodies in the puree stage!

Hello! I’m new to BariatricPal! I’m 19 years old and I’m one week post-op from my gastric sleeve.
I’m on my full liquids for another 2 weeks then I can start my puréed diet!
I’m actually really excited for it cause I can eat real food with flavor.
Some people suggest baby food (not the meat but like sweet potato’s, carrots or peas)
As weird as it sounds I’m so excited to eat Hummus and mashed potatoes!
My dietitian said anything can be puréed if you try hard enough but make good choices.

Puréed butternut squash, really any winter squash is good. I’m currently eating some pumpkin Soup that is Devine. You can also eat really well mashed avocado.

I like a variation of Eggface's Ricotta Bake using cottage cheese. I'm not in the post op phase yet, just a freak who's "practicing" living the dream so that I'm ready to play when the coach puts me in the game. :D ha! I love CC sweet or savory. The Daisy 2% Small Curd is ridiculously delish and doesn't have hidden ingredients.

@cjsunshine Would you share your split pea Soup recipe please? kthnx!

Buffalo chicken dip and pimento cheese.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

I loooved mashed potatoes made with veggie broth! I switched off with applesauce so I could have the sweet/savory combo.