Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hot Then Cold Body Temp & PCOS?

This one is more geared towards women (unless men are privy to this topic). I had RNY on Tuesday but I noticed that my face and neck especially, get really warm but the rest of my body can feel cold. My temperature is normal but it feels like I have the chills or coming down with the flu (I’m not). Should I also mention I have PCOS...perhaps these are my hormones trying to adjust to this foreign object (pouch) in my body?

Also, I do have a bit of shortness of breath so I’m walking slower. And my doctors and nurses checked my lungs, they’re fine. And yes, I’ve been using my spirometer as directed. :) I also presume this is again, due to a foreign object in my body?

On a positive note, I have noticed my cycle has shortened drastically...I started Thursday but I’m coming to an end. Best of all, not a single cramp!!

Has anyone encountered any of the same symptoms? Thanks for your time.

I think wls messes with your hormones for a bit. Perhaps ask your doc. Hope it all improves soon for you [emoji846]

Thank you, I sure will.

What's the foreign body inside you?

Hormones. I’m the same, PCOS and post surgery my cheeks are always flushed. Just wait until you’re further post-op and the libido kicks in HIGH gear. I have a “glow” all day. Pink cheeks. It’s almost embarrassing. LOL. And it does not matter if the rest of me is freezing either!

Hormones. I’m the same, PCOS and post surgery my cheeks are always flushed. Just wait until you’re further post-op and the libido kicks in HIGH gear. I have a “glow” all day. Pink cheeks. It’s almost embarrassing. LOL. And it does not matter if the rest of me is freezing either!

Lol yes, my cheeks are definitely flushed then it makes me feel somewhat icky. Thanks for your feedback!

Just now, niccib said:

The pouch.

I think maybe this is a semantics situation, but unless I'm missing something and you do actually have a donor "part" like my cadaver muscles that rebuilt part of my foobs, there is nothing foreign in your new gut anatomy. It's still YOUR stomach, so autologous. It's just a new arrangement/size of original equipment. I make that point not to be a jerk, but because someone new coming here might read this thread and think it's not your real anatomy.

I also think it helps psychologically to not look at your new anatomy as a foreign object in your body. Our immune systems are set up to reject foreign bodies in order to keep us alive. I don't know about you, but I sure as hell don't want to set up a self-fulfilling prophecy on rejecting part of my own body. :blink::784_peace:

Certain times right after eating, I notice my face will flush for a while. I should write down what I consumed before having that happen and see if there is a pattern. So.. for you, it could be the same way..something you are consuming.

Or it could be hormones.

But, your pouch was fashioned out of your own stomach (unless your surgeon clearly said otherwise), so although it has to heal, there is no foreign body except your staples and suture material.

Certain times right after eating, I notice my face will flush for a while. I should write down what I consumed before having that happen and see if there is a pattern. So.. for you, it could be the same way..something you are consuming.
Or it could be hormones.
But, your pouch was fashioned out of your own stomach (unless your surgeon clearly said otherwise), so although it has to heal, there is no foreign body except your staples and suture material.

Thank you for your feedback. I believe it is my hormones trying to adjust, but I’m for sure asking my surgeon for a definitive answer, you know? I just thought it would have been a great place to interact with like-minded individuals who offered advice. (Of course I am not referring to you, you have been kind, thank you. :) )And yes, I understand how the pouch was developed but apparently the angry person who commented before you, decided to make him or herself feel better about themselves, by speaking from an angry place.

Thank you for your feedback. I believe it is my hormones trying to adjust, but I’m for sure asking my surgeon for a definitive answer, you know? I just thought it would have been a great place to interact with like-minded individuals who offered advice. (Of course I am not referring to you, you have been kind, thank you. [emoji4] )And yes, I understand how the pouch was developed but apparently the angry person who commented before you, decided to make him or herself feel better about themselves, by speaking from an angry place.

Oh and I just blocked them because who has time for negativity. :)

Yea, I think it’s probaly hormones. And yea it’s not a foreign body but I knew exactly what you meant because it probaly feels like it!!! Very best of luck to you, I think you’re doing great. Did you manage to get to your doc? X

I'm sure Fluffy didn't mean to come across that way. She's actually very sweet and funny most of the time.

As for the flushing.. if it happens after taking your Vitamins it could be the niacin. But that should only happen for a couple hours.