Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so we all complain about the Protein but I am having an interesting issue so I am RNY Gastric Bypass my Dr. Requires liquids for 2 weeks, post surgery which is right where I am at. I found out I am lactose intolerant woohoo for that but here is my bigger issue I gag with the Protein Shakes I take them in a 1oz shot if you will and I have to sip on it you guys no the drill and then I have to wait about 12 mins before I can have another. But I gag with every sip I have tried to Water them down, under water them to get over with faster, rotated with "shots of water" how do you guys tolerate them help.

Try different brands and types (powdered, ready made, clear) until you find one that doesn't make you gag. I hate premiere it made me gag but many love it... actually all premade ones do it to me. I need powders, but those make others gag! I tried about 15-20 before I figured it out. I like Quest and Syntrax matrix. A few of the Syntrax Nectar flavors too, and chike.

Nashua Nutrition online will sell single serve trials of any powder they sell for $2.

At the beginning I can't tolerate any Protein Drink and I bough Protein Water and it was worst...I am 2 months out of surgery and recently I am drinking premier again! But even now I can only have 1 drink for the day and another supplement of protein adding only 40 grams to my diet...it is low but I can't eat more!

Maybe try the Protein waters? I've started stocking up on some things...I like the Premier shakes, but I actually found high protein Slimfast shakes at the 99 cent store, so I grabbed some of those (I don't like the flavor as well as the premier, but it'll do). I bought Trusource protein Water at Target, which my nutritionist ok'd. They have Trimio water on Amazon that I might look at again (I have to see if the protein is from whey or not)--this one had multiple flavors. I'm into the idea of trying to kill two birds with one stone, so I have to admit I have more of an interest in the waters...

2 minutes ago, Starsmore said:

Maybe try the Protein waters? I've started stocking up on some things...I like the Premier shakes, but I actually found high Protein Slimfast shakes at the 99 cent store, so I grabbed some of those (I don't like the flavor as well as the premier, but it'll do). I bought Trusource protein Water at Target, which my nutritionist ok'd. They have Trimio Water on Amazon that I might look at again (I have to see if the protein is from whey or not)--this one had multiple flavors. I'm into the idea of trying to kill two birds with one stone, so I have to admit I have more of an interest in the waters...

I actually got a couple of the Isopure waters lactose free milk free whatever cuz I can't have that now either I'll admit they're not good I had to mix two packets of Crystal Light into the bottle but at least it's not making me gag and when you work it out it's two grams of protein per 1-ounce shot which is helpful to think of instead of oh my God I have to finish the entire gigantic bottle I'm going to look at the other ones you suggested though

Whey Protein is lactose free. They are both from milk, but they isolate the whey protein from the lactose sugar so you aren't getting any lactose in most Protein Shakes. Ditto caesin.

1 minute ago, jess9395 said:

Whey Protein is lactose free. They are both from milk, but they isolate the whey Protein from the lactose sugar so you aren't getting any lactose in most Protein Shakes. Ditto caesin.

The premiere shakes tore me up so did the Isopure clear they both made me very sick and a lot of pain because of the gas/bloat so early out from surgery so right now I am very careful it has to have less than 1%

i like to sprinkle a little punctuation into my Protein Shakes.

The premiere shakes tore me up so did the Isopure clear they both made me very sick and a lot of pain because of the gas/bloat so early out from surgery so right now I am very careful it has to have less than 1%

Must be something other than the lactose then! I'm sorry.

Either that or the shakes you used have concentrate instead of isolate.

19 minutes ago, jess9395 said:

Must be something other than the lactose then! I'm sorry.

Either that or the shakes you used have concentrate instead of isolate.

Both had the dreaded milk products warning I've never been lactose intolerant before so it's all new to me

I use EAS CarbAdvantageEdge Rich Dark chocolate shakes. 17 Gmail of Protein 100 calories each shake and like 1-2 sugars

you can get them on Amazon or heathfood store online, I found them at target. They have I believe 5 different flavors. However I only like this one