Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my name is Corrissa . I hope I can make this short . I’ll do my best ! April 2014 I weighed 232 and I had quit smoking . I gained 64 pounds . My back was the first thing I noticed that hurt . I really was in bad shape . Other issues started to happen and all I could do is cry . So I looked into gastric bypass. N found a program at Alina . I started there and weighed in at 296 . Never in my life did I think I’d weigh almost 300 pounds . So I was driving over 2 hours away for my appointments dietitian and mental health therapy etc . So I get all the way to the end of the program everyone but the THERAPIST approved me to move on to surgery . I was devastated!! I yelled at that lady so bad lol I know I shouldn’t have but when ur in so much pain u will do just about anything . I mean 41 years old using a cane . So I put my tail between my legs so to speak licked my wounds n started again . So I called mayo in Mankato Minnesota. Thank God I did . I weighed in at 280 something when I started there . So I had a dr appointment for a physical and my dr said u should have a mammogram ur coming up on 42 .. YIKES !! What in the world I thought to myself ?? So I made an appointment and canceled lol I had a bad attitude about it . Did that twice . So the 3rd time I went in . Glad I did because they found a tumor . Caught early but they sent me in for s biopsy on September 22nd 2016 My first dietitian appointment with the mayo program was on the 23rd next day . So while I’m in that appointment I got a phone call I knew I had to answer . It was the results of my biopsy which came back that I had breast cancer . Now not that things weren’t already tough this just added more to the plate . I BURSTED into tears and the dietitian was there and just hugged me . I left her office sobbing n just sat on a bench in the waiting area in the Clinic . A nice nurse sat with me until I was calm enough to drive . OMG what in the heck was I just told ?? Me ?? Cancer ?? I’m gonna die I thought !! A few weeks from that passed by and I had a lumpectomy. My tumor was sent in for testing and came back with a low score meaning it was only stage 1 . I was relieved but still scared . I had decided that not only was I gonna fight this cancer I was gonna fight this weight loss as well . So I went through 28 radiation treatments and went through the bariatric program as well , February 9th 2017 I finished my last cancer treatment! Wahooo cancer free I was so happy ! And I am still cancer free ! So I finally get through the weight loss program had lost some weight on the way . My insurance finally approved it and I had surgery August 9th of this year . Day of surgery I was 261 I’m now 219 . It’s been a heck of a year ! I just want to encourage men and women and inspire them . Because no matter what we go through there’s no such thing is giving up . I wanted to a few times but I got my butt up and kept moving . My dietitian always tells me how brave and amazing I am and it feels great ! So I’ll share some pics . The first ones will be the bigger me and then some new pics as well . God bless you all ! Thanks for reading !IMG_4726.JPG IMG_4745.JPG

Congratulations on giving up smoking, overcoming breast cancer and undergoing gastric bypass surgery. I hope you can put all these problems behind you and all goes well in your future. Many people know that smoking is related to cancer, but what many people do not know is that so is obesity.

God bless you, it's been a long, tough road, but you've shown there's light at the end of the tunnel! Praise the Lord for blessings and your miracle testimony! You look amazing and so thankful you're on the road to continued good health! Thank you for sharing. One of my goals is walking the 5K Susan G. Komen in November to honor friends & family breast cancer survivors.

Wow . Amazing! So happy you are cancer free and that you weight loss is working. Very inspiring ! And may god keep you smiling always like that!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

you look amazing and I am so glad to hear your cancer free!!!!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Very inspiring!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations, Survivor! Great story and you look Bee-A-You-Tee-Ful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using BariatricPal mobile app