Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

East Texas Banders

Good morning all, How is the weight loss coming? I think that I'm at a still stand as well. I get my 3rd fill December 4th and I hope that it helps a lot, but then I'll settle for it helping a little bit especially with Christmas coming and my DH has his Christmas parties. I know that it won't be so bad here at school (Daingerfield High) cause the students will ALL of the Snacks from me. LOL

How are you, Renew?

Welcome, Crazey4.

Congrats, Eastxnurse on the weight loss.

I'm doing well. Iget my first fill on the 20th and boy do I need it. I must say there have been a few times that I have over done it. I have not vomited but have felt that lump in my chest that stops you instantly. I hope I haven't messed up anything. My weight loss has slowed since starting solids. I have got to start exercising. We got our first foster child last week and he is 1 month old today, so I am adjusting to being up at night again. Overall things are going well.

Amy

Congratulations on the new baby, I bet he's a sweetheart. I commend you for being a foster parent. My DH wanted so much to have a child (we married late) he's 56 and I'm 55. We have grandchildren, so I guess we can "foster" them.:P

I understand about the eating----I can eat EVERYTHING. I have been exercising everyday, mostly walking (work 30 mins, home 15-30mins.) and it has truly worked. I have a walking tape by Leslie ????? and I'm up to the 2 mile but I haven't done the 3 mile yet. I think that's why I am losing some, but not at the rate I think I should be. I want to reach my "sweet spot" fast. A friend on mine went to get her 3rd fill and she had to pay a co-pay. I thought we were told that we had 6 fills with the surgery. Do you pay for your fills yet?

Gloria

Hi Everyone! I'm still working towards getting banded. It helps to have you all here to view what you experience. I can hardly wait. I am so miserable at my wieght now. I've struggled for years, but never been this high. I find myself getting larger and larger each week. I am a city mail carrier too. You would think all the walking I do would keep it off, but I only find myself eating more. :cry

Hang in there ParisAngel. We were all in your situation before we got banded. Your time will come.

Glo, I pay a co-pay when I see Dr. H. But that's all. I think I had three fills before I started paying my co pay. I don't really remember, so don't quote me on that one. Are you coming to the meeting Monday night? I'm gonna try.

RenewedHope, congratulations on the little one. I hope you adjust soon. Every mom has the problem of adjusting to night stuff. It's gets better. Congrats on the weight loss also. You are doing great. Keep up the good work!

Yall have a good weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving. Be good to your band and it will be good to you. :)

I live in Lufkin, Texas and I will be submitting all of my information to BCBS (I work for the school district) soon and waiting for approval. I hope to have my surgery over Christmas break so that I will have time off to recover without missing time off of work. Does anyone out there have this insurance? I was told that it paid if the procedure is medically necessary. I also wanted to know if anyone used Dr. Hambrick or Dr. Meyers in Lufkin Texas. This is who I am thinking of using, but I can't find anyone who has used them for the LapBand. Just wanted a little feedback. I would also love to talk to someone out there from my area for support. I need it bad. I am a single parent of four young children and no family around. I work full time and go to school full time as well. Just looking for someone to talk with and maybe for a little encouragment. I am a little worried about myself ... I want this so bad that if the insurance does not approve me, I know I will be really depressed and down. I have too much responsibility to be down like that. Should find out in the next 2-3 weeks. I know that is not a very long time, but it sure does feel like it!!!

Hey Just A Girl. Hang in there. I hope your approval comes through soon. But don't get discouraged in the meantime. Sometimes the insurance companies require several things to get approval. Have you talked to your PCP? Call your insurance company and have them fax you the requirements for approval. (or e-mail them to you) That way you will know what you need to do to be assured of approval. I don't have BCBS, but my insurance company required me to have several things to prove that my surgery was "medically necessary". Do your research and get informed about co-morbidities and have them documented by your PCP in a letter of medical necessity to send in to your insurance. But the first thing you really need to do is get that list from BCBS. If you are not approved the first time, most insurance companies give you a limited number of times you can resubmit or have the claim reviewed. You have be careful when submitting for approval. I'm sorry if I got you down, but some insurance companies are real sticklers and make you jump through hoops to get approval. But, I promise it's worth it in the end. You will be healthier and more able to take care of those little ones. I use Dr. Heiker in Texarkana , so I can't help you with the choice of doctors you have picked, but if you need any help with other things, ask.... if I can help you, I will do my best. I mostly post on the Texarkana Bansters thread and there is a LOT of information in the first pages of that thread, and you will be able to get an idea of how things work. Again, I'm sorry if I discouraged you, I just wanted to help.

Thank for the advice. That is what I am looking for is honesty ... not a pair of rose colored glasses. I did not know that about the appealing process, but it is good to know. Although I hope I don't ever have to use it. I did have the surgical coordinator get all of the required items that I must submit and sent them over to my PCP. I hope my PCP has done everything that was asked of her. I like her but I will be upset if she forgot to document something. I guess I am just worried about everything being inline. I hate depending on others for things that will determine my future. I want to be incharge in this department ... lol. Anyway it is nice to meet you and I hope to be posting my official surgery date SOON!!

Good for you. If possible, get a copy of everything you submit. Sometimes the insurance companies "mis-place" reports and things that are critical for approval. If you have a copy and when it was faxed or sent in, then you have proof that it was sent. Send it again and document it on the copy. Keep a copy of everything that is done. Even the reciepts from doctor visits. I had trouble getting approved the first time and all that stuff helped when it came time for appeal.

I hope you won't need it, but it's some thing that will help you be "in charge". lol

Good luck and keep us posted, k?

That is so awsome that you are foster parents! My husband and I have tried to have children for 8 yrs..no luck..

I would love to foster!!!

And I just would like to tell someone..well all of you that know what i am going though with the band!

My birthday was on Nov 9th, So, I decided to try on some jeans that I havent worn in over a yr.I had already made up my mind that they probably wouldnt fit and i would be ok with that! BUT..THEY DID!!!! and they were actually kinda lose!!!

I then tried on 3 more pr one size smaller last week and they too fit-still a bit tight- but at least they actually went over my big butt and buttoned!!!

I was banded on Oct 1st and really didnt think I was losing that well.

Last sat i weighed and I have lost 29# since surgery-and 36# total..!

I am really hoping to lose 20# more by Jan1st. I dont know if that willbe possible..but hey-- I am gonna try & see what happens!!!!

Also, a friend who doesnt know that I had the surgery done saw me last weekend for the first time since right before surgery and he told me that i was really looking nice and I had trimmed down!

I was so excited!!!!!

well, enough of my babble!!

Talk to you guys soon.!

Genia

Congratulations Genia, I know how you felt when you tried those pants on. I feel the same way when I try on my clothes. It feels so good to see the weight come off and people notice. Like Lisa G says "Stay in the box".

Renewedhope, how are you doing?

Paris, have you heard anything?

Just a girl, let us know how things come out over the holidays.

Take care everyone!!!!! Have a blessed weekend.

Gloria

Hey Glo, I don't know if anyone other than the folks that see our doctors know what the "BOX" is.

For all of yall that don't know..... our doctors have a list of 10 rules that we are to follow for sucess. If yall want them, I will be glad to share. lol They are not hard rules to follow, just sensible rules that if you follow them......work.

lisa

Hey Glo, I don't know if anyone other than the folks that see our doctors know what the "BOX" is.

For all of yall that don't know..... our doctors have a list of 10 rules that we are to follow for sucess. If yall want them, I will be glad to share. lol They are not hard rules to follow, just sensible rules that if you follow them......work.

lisa

Hi East Texas Gang: I live in Edgewood. Those that don't know Edgewood, we are just out of Canton. I would love the 10 rules. I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Glo,

I am doing well. I had my first fill on the 22nd but I feel no restriction. I called Dr Querry and she is not going to make me wait a month. I go back for fill #2 on Tuesday. I am really hoping that it helps. So far, I have 4cc in my 10cc band and I have very little restriction. I can eat way too much.

Amy

Hey Sharon..... Please keep in mind that these are from our doctor. Dr. B probably has rules of his own.

1. Eat only 3 small meals a day. (Breakfast within 1 hour of getting up and your last meal 3 hours before you go to bed)

2. Eat slow and chew thoroughly (15-20 times per bite)

3. Stop eating as soon as you feel full (do not challenge the band, see how little y ou can eat and be satisfied.)

4. Do NOT drink while eating. (30 minutes before and 1 hour after) No carbonated drinks. Avoid gulping, sip.

5. Do not eat between meals.

6. Make good choices. (eat only good quality food. solid food is more important than liquid food. The band will have no effect if you only consume liquids as it will pass right through.)

7. Drink at least 6 - 8 8 ounce glasses of Water per day.

8. Drink low calorie or zero calorie liquids. (crystal lite) in addition to the above.

9. Exercise daily. You eat daily so you need to exercise daily.

10. Avoid doughy or sticky foods like white bread, pop corn, coconut, dried fruits as they can obstruct the stoma.

Please understand...... These are our doctors rules. Please follow YOUR doctor's rules above all else. These are really common sense rules for bandsters, but it helps newbies and those who have gotten off track. Hope this helps.

lisa