Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my Sleeve this morning at approximately 9:00am. My surgeon was Dr. Stegemann who is fantastic! Actually the other surgeon in their practice Dr. Gopal assisted so I was in very capable hands. I had to have an arterial line placed for monitoring BP, HR, O2 because I have an AICD (defibrillator & pacemaker) for a rare congenital heart defect called ARVD. And still everything went great. He told my son after surgery all surgeries should go that smoothly 🙂.
I had some sharp, burning pain in recovery when I first woke up that was quickly relieved with Dilaudid. Then when they moved me to a room they switched me to morphine which I had a total of 3 times, the last time less than prescribed and that was around 4:00 this afternoon. It is currently 9:48! I also have Norco if necessary but right now my only pain is the left over gas from the procedure. I have no bowel sounds yet so as long as I feel the way I do now I will not be asking for anymore narcotics because they will work against me and I'd rather have a little pain and have bowel sounds and know they're working again. I've been nervous for days ahead of time, (nurses are worriers because we know all about the complications lol) and because of my heart. But that is why I had the surgery, I need to take any added strain off my heart that I can. I had some nausea a few times earlier in the day but it was always brief, maybe a minute or 2 at the most, and I haven't had that in several hours as well, and they did give me Zofran twice but, I'm going to try not to take it again because all nausea meds can potentially cause a serious arrythmia. I've been taking tiny sips with a spoon of Water, ice chips, and even smaller bites of Jello.< br> I walked the hall, I'm using my spirometer, taking deep breaths and coughing, I want this to be as successful as it can be. I'm sorry it's long-winded, but I wanted to give as much detailed info as possible for those who are getting close to their surgery date.
I will check in tomorrow evening to let you know how day 2 went and if I went home or stayed another night. Love & Light to you all.
Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well I didn't get to go home like I'd hoped. I wasn't able to get in enough fluids on my own so they are keeping me one more night to make sure I get in enough fluids and get an idea of how much I need to get in a day. It hasn't been easy because I cramp with very little Fluid. Otherwise everything else is going good. Been up walking around on and off all day and sitting up in a chair. Just have to work on those fluids!

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using BariatricPal mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches